Sign in to follow this  
pennywise

cluck

He can remain being cluck, wouldn''t be the same without him!

[quote user="pennywise "]has he now got to reinvent himself ?  [:D][/quote]

Cluck won''t sleep until Smith and Jones have left town in chains.......

Then he''ll start on someone else....   [;)]

Now Cluck used to want Crook[:O]

Maybe it was a CK thing.

Cluck wanted Crook but he turned out cack but she still wants rid of the cook so get chase back.

Cluckin'' Nora!!!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Maybe it was a CK thing.

Cluck wanted Crook but he turned out cack but she still wants rid of the cook so get chase back.

Cluckin'' Nora!!!!

[/quote]

Now now. Horses for courses as they say.

He who stands still in thought and all that. Crook was a great passer of the ball and this naturally would be his philosophy. Try that tactic at Hartlepool or Swindon in the middle winter and you''ll get stuffed.

Do keep up Nitty.

[quote user="Cluck Gonecaster"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Maybe it was a CK thing.

Cluckin'' Nora!!!!

[/quote]

He who stands still in thought and all that. Crook was a great passer of the ball and this naturally would be his philosophy. Try that tactic at Hartlepool or Swindon in the middle winter and you''ll get stuffed.

Do keep up Nitty.

[/quote]

The strange thing about football is it''s the same game regardless of the league. Only the Premiership seems to have different rules. But then, the Premiership in not part of the league anymore anyway. If you can pass the ball in the Champs you can make the same pass in League One. If our midfield aren''t brave, if they continually play the ball backwards then we won''t win anymore games in League One than we did the Champs. But if they are brave, if they look to pass the ball forwards to willing strikers who are not afraid to want the ball and if these strikers are supported by wide players who want to take on defenders and put in decent crosses then we may not get stuffed as often as we did this season. That would be a start!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck Gonecaster"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Maybe it was a CK thing.

Cluckin'' Nora!!!!

[/quote]

Do keep up Nitty.

[/quote]

The strange thing about football is it''s the same game regardless of the league. Only the Premiership seems to have different rules. But then, the Premiership in not part of the league anymore anyway. If you can pass the ball in the Champs you can make the same pass in League One. If our midfield aren''t brave, if they continually play the ball backwards then we won''t win anymore games in League One than we did the Champs. But if they are brave, if they look to pass the ball forwards to willing strikers who are not afraid to want the ball and if these strikers are supported by wide players who want to take on defenders and put in decent crosses then we may not get stuffed as often as we did this season. That would be a start!

[/quote]

I''m not happy about us being nice to each other here... but just for tonight I''ll make an exception....

I watched alot of lower league stuff at Bournemouth and the team that humped it forward often won the game. It''s not pretty but it gets results and if we get back up in a year or two we could maybe return to the fancy dan stuff.

I quite enjoy a bit of kick and run. Lots of heavy tackles going in. Great!

[quote user="Cluck Gonecaster"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck Gonecaster"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Maybe it was a CK thing.

Cluckin'' Nora!!!!

[/quote]

Do keep up Nitty.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not happy about us being nice to each other here... but just for tonight I''ll make an exception....

I watched alot of lower league stuff at Bournemouth and the team that humped it forward often won the game. It''s not pretty but it gets results and if we get back up in a year or two we could maybe return to the fancy dan stuff.

I quite enjoy a bit of kick and run. Lots of heavy tackles going in. Great!

[/quote]

I don''t want to be nice to you either. It''s unusual foir you to be talking about football on this football message board. Bet it doesn''t last long[;)]

I don''t know what you watched at Dean Court but what I do know is that football teams have to be able to "mix it up" to be successful, especially in the lower leagues. But the basics are the same. Passing and movement. Crook may or may not be able to coach players well, the jury is out, but not even Hiddink could make a silk purse out of a sow''s ear. Our midfield has not been good enough to pass the ball at Championship level since Worthy was sacked and his players replaced. I have my doubts about whether the ones we will have left will be good enough to pass the ball at League One level. And that''s the case whoever coaches them.

Cloughie''s success at Derby and Forest came at a time when Division One was people with cloggers and tackling was treated much more liberally than today. In addition to that the midwinter pitches were usually quagmires. However, he won the League playing the ball on the ground. It can be done, because good execution will always ensure that quality shows through.

Lawrie Sanchez is the man to get us up within a couple of seasons.....

As for passing the ball.... some of the pitches at League One level are like ploughed fields by November. Ever tried playing snooker on a sheet of corrugated iron?

Kick and run is what you will get.

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

As for passing the ball.... some of the pitches at League One level are like ploughed fields by November. Ever tried playing snooker on a sheet of corrugated iron?

[/quote]

What a load of old pony!!!

All of the pitches at league one level are as good as the pitches that you and I first watched football on in 1827 or whenever it was. And those posters whose opinions I respect always tell me we passed the ball just fine in 1959. (that rhymed by the way).

Cluckwit. (so did that).

[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck is God"]

[/quote]

All of the pitches at league one level are as good as the pitches that you and I first watched football on in 1827 or whenever it was. And those posters whose opinions I respect always tell me we passed the ball just fine in 1959. (that rhymed by the way).

Cluckwit. (so did that).

[;)]

[/quote]

You really are a silly old fool aren''t you? ......1959?

Move on as you are hopelessly deluded about the modern game of massive voids. Wait till winter and we''ll see how many tonkings we take if we fanny about trying to pass and move on a sandpit.

Now go and get behind Gunn like a good little lamb..........

Speaking to a lad here at work who''s a rabid Man City fan, he understands my pain but reminded me that Man City were able to come back up playing decent flowing football - in fact that''s what got them back up.

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

[/quote]

I hope thats a joke about Lawrie Sanchez Cluck, in the time I''ve watched football both he along with Roeder and Bryan Robson are people I would never want. (unfortunately we had Roeder)

[quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck is God"]

[/quote]

Cluckwit. (so did that).

[;)]

[/quote]

You really are a silly old fool aren''t you? ......1959?

Move on as you are hopelessly deluded about the modern game of massive voids. Wait till winter and we''ll see how many tonkings we take if we fanny about trying to pass and move on a sandpit.

Now go and get behind Gunn like a good little lamb..........

[/quote]

How on earth do you play football without passing the ball? It''s you that''s deluded about the modern game.  League One is pretty much the standard of the Championship 10 years ago. That''s how much football has moved on and the reason we got relegated is because our squad slipped back to the standard of 10 years ago. Etuhu to Russell and Earnshaw to Cureton sums it up nicely.