Sign in to follow this  
The Chirp

The Chirp - Player Reviews

Good morning all,I would imagine a few of you are more than a little chipper at the news that Doncaster and Munby have been cast out into the Wilderness (no I don''t mean Suffolk...) So... To bring you back down please take a look at my new blog on the Chirp http://new.pinkun.com/content/columns/thechirp.aspx    (copy paste, link isn''t working)Took a little while to write, but I think my player reviews are about right. Grab a cuppa(you''ll need it) and take a look and let me know your views. Best, James

Nice read, if a little generous in your ratings in my opinion!

Not to nitpick, but I think your paragraph on The Doc actually says the opposite of what you really mean, unless you really do hate him? :)

hey Mr Chimp, Basically i really thought the Doc was terrible for a while, but this year, i think he has shown improvement. He''s nowhere near the standard of malky mackay but he''s certainly showing a willingness to get stuck in. With the ratings, I tried to take an average for the season... i mean with thoughts of relegation in mind and the last game of the season i could have given them all 4 out of 10 but i think most of them played okay... but like i said at the end of the piece, okay simply isn''t good enough... A team can carry one maybe two players who are always average... but not 6, 7 or maybe 8 like Norwich had/have. Thanks for the comment though, it''s always very interesting to hear peoples views.

I don''t disagree with that at all, I was just referring to what I assume is a typo:

You either love him or hate him. This season for me I would have to say I now fall into the latter category. I must admit I used to really wince when the ball was anywhere near the former Republic of Ireland international, but now that the Doc has shed a few pounds he looks a different player. He certainly wasn''t faultless, but it''s fair to say he was certainly one of the better players for the Canaries last season.

Either that or it doesn''t quite add up? :)

oops! I see what you mean now! I''ve amended it... you''re totally right, that didn''t make sense! thank you for pointing that out! egg on my face.