Sign in to follow this  
Hucks 96

Excellent decision

Its good to see that the Board (what''s left on them!) have ignored those blood letting morons and appointed Bryan Gunn and his team. Congratulations Gunny I''v e been watching City for 40 years and I feel sure you are the best man for the job. I am looking forward to next season already. With your own team at least we can be assured each man will give 100% for the club.

Aww how sweet [:)] [:|]

Come to think of it. I''ve been a Norwich fan all my life, and I''ll give 100% for the club! I''m going to apply for a place on the coaching role right now! At least it will keep you happy [:D] [Y]

[quote user="Hucks 96"]Its good to see that the Board (what''s left on them!) have ignored those blood letting morons and appointed Bryan Gunn and his team. Congratulations Gunny I''v e been watching City for 40 years and I feel sure you are the best man for the job. I am looking forward to next season already. With your own team at least we can be assured each man will give 100% for the club.
[/quote]

Just like they motivated the players to give 100% in all those matches last season eh?

[quote user="Hucks 96"]Its good to see that the Board (what''s left on them!) have ignored those blood letting morons and appointed Bryan Gunn and his team. Congratulations Gunny I''v e been watching City for 40 years and I feel sure you are the best man for the job. I am looking forward to next season already. With your own team at least we can be assured each man will give 100% for the club. [/quote]A simple lesson in mathematics:19 games.5 wins= RELEGATION.That is is currently his record, with Gunn as our manager I am far from convinced that we will get anywhere near the Championship next year.

we can be assured each man will give 100% for the club.

Really. weren''t  Semmy, Rusty Doherty Marshall Clingan Croft Hoolahan  all our own players and what good did that do at the end of the day, I saw them throw in the towel more than once.

[quote user="Hucks 96"]Its good to see that the Board (what''s left on them!) have ignored those blood letting morons and appointed Bryan Gunn and his team. Congratulations Gunny I''v e been watching City for 40 years and I feel sure you are the best man for the job. I am looking forward to next season already. With your own team at least we can be assured each man will give 100% for the club.
[/quote]

You absolute Dong

[quote user="kennyfoggo"]we can be assured each man will give 100% for the club.

Really. weren''t  Semmy, Rusty Doherty Marshall Clingan Croft Hoolahan  all our own players and what good did that do at the end of the day, I saw them throw in the towel more than once.[/quote]Croft, Clingan, Hoolahan and Doc cannot be faulted for their efforts. It''s just a shame those around them didn''t put in the same kind of work ethic and desirability

[/quote]

Enjoy relegation then.............again.

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="kennyfoggo"]we can be assured each man will give 100% for the club.

Really. weren''t  Semmy, Rusty Doherty Marshall Clingan Croft Hoolahan  all our own players and what good did that do at the end of the day, I saw them throw in the towel more than once.[/quote]Croft, Clingan, Hoolahan and Doc cannot be faulted for their efforts. It''s just a shame those around them didn''t put in the same kind of work ethic and desirability[/quote]But still we went down,  the point was nothing guarantees 100% effort  whether a loan player or our own.   Croft gave up the fight, his injury wasn''t of the phyiscal but of the heart, (Munby''s words not mine)  I still say I saw them lose heart and fight. true they did give it some at times but at the end of the day, they weren''t good enough, that includes the lot...

Thats is a crock of sh*t.He was head of player recruitment - he influenced the players the club brought in.As manager he brought in several loans, not "nine day wonders" he had been the person scouting them for ages - and they were all, apart from Mooney and Lee (partly) absolutely shocking.

[quote user="Hucks 96"]Apart from Cody, Gunn didn''t sign any of the players who took us down. [/quote]

[/quote]

How are you Melissa, or is it Angus?

[quote user="Hucks 96"]Apart from Cody, Gunn didn''t sign any of the players who took us down.
[/quote]

So Gunn signed one player according to you [^o)] Loan players do count. They still contribute to the team... If they don''t, we shouldn''t be signing them. Which is something Gunn did. Therefore your argument does not stand.

Wake up and smell the coffee. Gunn''s already shown himself to be a failure.

[/quote]

Surely I can''t be the only one on here that thinks this is a wind up!  By the way, I''ve supported the club for 45 years and I''m seriously thinking of chucking in my season ticket now - so enough of the ''ageist'' remarks in some of the posts please!!

[:@]

I would not call it an excellent decision, but a sensible one

Yes Gunn''s record over the last 19 games needed to be better,but for many reasons the team failed. I would not be critical of his team selection and in the main his tactics and substitutions. The team ( contract and loanees ) did not deliver. The main monies available were spent in advance, and he had to try to motivate what he had to deal with what was always going to be a difficult run in. I don''t think we got fairness from the referees and the argument that it evens itself out will have to wait for next year

As a City supporter , and football supporter, for the last 50 years I take exception to the ageism comments that perhaps we don''t understand modern football.

My main concern has been the number of management payoffs that have been made to Worthington, Grant and Roeder and all their hangers on ( sorry I mean coaching staff and assistants)

When you look at City''s resources we need to spend all our monies on playing staff not constantly swopping and changing the management, with huge pay packets

My general view on the managers available is that most have no proven track record and are a set of chancers.

It''s a gamble whether they can deliver without a large transfer pot - just look at the rubbish Roeder and Grant imported

We are now relegated and we do not need another set of fresh faces - the board is sorting itself out and I think there will be more changes.

Staying with Gunn is the sensible route - use whatever money is available to sign new Norwich players.

I know many fans want a root and branch clear out - but the decision has been made .Lets start getting behind Gunn and his team and help them get back into the Championship

I hope that they realise that they will have a new and perhaps novice squad that will need to be gelled together to produce results

I hope we see an early end to the summer hols, starting training early, afternoons at Colney working on freekicks, corners , organisation and tactics. Gunn can start doing one thing different - make sure that the team operates as a unit and can deliver the basics, time and time again. Crosses, frrekicks, corners and basic goal finishing. If only....

Needed to be better, you’re a one for understatement aren’t you?  Unless I am much mistaken I walked out of the Valley last week having just watched our team hit a fifty year low, I’ll give you needed to be better.

Nonsense,At a relegated Charlton, our esteemed manager motivated our players so well that we went 1-3 down. The lot of them had no idea what the score at Plymouth was at the time. Useless, spineless and a waste of time in my opinion. Sod the "blame it on the loan system" thing the board spout - we failed, Gunn failed and now he has been rewarded for that failure with a 12 month extension. What if we go down to league 2, will reward him with a 24 month contract? Frankly, this has made me want to ditch my ticket next year, just a shame I already started paying.

[quote user="southstand"]I would not call it an excellent decision, but a sensible one Yes Gunn''s record over the last 19 games needed to be better,but for many reasons the team failed. I would not be critical of his team selection and in the main his tactics and substitutions. The team ( contract and loanees ) did not deliver. The main monies available were spent in advance, and he had to try to motivate what he had to deal with what was always going to be a difficult run in. I don''t think we got fairness from the referees and the argument that it evens itself out will have to wait for next year As a City supporter , and football supporter, for the last 50 years I take exception to the ageism comments that perhaps we don''t understand modern football. My main concern has been the number of management payoffs that have been made to Worthington, Grant and Roeder and all their hangers on ( sorry I mean coaching staff and assistants) When you look at City''s resources we need to spend all our monies on playing staff not constantly swopping and changing the management, with huge pay packets My general view on the managers available is that most have no proven track record and are a set of chancers. It''s a gamble whether they can deliver without a large transfer pot - just look at the rubbish Roeder and Grant imported We are now relegated and we do not need another set of fresh faces - the board is sorting itself out and I think there will be more changes. Staying with Gunn is the sensible route - use whatever money is available to sign new Norwich players. I know many fans want a root and branch clear out - but the decision has been made .Lets start getting behind Gunn and his team and help them get back into the Championship I hope that they realise that they will have a new and perhaps novice squad that will need to be gelled together to produce results I hope we see an early end to the summer hols, starting training early, afternoons at Colney working on freekicks, corners , organisation and tactics. Gunn can start doing one thing different - make sure that the team operates as a unit and can deliver the basics, time and time again. Crosses, frrekicks, corners and basic goal finishing. If only....[/quote]

Best post of the day.

Congratulations.

[quote user="Hucks 96"]Its good to see that the Board (what''s left on them!) have ignored those blood letting morons and appointed Bryan Gunn and his team. Congratulations Gunny I''v e been watching City for 40 years and I feel sure you are the best man for the job. I am looking forward to next season already. With your own team at least we can be assured each man will give 100% for the club. [/quote]You claerly havent seen Gunn in action as manager!!! dark clouds over carrow road!

[quote user="cockers85"]everyone on posting on here except the original are berks, get over it[/quote]

This one happens to have watched each and every one of Gunn’s games in charge and is delighted to announce you haven’t got a f-----g clue what you’re talking about pal

It was Roder that sent us down, Gunn was just trying to make the best of a bad situation, granted he may have not done the best but i think the season was over way before Gunn was our manager. (Hoolahan getting injured didnt help!)

Also i am glad that we now have a permant manager now instead of wasting more time, at least now the  rebuild can begin.

[quote user="southstand"]I would not call it an excellent decision, but a sensible one

Yes Gunn''s record over the last 19 games needed to be better,but for many reasons the team failed. I would not be critical of his team selection and in the main his tactics and substitutions. The team ( contract and loanees ) did not deliver. The main monies available were spent in advance, and he had to try to motivate what he had to deal with what was always going to be a difficult run in. I don''t think we got fairness from the referees and the argument that it evens itself out will have to wait for next year

As a City supporter , and football supporter, for the last 50 years I take exception to the ageism comments that perhaps we don''t understand modern football.

My main concern has been the number of management payoffs that have been made to Worthington, Grant and Roeder and all their hangers on ( sorry I mean coaching staff and assistants)

When you look at City''s resources we need to spend all our monies on playing staff not constantly swopping and changing the management, with huge pay packets

My general view on the managers available is that most have no proven track record and are a set of chancers.

It''s a gamble whether they can deliver without a large transfer pot - just look at the rubbish Roeder and Grant imported

We are now relegated and we do not need another set of fresh faces - the board is sorting itself out and I think there will be more changes.

Staying with Gunn is the sensible route - use whatever money is available to sign new Norwich players.

I know many fans want a root and branch clear out - but the decision has been made .Lets start getting behind Gunn and his team and help them get back into the Championship

I hope that they realise that they will have a new and perhaps novice squad that will need to be gelled together to produce results

I hope we see an early end to the summer hols, starting training early, afternoons at Colney working on freekicks, corners , organisation and tactics. Gunn can start doing one thing different - make sure that the team operates as a unit and can deliver the basics, time and time again. Crosses, frrekicks, corners and basic goal finishing. If only....[/quote]Sorry, but I normally try to be quite articulate on this board....but what a load of cobblers.Sure we''re skint, but how is it sensible to employ a proven failure?  How is is sensible to save money and spend it on players, when we''ve got a manager who can''t get them to play properly?Gunn and the others had 19 games to prove that he could doing things different and make the team operate as a unit.  The last 6 games proven he couldn''t do that.  When he took control, we weren''t in the end of season run in.  That only became important because he had failed to make any impact before that.Oh, and yes we do need fresh faces, because we don''t own any of our own!

Someone should get a bunch of these Gunn loving quotes so those who are against the decision can laugh at them when it all goes tits up.[IMG]http://aprillanedesigns.com/sitebuilder/images/brown_square-274x271.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://www.biojobblog.com/Nose(3).jpg[/IMG]

[/quote]

Just a question did you go away to Blackpool?, that was the time when I realised Gunn wasn''t up to the job at 2-0 he couldn''t make any impression and looked completley wooden on the touchline making ineffectual substitutions that only succeeded in losing any shape of the team.

We don''t want someone learning on the job, this season is going to be hard enough without gambling on a novice to get us back up.

Why does the 40 years of watching City matter for him being the best man for the job- Reasons?

Having 11 players giving 100% is all well and good providing the players have the necessary instructions beforehand otherwise they turn into a team of headless chickens.

Also ask yourself why 2 board members resigned yesterday and the manager is appointed today.