Sign in to follow this  
greenbird

david marshall

Looks like we have let Marshall go for a loss, supposedly £400.000 from Cardiff, thats brilliant, good bit of business for NCFC!!!!

£400,000 if true is a good bit of business.  We needed to get him off the wage bill quickly and after the season he has had I''m amazed a club with any ambition has paid that much for him. They clearly haven''t watched many of his games.

The only bad business was paying close to a million for him in the first place if this was indeed what we paid.

Imagine for a minute you are the Cardiff board.  How much would you pay for a keeper that was pivotal in getting a team relegated, at a club you knew was in deep financial trouble?[quote user="greenbird"]Looks like we have let Marshall go for a loss, supposedly £400.000 from Cardiff, thats brilliant, good bit of business for NCFC!!!![/quote]

Surprised anyone wanted a keeper that can''t kick, talk or have any command of his area!

It doesnt seem like good business at first, but he''s in the last year of his contract, and i''d rather £400,000 now than have him leave on a free next summer. I agree we spent to much money on him in the first place though.