Sign in to follow this  
TheCardinal

So, I've asked it before. I'll ask it again.

How''re you feeling right now?For me, it''s one step forward and three steps back. I don''t feel Gunny is the man for the job in the slightest. But he''s the man with the job, and I guess I''ll give him the benefit of the doubt and get behind him. God knows if we don''t it could be a catastrophe.

Most important season and pre-season team-building in 50 years.  And we have appointed a total rookie for the job.Thats how I feel.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]How''re you feeling right now?For me, it''s one step forward and three steps back. I don''t feel Gunny is the man for the job in the slightest. But he''s the man with the job, and I guess I''ll give him the benefit of the doubt and get behind him. God knows if we don''t it could be a catastrophe. [/quote]

Today has been worse than relegation , they got our hopes up last night then stamped them down again today with this ridiculous appointment . Gunn is talking about consolidating in League 1 , we are certainties to be fighting the drop again next season because he is worse than clueless.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]How''re you feeling right now?For me, it''s one step forward and three steps back. I don''t feel Gunny is the man for the job in the slightest. But he''s the man with the job, and I guess I''ll give him the benefit of the doubt and get behind him. God knows if we don''t it could be a catastrophe. [/quote]Quite hungry, bit tired but a nice plate of tea and a cup of tea and I''ll be fine again.Thanks for asking.How are you?

Loan City Fc wrote the following post at 13/05/2009 7:16 PM:

Today has been worse than relegation , they got our hopes up last night then stamped them down again today with this ridiculous appointment . Gunn is talking about consolidating in League 1 , we are certainties to be fighting the drop again next season because he is worse than clueless.

My thoughts entirely in fact I think I will take my season ticket rebate and bet on relegation should provide a few bob.

I feel worried to be honest. Appointing a rookie manager on a shoestring budget will end in disaster. We needed a wheeler dealer who knows the lower leagues and has managed in the lower leagues. Not somebody who has watched a few League One games at the start of the season. The board have shown they haven''t learned from their mistakes and appointed another rookie manager.  Thats the most worrying thing from today.Mistakes will continue to be repeated and lessons will not be learned. The board are old, stubborn and completely out of touch with modern football. Their belief that passion, desire and commitment are prerequisites to managing a football team are wrong. They have failed to understand that football is a game where tactics, team selection and player recruitment are the single most important attributes of any good manager.

I feel a sense of finality.  

It seems to me that the club has reached the point of no return on a path that leads right out of the league and possibly out of football altogether.  The Championship is already a distant dream, and when (not if) it is reorganised into a two tier Premiership it will spell the end of full time professional football at Carrow Road.

To reach this point the club has made a series of deliberate choices, and I too have a deliberate choice to make: continue to follow on a road which I can see is leading to destruction, or walk away.  I wonder if refugees feel like this - torn between loyalty to a hopeless situation that they have no power to change and escape to a new and unknown future.

I think I''ll sleep on it . . .

[quote user="Canadian Canary"]I have to cheer myself up now by looking at Southampton news http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1783_5320942,00.html [/quote]that''s hilarious! i don''t really know what to think to be honest. i can see why people are p!ssed off with the appointment of gunn (lack of trying anything a must-win game required against reading except for subbing a defender for a defender in the 70th min?!?) and probably the worst half an hour of football ever played by a norwich team at charlton.... wait, i forgot where i was going with this point

I feel worried to be honest. Appointing a rookie manager on a shoestring budget will end in disaster. We needed a wheeler dealer who knows the lower leagues and has managed in the lower leagues. Not somebody who has watched a few League One games at the start of the season.

The board have shown they haven''t learned from their mistakes and appointed another rookie manager.  Thats the most worrying thing from today.

Mistakes will continue to be repeated and lessons will not be learned. The board are old, stubborn and completely out of touch with modern football. Their belief that passion, desire and commitment are prerequisites to managing a football team are wrong. They have failed to understand that football is a game where tactics, team selection and player recruitment are the single most important attributes of any good manager.

Totally agree! It is going to be a long season I feel. As much as I want to give him a chance again I cannot see it working!