Sign in to follow this  
matt crowhurst

GUNN DESERVES OUR SUPPORT FOR THE GOOD OR OUR CLUB

I''m expecting to get shot down for this and accused of all sorts which it seems is what happens when people disagree with others on this board but......................After spending the last hour or so reading the posts on here i cant believe that so many people on here are being so defeatist. Ok Gunn and crew may not have been your first choice, and for some probably not even in your top 5, but he IS the manager now and he deserves, and needs, all of our support. There is nothing we can do it about it, and by all means attack Delia or whoever but Gunny is the man put in charge of our team and now we should all give him our full backing as that is the only way he will succeed, which I''m guessing is what the majority of people on here want, a successful club again. As i have posted an a couple of other threads tonight Gunny never stood a chance last season, you just

need to look at what Roeder left him with, and i know some will say he was head of player recruitment but Roeder had the final say dont forget and then look at who gunny

brought in which i think has impressed most people: Lee, Cody, Gow,

Mooney, Shacks, and who he has got rid off or left out all together: Fozzy, Cureton, Eagle, Marshall, Pattisson (who after watching him in the reserves after Roeder left never deserves to get near the first team again), which the majority of people on here praised him for at the time. If he can carry on like this then we might not

have a bad team next season. The other plus with Gunny and crew is that

they know the youth team, who we are going to have to rely on for at

least half the team i would have thought, and who out of them can cut

it and who cant, which a new manager would have no idea about, so i for

one am extremely happy with todays news and look forward to next season

with more optimism than i would if someone like Ince is in chargeOTBC

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]I''m expecting to get shot down for this and accused of all sorts which it seems is what happens when people disagree with others on this board but......................After spending the last hour or so reading the posts on here i cant believe that so many people on here are being so defeatist. Ok Gunn and crew may not have been your first choice, and for some probably not even in your top 5, but he IS the manager now and he deserves, and needs, all of our support. There is nothing we can do it about it, and by all means attack Delia or whoever but Gunny is the man put in charge of our team and now we should all give him our full backing as that is the only way he will succeed, which I''m guessing is what the majority of people on here want, a successful club again. As i have posted an a couple of other threads tonight Gunny never stood a chance last season, you just

need to look at what Roeder left him with, and i know some will say he was head of player recruitment but Roeder had the final say dont forget and then look at who gunny

brought in which i think has impressed most people: Lee, Cody, Gow,

Mooney, Shacks, and who he has got rid off or left out all together: Fozzy, Cureton, Eagle, Marshall, Pattisson (who after watching him in the reserves after Roeder left never deserves to get near the first team again), which the majority of people on here praised him for at the time. If he can carry on like this then we might not

have a bad team next season. The other plus with Gunny and crew is that

they know the youth team, who we are going to have to rely on for at

least half the team i would have thought, and who out of them can cut

it and who cant, which a new manager would have no idea about, so i for

one am extremely happy with todays news and look forward to next season

with more optimism than i would if someone like Ince is in chargeOTBC

[/quote]I think you will find people will back him, its what we do as norwich fans, but i will not back a board  who are running our club like a back street taxi firm! Im not over happy about him getting the job, it just doesnt add up, but for Norwich''s sake i hope he turs it on!

I agree. The management team can only be judged after a season in charge with there own team. Things are difficult enough without moans and groans even before we have kicked a ball in the new season. The best managerial appointments have come from within over the years and at least we have someone who cares and who is a top human being, that must count for a lot.

I think its been plain to see over the last 10 years or so that its only ''our club'' as and when they need us.  The rest of the time its ''their club'' whether you agree or not.Historically our best managerial appointments have come from ''outside'' the club.  Saunders and Bond were ''outside'' appointments with Brown coming as Bond''s assistant, and all three managed to get us to Wembley, something Stringer, Walker, Deehan, Megson and the rest never managed.

[quote user="Fluff"]I think its been plain to see over the last 10 years or so that its only ''our club'' as and when they need us.  The rest of the time its ''their club'' whether you agree or not.Historically our best managerial appointments have come from ''outside'' the club.  Saunders and Bond were ''outside'' appointments with Brown coming as Bond''s assistant, and all three managed to get us to Wembley, something Stringer, Walker, Deehan, Megson and the rest never managed.[/quote]No - Brown, and Stringer and Walker in particular, had good records - better than Saunders and Bond. Oh and Brown and Walker''s record got worse as they became more experienced!

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]I agree. The management team can only be judged after a season in charge with there own team. Things are difficult enough without moans and groans even before we have kicked a ball in the new season. The best managerial appointments have come from within over the years and at least we have someone who cares and who is a top human being, that must count for a lot.[/quote]

I''m tired and I don''t want to wait another year just to see if they can make it work.