Sign in to follow this  
cambscanary

Do keepers make good managers???

I know its kind of irrelevant because everybody has their own attributes but who can tell me of any successful managers who used to be keepers?? Just wondered thats all.

I''m still  undecided about Gunn as a manager having heard a few concerning things he chose to do last season but the decision is made and i for one will give him support.....................................at least until christmas anyway!!!

[quote user="cambscanary"]

I know its kind of irrelevant because everybody has their own attributes but who can tell me of any successful managers who used to be keepers?? Just wondered thats all.

I''m still  undecided about Gunn as a manager having heard a few concerning things he chose to do last season but the decision is made and i for one will give him support.....................................at least until christmas anyway!!!

[/quote]19 games... 5 wins... relegation!

Mike Walker was a good manager for us................apart from that I can''t name many.........Ray Clemence is a coach er.....now I''m struggling!

[quote user="cambscanary"]

[/quote]Hmm, what''s his name again? Mike something?

The last goalkeeper we appointed manager was Mike Walker.

Before he became manager, he was working with the reserve team and had a good knowledge of the youth/reserve squad. As manager, he only took us to 3rd in the prem and got us into Europe so you decide if this goalkeeper was a successful manager.

Scots tend to make good managers though. Lets hope Gunn can follow the trend.