Sign in to follow this  
NCFC_Edward

Cody Mcdonald.

Ive got nothing against the lad,

and many people believe next season he will become one of our better players.

If he does i think it will highlight how far this club has fallen in the last few years.

The likes ok Bellamy, Roberts, Green, Ashton, Helveg, Huckerby, Dublin, Earnshaw...

then Cody Mcdonald,

i dont no if anyone feels the same, but thats how i feel.

???

I don''t get it?

He''s obviously not going to be an Earnshaw or Ashton over night but who says he can''t be a top goal scorer for the club next season?

Think you should give people a chance before you decide what category you put them in.

Personally his raw ability excites me for a league one striker, I think he will leave a lot of defenders for dead in this league

He didnt even look like he could control a football against Reading , the new Norwich City hero a bloody scaffolder .My god this club is utterly fucked .

And in fairness you could say that Iwan had never been that convincing before we signed him.I mean Peters is a fans favourite even though the rest of the country thought he was past his best when we signed him.I am not sure what it proves other than perhaps we should have looked to players like that before now. Just because you have money does not mean you still shouldnt look for players that could turn out to be the next Kevin Philips, Ian Wright etc.If you mean what does it say about the other players we have I would agree with you - how can a scaffolder who cost the club £25k be better than a seasoned pro who cost more than 20 times that? That''s a question you should ask of the players and the people that signed them.

Who is hailing him a hero???

Did you see the game? pretty sure I saw him skin two defenders and was through on goal before he was taken down?!

To be fair nobody played well that game so I don''t think you can have a pop at him for that.

Also yeah 6 months ago he was a scaffolder?! give him pre season to get his levels up I think he''ll do well.

Watch this space.

Cody McDonald could well become a real good player he will possibly play with martin up front which i think would make a good strike force for league 1. If he performs then does it matter who he is and his previous clubs. I mean look at all the hipe of David Strihavka and how good people made him out to be, we paid a lot for him compared to McDonald and if McDonald can do better then he will be a really good player for the money we paid

[quote user="NCFC Edward"]

Ive got nothing against the lad,

and many people believe next season he will become one of our better players.

If he does i think it will highlight how far this club has fallen in the last few years.

The likes ok Bellamy, Roberts, Green, Ashton, Helveg, Huckerby, Dublin, Earnshaw...

then Cody Mcdonald,

i dont no if anyone feels the same, but thats how i feel.

[/quote]lol @ helveg! i was so happy when i heard the news we were signing - turned out to be a bit of an anticlimax to say the least! way past his prime when playing for us, i remember tim cahill absolutlely skinning him before setting up a goal. spose it didn''t help when worthy played him centre mid

Remember Ian Wright? well he was a hod carrier on a building site. did''nt stop him scoring loads of goals for Arsenal or England. Give the Lad a chance

[quote user="Gunns NO Legend"]He didnt even look like he could control a football against Reading , the new Norwich City hero a bloody scaffolder .My god this club is utterly fucked .
[/quote]

Well he is an ex scaffolder that gave could run round Ivan Campo, who is a former champions league winner. Give him some time and stop being so negative. Not going to get anywhere with negative fans like yourself.

No one''s saying he''s going to be the next big thing, but from what i''ve seen so far he''s a positive player and will be well worth a place in our squad. Decent players have come from non-league in the past, Lee Marshall never looked to bad and he came from Enfield. Give me players comming up from the lower league desperate to improve and show they can be professional footballers over players on the way down from the league above, thinking they are doing us a favour by gracing us with their presence.

[quote user="kev g"]Remember Ian Wright? well he was a hod carrier on a building site. did''nt stop him scoring loads of goals for Arsenal or England. Give the Lad a chance[/quote]

And Kevin Phillips