Sign in to follow this  
Pi$$ed As A Mattress

Question for you all

Before I start I want to make it quite clear that although I like Bryan Gunn, I do not believe he is right at this time.

Right, thats that...Now...

Why is it that the guy is getting a hard time for "getting us relegated" and for his "appalling record" over those 19 games when there are some quite clear facts to take into consideration.

1. Bryan Gunn inherited a "team" built by Glenn Roeder, a team that was not performing and a team that didnt look like they cared a less.

2. Bryan Gunn was not given any money to go out and improve the "team", Instead he was allowed to find a couple of cheap loans to get him by.

3. Glenn Roeder scrapped the reserves in favour of friendlies against the likes of Wroxham etc. The players coming into the team had no chance whatsoever of being match fit.

4. Glenn Roeder sacked virtually everyone at Colney on his arrival, made the atmosphere around the place unbearable...Gunn had to pick up the pieces in a short time.

5. You dont see Bryan Gunn up in the directors box, sitting on Delias knee. He is on the touchline from minutes 1 to 90.

There are many many more things which Roeder caused and I really feel that Gunn is bearing the brunt and being used as a fall guy. I am not overly sure that this is fair on the guy.

Because sense - before his own personal pride and honour - should have told him that he is not that man for the job! That he does not have the experience, and now is not the time for him to cut his teeth in football management at the club he allegedly loves!

this is one of the first posts that i have read today that i actually

agree with!!!!!!!!! Gunny never stood a chance last season, you just

need to look at what roeder left him with, and then look at who gunny

brought in which i think has impressed most people: Lee, Cody, Gow,

Mooney, Shacks. if he can carry on like this then we might not

have a bad team next season. the other plus with gunny and crew is that

they know the youth team, who we are going to have to rely on for at

least half the team i would have thought, and who out of them can cut

it and who cant which a new manager would have no idea about so i for

one am extremely happy with todays news and look forward to next season

with more optimism than i would if someone like Ince is in chargeOTBC

As this thread is not calling people names or yelling for someone to be sack , shot or some other more lurid fate to befall them I doubt it will survive very long.  I have to say that was as good an opening to a thread as I have seen for sometime. it was balanced, fair and well worded.  In would like to ask the boys and girls on this web site , do you think that all the top Managers were born as an experienced footballing Manager or (Like Gunn) learn  as they worked their way through a playing career watching and listening as they want along?

[quote user="CT "]So because Gunn MIGHT be better than G.R and you consider that a good reason to appoint him?G.R was hardly manager of the year![/quote]I don''t think that is the point he was making. He was suggesting that the 19 games in the second half of a season when you don''t have your own team is not really the fairest way to judge.

[quote user="Forces2Canaries"]Because sense - before his own personal pride and honour - should have told him that he is not that man for the job! That he does not have the experience, and now is not the time for him to cut his teeth in football management at the club he allegedly loves![/quote]

Just out of interest, have you ever considered that the man truly believes in himself? An admirable quality a few of us maybe wish they had i imagine. Just because you and other don''t believe in him doesn''t mean he can''t believe in himself and to be honest, fair play to him on that. I have a lot of time for people with good mental strength and i think what we all can''t deny is that Bryan has that in abundance!

If you remember Gunny took over for the rest of the season to save us from Div 3 but unfortunate he didn''t.

There has to be changes at the club from top to bottom. I''m sorry to say this but Gunny should have walked away from the managers job when we went down but It really looks like the board got him to stay because they could not afford to get anyone else. I hope he''s the next Ferguson but I''m not putting money on it. Until there''s change at the very top we will always have the "little Norwich" mentality that got us here in the first place. For Gunny''s sake I didn''t want to hear next season "You don''t know what your doing"

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST