Sign in to follow this  
Shucks

Good Vibes and Long Term Success

I''m ecstatic with the appointment. Long term success can only be achieved with folk passionate for the club. Calls for ''experience'' and for ''measures of success'' in dreary irrelevant clubs elsewhere are decidedly wide of the mark. It is belonging that matters most and only the fans can ruin this moment of magic. Self-destructiveness is rarely rational!

Oh here we go again its the fans fault if it goes wrong! Those pesky fans calling for experience and previous success in a manager how dare they even consider it for the club!If it goes wrong it will be Gunn and the boards fault, not the fans.

[quote user="Shucks"]I''m ecstatic with the appointment. Long term success can only be achieved with folk passionate for the club. Calls for ''experience'' and for ''measures of success'' in dreary irrelevant clubs elsewhere are decidedly wide of the mark. It is belonging that matters most and only the fans can ruin this moment of magic. Self-destructiveness is rarely rational!
[/quote]

Weel said that man/woman

[quote user="Shucks"]I''m ecstatic with the appointment. Long term success can only be achieved with folk passionate for the club. Calls for ''experience'' and for ''measures of success'' in dreary irrelevant clubs elsewhere are decidedly wide of the mark. It is belonging that matters most and only the fans can ruin this moment of magic. Self-destructiveness is rarely rational![/quote]

WELL SAID!

[quote user="Lupo Loop"]Oh here we go again its the fans fault if it goes wrong! [/quote]To be fair most don''t know what they do! Pessimism is a terror, but open assault on our passionate allies is akin to myopia

[quote user="Shucks"]I''m ecstatic with the appointment. Long term success can only be achieved with folk passionate for the club. Calls for ''experience'' and for ''measures of success'' in dreary irrelevant clubs elsewhere are decidedly wide of the mark. It is belonging that matters most and only the fans can ruin this moment of magic. Self-destructiveness is rarely rational!
[/quote]

I think I can spot a pisstake [;)]

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

I think I can spot a pisstake [;)]

[/quote]

where''s the bucket?

Makes you wonder if any of our supporters actually have a clue about football , this really has got to be our worst appointment for years.

[quote user="Shucks"]I''m ecstatic with the appointment. Long term success can only be achieved with folk passionate for the club. Calls for ''experience'' and for ''measures of success'' in dreary irrelevant clubs elsewhere are decidedly wide of the mark. It is belonging that matters most and only the fans can ruin this moment of magic. Self-destructiveness is rarely rational![/quote]By this reasoning, if we fill the club (both playing and non-playing staff) with our most passionate fans, we''re guaranteed success.I''m going to go out on a limb here, but I reckon the best managers also have some talent as well and are not necessarily passionate about the club they are serving (although I would admit that it''s ''nice'' if they are).

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"][quote user="Shucks"]I''m ecstatic with the appointment. Long term success can only be achieved with folk passionate for the club. Calls for ''experience'' and for ''measures of success'' in dreary irrelevant clubs elsewhere are decidedly wide of the mark. It is belonging that matters most and only the fans can ruin this moment of magic. Self-destructiveness is rarely rational!
[/quote]

By this reasoning, if we fill the club (both playing and non-playing staff) with our most passionate fans, we''re guaranteed success.

I''m going to go out on a limb here, but I reckon the best managers also have some talent as well and are not necessarily passionate about the club they are serving (although I would admit that it''s ''nice'' if they are).
[/quote]

Exactly, and a point very well made.

Passion at management level won''t neccessarily bring success.

In fact it''s probably best that the passion is displayed on the pitch with a tactically apt staff with a clear head, rather than a non passionate playing staff being shouted down by a far too passionate and outspoken management staff (Peter Grant).