Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

New articles and my thoughts on Gunn.....

Grettings everyone,

I thought I would let you all know that I have uploaded two new articles in the last few days.

Therefore, I will also offer some thoughts on Gunn, which will disagree with most people here. Basically I am in support of Gunn.

I think he was dealt a bad hand last season with a load of players who didn''t care. The club was in a real mess and relegation was always likely.

I agree our record over 19 games wasn''t good, but a manager needs to be able to bring players in to change things.

I don''t feel things were every going change much in three months. I believe Gunn will put a very good squad together full of young hungry players and doing things his way we will be in the top six.

I for one will judge Gunn over 46 games next season. There are very few managers who haven''t had a bad spell at one time or another. All I ask is you at least give him the opportunity to show he can do the job next season.

[quote user="sig"]But surely Jim, a manager needs to have managed before he gets a job at a club this size?[/quote]

We are a league 1 side, just the sort of club where managers learn their trade.

I also think that Gunn has a good knowledge of the talent out there, look at the players he brought in in such a short space of time

Cody, Lee, Mooney, all good players at a time when there is nothing around, did he get Shackell back??

I think Gunn will put a good strong team together and I think he is a good man manager

Good Luck Gunny!!

[quote user="jbghost"]

[quote user="sig"]But surely Jim, a manager needs to have managed before he gets a job at a club this size?[/quote]

We are a league 1 side, just the sort of club where managers learn their trade.

[/quote]

Not from scratch and not when they''ve had no desire to manage before surely?

Sig,

Remember Alan Shearer can get the Newcastle job without previous experience.

Personally I think experience is overrated.

I hope he does well, as I did Roeder, as I did Grant.To out and out hate someone from the outset is bizarre.Part of the problem at this club is that some fans wouldn''t be happy unless Capello was manager, Bill Gates bought the club as a plaything and season tickets were on sale for a quid.By the way, I am still grateful to Delia too.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Sig, Remember Alan Shearer can get the Newcastle job without previous experience. Personally I think experience is overrated.[/quote]

I rest my case Jim.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Sig,

Remember Alan Shearer can get the Newcastle job without previous experience.

Personally I think experience is overrated.[/quote]Jim, I tend to agree.  It''s ability I''m worried about.