Sign in to follow this  
Jonnyboy

Consortium to takeover??

Heard that Delia has been pulling together a consortium of local businesses to buy her out in the next few weeks

Around 10 - 12 of them all putting several million each and then bringing in a football head and there own appointed Chairman.

I''m not that clued up about how takeovers / shares work but is this possible? came from a pretty reliable source (I think)

Would the consortium have to buy the club out 100% or just Delia''s shares??

I think she just wants the money back she has put in - trouble is her shares are pretty much worthless now so we are stuck with her...

From what I hear she wants a nominal amount and the catering business? what exactly is that worth and what does it consist of???

i was down the club today from 4pm til 6.30 (carrow park playing footy)and i saw huckerbyturn  up at the ground ...and when i went to morrisons after (refreshment,) , his car was still at the club. maybe he is involved?

If thats the case why did she want Mr Clueless appointed manager today .

All very plausible and fingers firmly in the crossed position but here lies my greatest disappointment with the whole Gunn thing, surely to God anybody coming into the club and taking over the Smith & Jones shareholding would want their own man running the football side of things?

Maybe they are nearer to a deal then anyone knows? I don''t know just passing on what I heard.

Hucks has stated how much love he has for the club, and in gunn''s interview on Sky tonight he was a bit shy about talking of Hucks, saying he wanted to be more involved with Norwich.

Maybe he is leading the consortium?? put himself in charge of youth development?

Can anyone else remember what Gunny said on Sky??

I''m sure he commented on why Hucks was hanging around?

There has been nothing said or done over the last few weeks that makes be believe that Delia is close to selling up, I truely believe she will be here for awhile yet and she knows it too. We will probably get a little bit of investment from somewhere but nothing to shout about. Don''t waste your time getting over excited about the prospect of Delia packing her bags any time soon.

I hope it''s more than that, the guy who told me about this definitely hangs around the same circles as her and has no reason to tell me a lie, he just knew I was a canary supporter and thought I would like to hear what he had heard.

to be honest it sounded quite plausable at the time as there is definitely no chance of one person coming in for us.

Gunn could have been appointed because it may take a while to get the consortium take over sorted out. We dont have the time to wait - we need to start building now, going in for freebies etc whilst they are there.

Exactly!

Watch this space, it''s going to happen pretty soon I reckon.

I''ll quiz him again tomorrow and see if he can find out any more

i.e. which businesses and who is driving it.

Maybe Bernard himself is turning to football... add in a bit of colmans and Aviva...