Sign in to follow this  
Keith  Roads

Gunn is a very popular choice

I can''t attend NCISA''s meeting - but in a way I''m pleased Gunn''s been apointed for NCISA''s sake.  The fact I believe Gunn is very popular with Norwich fans and the Norfolk public.  The message board is not representative of Norwich fans in general.  NCISA may want the fans to air their views - but I do geniunely feel that meeting wouldn''t have been a true reflection of opinion.  For the record - these are my thoughts.

1. How could Gunn be appointed without a chairman?

2. I have serious doubts about Gunn - but I so want him to do well. Sorry, but I would have appointed him marginal, but yes

3. Gunn is bursting to do well, I geniunely believe that - he has the same hunger as me, for that reason I will back him 110%. 

4 Roeder was poison for the club - gunn is the total opposite.

5. The large majority of fans will be worried - but will wish him well.

6.  It was marginal because we got relegated - but I feel he will have faith in the academy players that is refreshing compared to Worthy, Grant or Roeder.

BTW I think the majority of fans are happy to see Doncaster go, he was a puffed up London solictor, he was not one of us.  Delia too remains popular, mainly because of who she is.  I am no fan of Delia at all - but feel I am still in a small majority.  Is it NCISA''s job to reflect overall opinion, or just its members, ot sure to be honest.

Yes hes massively popular even Radio Norfolk admitted it was about a 50/50 split for and against , he will be gone by xmas and we wont have to put up with him leeching on the club anymore after that.

[quote user="Keith Roads"]

I can''t attend NCISA''s meeting - but in a way I''m pleased Gunn''s been apointed for NCISA''s sake.  The fact I believe Gunn is very popular with Norwich fans and the Norfolk public.  The message board is not representative of Norwich fans in general.  [/quote]

PEOPLE MAY LIKE GUNN AS A PERSON BUT THE VARIOUS POLLS SHOW THAT THE MAJORITY OF THOSE RESPONDING DO NOT WANT GUNN AS A MAnager.  Can NCFC take the risk with another trainee manager ?

2. I have serious doubts about Gunn - but I so want him to do well.

[/quote]That''s how I felt in January before the Barnsley game.Now I have extreme doubts about Gunn, and I don''t believe he''ll do well at all.

[quote user="Gunn the Leech"]Yes hes massively popular even Radio Norfolk admitted it was about a 50/50 split for and against , he will be gone by xmas and we wont have to put up with him leeching on the club anymore after that.[/quote]Jesus christ.''Won''t have to put up with him leeching on the club''he''s still a legend, you thick twat.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Gunn the Leech"]Yes hes massively popular even Radio Norfolk admitted it was about a 50/50 split for and against , he will be gone by xmas and we wont have to put up with him leeching on the club anymore after that.[/quote]Jesus christ.''Won''t have to put up with him leeching on the club''he''s still a legend, you thick twat.[/quote]HE,S STILL A LEGEND!!!! not for much longer if results go a bit wrong...the crown will turn...i like Gunny as a person ncfc former player but a manager he is not...i hope he proves me wrong because if not we will be struggling near the bottom

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Gunn the Leech"]Yes hes massively popular even Radio Norfolk admitted it was about a 50/50 split for and against , he will be gone by xmas and we wont have to put up with him leeching on the club anymore after that.[/quote]Jesus christ.''Won''t have to put up with him leeching on the club''he''s still a legend, you thick twat.[/quote] I think you will find hes more a legend with Ipswich supporters now than he ever was with Norwich .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Gunn the Leech"]Yes hes massively popular even Radio Norfolk admitted it was about a 50/50 split for and against , he will be gone by xmas and we wont have to put up with him leeching on the club anymore after that.[/quote]Jesus christ.''Won''t have to put up with him leeching on the club''he''s still a legend, you thick twat.[/quote] I think you will find hes more a legend with Ipswich supporters now than he ever was with Norwich .[/quote]Oh, ''Loan City Fc'', taking stuff to extremes on the forums again tonight.Instead of venting your frustration at Gunn (who applied for a Job of which many of us in his position would also have probably done), why not at the board. They could simply have said, ''no, we need someone with experience, sorry''. But they didn''t.Instead you sit there at your keyboard insulting Bryan Gunn, who whether you like it or not is still a legend in most norwich fans eyes.

Hurrah - a post that doesn''t resort to point-scoring or personal abuse...[quote user="Keith Roads"]

I can''t attend NCISA''s meeting - but in a way I''m pleased Gunn''s been apointed for NCISA''s sake.  The fact I believe Gunn is very popular with Norwich fans and the Norfolk public.  The message board is not representative of Norwich fans in general.  NCISA may want the fans to air their views - but I do geniunely feel that meeting wouldn''t have been a true reflection of opinion.  For the record - these are my thoughts.[/quote]

Trouble is though, there is no way of proving that. You might be right, but you could easily be wrong, too. But nevertheless we are all Norwich fans and our views count as much as anyone else''s.

[quote]1. How could Gunn be appointed without a chairman?[/quote]

Er, dunno. There''s still a board, and still directors. I suppose you don''t need a chairman to appoint a manager. I''m sure there''s an ''acting'' chairman there somewhere.

[quote]2. I have serious doubts about Gunn - but I so want him to do well. Sorry, but I would have appointed him marginal, but yes[/quote]

I think we''d all love him to do well - but if you have serious doubts about someone you shouldn''t appoint them, no matter how nice and how genuine they are. It''s the ability to do the job and you are quite justified in having doubts. I had serious doubts from day one and I am certain he should not be anywhere near the job now. In any other line of work he wouldn''t be.

[quote]3. Gunn is bursting to do well, I geniunely believe that - he has the same hunger as me, for that reason I will back him 110%. [/quote]

Yes, but it''s not enough is it? If this is how we are going to judge it then you may as well appoint me as manager. Having hunger is good - but tactical nous and good man-management skills are essential and if you don''t have them...

[quote]4 Roeder was poison for the club - gunn is the total opposite.[/quote]

Roeder''s attitude and the way he did things were terrible, indeed. And Gunn is a world away, personality-wise. But the performances and results are the same. And before anyone says he only had 19 games with a crap squad - remember, Roeder took over when we were in an almighty hole. He lost three of his first 19 league matches.

[quote]5. The large majority of fans will be worried - but will wish him well.[/quote]

Worried? More like completely terrified. Wish him well? Yes, of course. I want him to do well, because it means Norwich City will do well. And I would love nothing more than to be proved totally wrong about all this. But there is nothing to point towards things changing, in my opinion.

[quote]6.  It was marginal because we got relegated - but I feel he will have faith in the academy players that is refreshing compared to Worthy, Grant or Roeder.[/quote]

I do think he will use the academy players more, but out of necessity. We all love to see youngsters coming through but they also have to be ready and good enough. Some of them look promising but I think whoever got the job would take the academy seriously. But we can''t afford to look at them through yellow and green-tinted spectacles - they have to be good enough, otherwise they shouldn''t play.

[quote]BTW I think the majority of fans are happy to see Doncaster go, he was a puffed up London solictor, he was not one of us.  Delia too remains popular, mainly because of who she is.  I am no fan of Delia at all - but feel I am still in a small majority.  Is it NCISA''s job to reflect overall opinion, or just its members, ot sure to be honest.[/quote]

I think most people are glad to see Doncaster go too - but not because he "was not one of us". That''s irrelevant. It''s how good he was at his job. The answer would appear to be "not very". I am no fan of Delia either, but I suspect you are right on that score. As for NCISA - I am a member myself (a fairly recent one) but I don''t know the answer to that question. They have an unenviable task, that''s for sure, and they can''t please everyone - but they have my support.

The only true way to gauge the popularity of this decision is to see how many go through the turnstiles.  In August / Sept, if we start well, gates will  be good.  If we''re mid-table or dare I say lower by Oct / Nov / Dec, I think we would see 18,000 attendance figures, as the attendance can''t go lower than the number of season tickets (can it ?).I also really would like to see Gunn do well - I fear that the only way this will happen is if he gets to construct a squad that will blast other teams out of the water at this level, as he does not yet appear to have the tactical nous to gain points from tight games.  We know that this is highly unlikely now, as we are budgetting for league 1.  I fear a final position of 7th-10th next season.

In the past it was said you got a good idea what a team was like after 10 games. Next season I think city supporters wont last that long, 5 games in Gunny will either be a saint or the devil. I''m praying for the saint but not holding my breath.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

I can''t attend NCISA''s meeting - but in a way I''m pleased Gunn''s been apointed for NCISA''s sake.  The fact I believe Gunn is very popular with Norwich fans and the Norfolk public.  The message board is not representative of Norwich fans in general.  NCISA may want the fans to air their views - but I do geniunely feel that meeting wouldn''t have been a true reflection of opinion.  For the record - these are my thoughts.

1. How could Gunn be appointed without a chairman?

2. I have serious doubts about Gunn - but I so want him to do well. Sorry, but I would have appointed him marginal, but yes

3. Gunn is bursting to do well, I geniunely believe that - he has the same hunger as me, for that reason I will back him 110%. 

4 Roeder was poison for the club - gunn is the total opposite.

5. The large majority of fans will be worried - but will wish him well.

6.  It was marginal because we got relegated - but I feel he will have faith in the academy players that is refreshing compared to Worthy, Grant or Roeder.

BTW I think the majority of fans are happy to see Doncaster go, he was a puffed up London solictor, he was not one of us.  Delia too remains popular, mainly because of who she is.  I am no fan of Delia at all - but feel I am still in a small majority.  Is it NCISA''s job to reflect overall opinion, or just its members, ot sure to be honest.

[/quote]

have you been round and done straw pole at marsham village hall???? Have you actually seen gunn and his team perform?? I do however agree, there is nothing we can do know, but support Gunn, but i to am not happy, and the board can wake up and feel the wrath!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]

have you been round and done straw pole at marsham village hall???? !
[/quote]

You village folk and your quaint customs! So, what exactly do you do with this straw pole then?

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]

have you been round and done straw pole at marsham village hall???? ![/quote]

You village folk and your quaint customs! So, what exactly do you do with this straw pole then?

[/quote]Depends on which part of martham you come from!