Sign in to follow this  
HookNortonCanary

All you mothersponge 'Gunn Outers' read this flipping post!

I hear people moaning - "Im gonna send back my season ticket"..."Thats it, im not going to Carrow Road again"..."Gunn Out"..."League 2 here we come"

Give it a rest already!

I think its a load of codswallope that you''ll send back your season ticket and never return to carrow road...we supported the club when Rodent was in charge, we all still went and showed faith.

You can change your wife, car or house - but NEVER your football team.

We support Norwich City - Win, Lose or Draw. And im blooming glad i do.

(Hope everyone follows me in petes message about not swearing - plus its quite fun to make up words)

Bloody brilliant, spot-on post. Could not agree more. At last some common sense on this board.

[quote user="Grif"]

Bloody brilliant, spot-on post. Could not agree more. At last some common sense on this board.

[/quote]

Yeah, because ''common sense'' is being happy with the appointment of somebody who proved during his last attempt at management, that he didn''t have a clue - helping us towards relegation in the process.

I don''t hate Gunn, and I don''t blame him for taking it that much. But the reason we are in this mess is because people like you support such ridiculous decisions.

[quote user="HookNortonCanary"]

I hear people moaning - "Im gonna send back my season ticket"..."Thats it, im not going to Carrow Road again"..."Gunn Out"..."League 2 here we come"

You can change your wife, car or house - but NEVER your football team.

[/quote]

What makes you imagine that as soon as someone cancels their ST they''ll go straight off and support another team?  Nobody I know who''s cancelled over the last few years has even considered changed their allegiance. 

As far as i''m concerned i don''t think Gunn has nearly enough ability to bring us back the club our fans deserve, and in fact i''m almost sure he will only send us into further demise. And therefore i cannot bring myself to support an individual of which i believe can cause so much harm to my beloved club.

I love Norwich City, and will always support them, but i will not support a ''manager'' if i''m convinced he''s going to damage my club, and on that front you can''t convince me otherwise. Even if he is a legend.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="Grif"]

[/quote]

Yeah, because ''common sense'' is being happy with the appointment of somebody who proved during his last attempt at management, that he didn''t have a clue - helping us towards relegation in the process.

I don''t hate Gunn, and I don''t blame him for taking it that much. But the reason we are in this mess is because people like you support such ridiculous decisions.

[/quote]

Proved he didn''t have a clue? How exactly did he do that Shaun? Gunn inherited a squad full of players that couldnt be bothered to fight for the club or for the shirt. He inherited Roeder''s legacy of loan-players and mis-fits. He had very little time (or money) to turn things around. Yes he took us down but we were already well and truly on our way there. Wake up lad, Gunn is not the problem, the entire attitude of the vast majority of the playing staff and the inept recruitment poilcy of two useless managers over a period of at least 3 years are mostly to blame.

The guy is passionate about this club and if you want me to apologise for supporting someone who shares the same love that I do for the club I have followed for many years, then you''ll be waiting a very long time. You need to look in the mirror and think about the best way that you can help NCFC get out of this mess. Constantly calling for change and sniping at people who choose to remain faithful and committed to the cause is not the best way to go about it. You''d have us head the same way as Newcastle Shaun. Disastrous. We need stability, Gunn and co will provide that.

[quote user="Grif"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="Grif"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Proved he didn''t have a clue? How exactly did he do that Shaun? Gunn inherited a squad full of players that couldnt be bothered to fight for the club or for the shirt. He inherited Roeder''s legacy of loan-players and mis-fits. He had very little time (or money) to turn things around. Yes he took us down but we were already well and truly on our way there. Wake up lad, Gunn is not the problem, the entire attitude of the vast majority of the playing staff and the inept recruitment poilcy of two useless managers over a period of at least 3 years are mostly to blame.

The guy is passionate about this club and if you want me to apologise for supporting someone who shares the same love that I do for the club I have followed for many years, then you''ll be waiting a very long time. You need to look in the mirror and think about the best way that you can help NCFC get out of this mess. Constantly calling for change and sniping at people who choose to remain faithful and committed to the cause is not the best way to go about it. You''d have us head the same way as Newcastle Shaun. Disastrous. We need stability, Gunn and co will provide that.

[/quote]

Tactical decisions, completely wrong timings of substitutions and poor choice of signings, even if on a small budget. What people seem to forget is that Gunn was part of Roeders backroom staff, he was actually in charge of recruiting players, therefore, the squad he inherited from Roeder would have been largely influenced by his own recomendations.

I do not blame Gunn for this at all. I do in a way admire his love for the club like you say, and I for one never wanted to see him lose his legend status. But it was clear he is not up to the job, and the board should have recognised that. Going against the majority of fans like they did today and appointing Gunn was one step to far. I''m not prepared to sit there and think how I can help NCFC when I have am not in a position to help them. The board are. My thoughts don''t get heard or considered by them, they only hear their own voices on the matter.

I agree completely with your point regarding stability. But for stability to work we need to have a management team we can be confident in, a boardroom of people of whom appear to have some form of ability to run a football club, and a squad of players with ability. Otherwise stability is useless, we won''t get anywhere. The three things I have mentioned there are three things our club are seriously lacking.

The way I see it is that, unlike Newcastle, we actually got relegated, lower than we have been for 50-odd years. Therefore, a clear chance to start a-fresh and build upwards, not continue on with our downwards spiral. Then once the boardroom, management team and playing staff are revitalised we can look for stability.

Grif, one question, who was the inept person in charge of player recruitment for those years you quoted?

Clue, he''s got another job now.

I didn''t renew mine two years ago.... and if enough others had done the same I doubt Gunn would be in the managers seat and I also doubt whether Smith and Co. would have been able to weather the storm thus far.

Not renewing has nothing to do with changing clubs.... but has everything to do with taking action when the "con" becomes too clear to ignore.

It''s an unselfish act to deny yourself a pleasure for the good of the whole......