Sign in to follow this  
missing in action?

A question for gunn fans.

On facts and options alone. do you think gunn should of been chosen as manager?i believe not, he has had time to change things a bit in every area, and failedand there are better options available.can we afford another risk?

Gunn says he wants what is best for the club, right?

How can he not see that Aidy Boothroyd or anyone else with more experience could and would do a better job? How is he blind to the fact he''s bringing this club down, weighed down by his huge ego.

[quote user="Viva_Marc_Libbra"]Gunn says he wants what is best for the club, right? How can he not see that Aidy Boothroyd or anyone else with more experience could and would do a better job? How is he blind to the fact he''s bringing this club down, weighed down by his huge ego.[/quote]so Aidy Boothroyd, a man with a relegation to his name (just as bad as Gunn) who almost got Watford relegated AGAIN is going to join a mid table league 1 side that fired him years ago???? right.. i see where you are going with that,.

and for the last time THE BOARD APPOINTED GUNN! ergo point the finger at THEM.

jas :)

[quote user="Viva_Marc_Libbra"]Gunn says he wants what is best for the club, right?

How can he not see that Aidy Boothroyd or anyone else with more experience could and would do a better job? How is he blind to the fact he''s bringing this club down, weighed down by his huge gut.[/quote]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Viva_Marc_Libbra"]Gunn says he wants what is best for the club, right? How can he not see that Aidy Boothroyd or anyone else with more experience could and would do a better job? How is he blind to the fact he''s bringing this club down, weighed down by his huge ego.[/quote]so Aidy Boothroyd, a man with a relegation to his name (just as bad as Gunn) who almost got Watford relegated AGAIN is going to join a mid table league 1 side that fired him years ago???? right.. i see where you are going with that,.

and for the last time THE BOARD APPOINTED GUNN! ergo point the finger at THEM.

jas :)

[/quote]

Couldnt have put it better myself Jas, although I am very pleased with Gunn''s appointment, so don''t see the need for any finger pointing.

Aidy Boothroyd was an example, it could have been anyone and he wasn''t sacked from Norwich he made the choice to move on, he was interested in January but wasn''t offered a long enough contract.

It doesn''t matter if the board appointed him, if the board rang me up and said I had the job I''d turn it down because I had no experience and as I love the club, why the hell would I want to make it worse when I know their is somone else out there better equipped, he should have turned it down, not even put a case to them.

[quote user="missing in action?"]On facts and options alone. do you think gunn should of been chosen as manager?i believe not, he has had time to change things a bit in every area, and failedand there are better options available.can we afford another risk? Im no fan of the new appointment, but as a norwich fan im duty bound to expect i have to give it a chance! As for the board they can move on! I will be letting them now my feelings!

on facts and options the problem is we dont know the facts and what the options were, as for appointing gunn, all we can do is support the club if gunn does a good job then so be it if not then so be it we cant do a thing about, we can protest but where would that get us, we can boycott games, but then ure hurting the clubs finances leading to possible administration, you could cancel your season tickets but again ud hurt the finances of the club. so for the time being who cares who the manager is as long as he does well, and we wont know how hes going to do in league one till it starts

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="missing in action?"]On facts and options alone. do you think gunn should of been chosen as manager?i believe not, he has had time to change things a bit in every area, and failedand there are better options available.can we afford another risk? Im no fan of the new appointment, but as a norwich fan im duty bound to expect i have to give it a chance! As for the board they can move on! I will be letting them now my feelings![/quote]

Im no fan of the new appointment, but as a norwich fan im duty bound to

expect i have to give it a chance! As for the board they can move on! I

will be letting them now my feelings!

not my first choice, but hes the manager now, which is not going to change, so we must get on with it and support him.

[quote user="Viva_Marc_Libbra"]Aidy Boothroyd was an example, it could have been anyone and he wasn''t sacked from Norwich he made the choice to move on, he was interested in January but wasn''t offered a long enough contract.

It doesn''t matter if the board appointed him, if the board rang me up and said I had the job I''d turn it down because I had no experience and as I love the club, why the hell would I want to make it worse when I know their is somone else out there better equipped, he should have turned it down, not even put a case to them.[/quote]I think that is the problem though. Any manager worth their weight in gold that is looking to come into the club at this point in time will see a club in turmoil. A small transfer kitty - if any and a small squad which is likely to loose more players before long without much in the way of money to replace them.On top of that the club is unlikely to offer anything more than a one year deal as it could never afford to pay off anything more than that if it goes horribly wrong.Do you think many of the A, B or even C list candidates would take that? Then take into consideration the various vaccancies around the country at the moment and those that are likely to come up in the next few weeks. You have Reading and QPR for starters who are challenging for the premiership and have money to burn.Other managers floating about are hardly proven - Gannon, Ince, Pardew, none of them really stand out at you and I wouldn''t rate any of them as a better bet than Gunn. I doubt Keegan would want it.Ideally in my books you would need someone like Boothroyd or even Peter Taylor but that is ideally and one is contracted and the other is probably looking for a longer contract and a challenge higher up the leagues.I am not saying that Gunn is ideal but then we are not talking about ideals we are talking about a situation that we are in right now where we need to be getting players in right now and preparing for next season right now and getting as much money into the squad as possible. When you look at it like this how many candidates are there?

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"]The silence is deafening.

[/quote]Because there are dozens of threads in a similar vein already started on this forum.

I don''t really care what Bryan Gunn has done for us in the past as a player etc And I know the board have made mistakes but...

Gunn must have taken the job considering himself to be good enough to be manager of Norwich. Nobody held a gun to his head (no pun intended). He wanted to be manager, he is manager, he should be judged like any other manager.

He failed to keep us up last season which really should have been enough to ensure he didn''t keep his job as manager. But this is Norwich and he has kept his job, which he wanted to.

It is now his job to get us out of League One. He must aim to do it in one season, whether we do or not is another thing, but to aim for anything less than an immediate return would be weak. Very weak.

Look i don''t necessarily agree with Gunn being manager (although I do think we could have done much worse) however there is a lot of nonsense talked about him on this message board. It was not his fault we were relegated, the damage was done by previous poor managers grant/roeder as well as the lack of investment and general ineptitude of the board. As far as i''m concerned Gunn starts with a fresh slate next season, Jose Mourinho couldn''t of kept us up. It is false to say he has had a fair chance to turn things around. He''s had six months & half a transfer window. This club is in serious trouble and needs a major overhaul (again) it''s not a quick fix it''s gonna take time. Whoever gets the job needs a couple of seasons of breathing space (at least). We are all upset at the decline of the club and all want somebody to blame, lets get behind the team and the manager and send the blame where it belongs, the boardroom.   

Gunn wants whats best for the club ? i think we can put that one well and truly to bed , Gunn wants whats best for his massive head , ego and bank balance the club doesnt come into it.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Gunn wants whats best for the club ? i think we can put that one well and truly to bed , Gunn wants whats best for his massive head , ego and bank balance the club doesnt come into it.[/quote]How did you put that one to bed, precisely, Loan? By the rigour of your argument? Jesus wept. Get a hold of yourself.

So you honestly think hes doing whats best for the club ? dont be ridiculous , you could pick anybody off the streets of Norwich and they would be just as qualified to do the managers job as Gunn is . Hope hes sacked as early as possible next season and leaves the club for good , hes been hanging around about 15 years to long.

I think he''s doing what he thinks is the best thing for the club, which, I accept, is not the same as doing what is actually the best thing for the club. But, to be perfectly honest, I no longer know what is the best thing for the club. What I do know is the following: we''re right up the creek; we don''t have a paddle. In view of that, I can think of no man more prepared to use what we do have - heart, guts, character, sweat etc etc - than Gunny. I would love it if we had more money, a different owner, a different manager, but we don''t have any of those things, and I can''t see the lone ranger riding over the bluff. If you can, perhaps you''d be good enough to let us know...