Sign in to follow this  
Mtv

ok whats the choice then?

I didnt want Gunn before he was appointed last time. I did''nt want Gunn even more this time. To say I was surprised would be a lie. Nothing surprises me about this board anymore! But to say I was disappointed would be an understatement!

So what do I do now?  Well One thing I wont do is walk away from my club, that is not even an option. I wont get my disgust for the board and their decisions mixed up with my support for my team.

So I will be there next year and the year after getting behind the team and supporting them in every game they play in. As for the board and management I will give them the support I think they deserve, which at the moment is none at all.

Firstly, face reality.  By paying out to support the team you are also supporting the board. 

That''s what they want, your money, and once they''ve got it they do exactly what they like.  If 18,000-odd hadn''t renewed do you think this appointment would have been made?  I don''t.

Do you have a season ticket?  Did you renew?  By buying my 4 season tickets I am supporting MY club not the temporary custodians. You have no right to tell me otherwise. This board are under no illusions as to how I feel about them. I have told/written to each one to let them know.

I will be supporting my club long after they go as I carried on before, during and after Chase. I will not abandon my team because I dont like what the management are doing. I will continue to try and change it while supporting the team.........What are you doing?

[quote user="canary cherub "]

Firstly, face reality.  By paying out to support the team you are also supporting the board. 

That''s what they want, your money, and once they''ve got it they do exactly what they like.  If 18,000-odd hadn''t renewed do you think this appointment would have been made?  I don''t.

[/quote]

That''s all they do want from the supporter base.......

Fans are a necessary evil to Smith....... and if she could have the entire club to herself without involving others she would. It is hers...not ours....

[quote user="mtv"]

Do you have a season ticket?  Did you renew?  By buying my 4 season tickets I am supporting MY club not the temporary custodians. You have no right to tell me otherwise. This board are under no illusions as to how I feel about them. I have told/written to each one to let them know.

I will be supporting my club long after they go as I carried on before, during and after Chase. I will not abandon my team because I dont like what the management are doing. I will continue to try and change it while supporting the team.........What are you doing?

[/quote]

You asked what the choice is.  I''m sorry you can''t face facts.

Voting with your feet has always been part and parcel of being a football fan.  It still is at most clubs.  It gives rise to a bit of friendly banter about "part-timers" but that''s as far as it goes, because everyone realises it''s good for the health of the club not to let them take the fans for granted.  There''s something very wrong when loyalty becomes an end in itself. 

I used to have a season ticket but cancelled in 2006/7 when it became obvious which way the present board was taking the club.  I couldn''t stop them doing it but refused to subsidise their activities.  I was also in serious danger of laying violent hands on fellow fans whose idea of supporting the team was to sing "Delia''s Barmy Army" when we were losing at home to the likes of Plymouth.

[quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

That''s all they do want from the supporter base.......

Fans are a necessary evil to Smith....... and if she could have the entire club to herself without involving others she would. It is hers...not ours....

[/quote]

Of course they do? Do you think they should try running the club without any? Brilliant!

I want her out just as much as most people, but that’s only going to happen if other investors see something worth investing in.

20K + crowds, and potential investors will be looking at NCFC as an investment in a football club.

Less than 10K, and potential investors will be looking at NCFC as an investment in real estate.

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="mtv"]

[/quote]

You asked what the choice is.  I''m sorry you can''t face facts.

Voting with your feet has always been part and parcel of being a football fan.  It still is at most clubs.  It gives rise to a bit of friendly banter about "part-timers" but that''s as far as it goes, because everyone realises it''s good for the health of the club not to let them take the fans for granted.  There''s something very wrong when loyalty becomes an end in itself. 

I used to have a season ticket but cancelled in 2006/7 when it became obvious which way the present board was taking the club.  I couldn''t stop them doing it but refused to subsidise their activities.  I was also in serious danger of laying violent hands on fellow fans whose idea of supporting the team was to sing "Delia''s Barmy Army" when we were losing at home to the likes of Plymouth.

[/quote]I hate the current board, and i will make that quite clear tonight, and

that is the stance i will take........i also agree Gunn wouldnt have

been my  first choice, but i really dont see another option, the board

are raping this club...  Gunn we have to give a chance, even for a week

or so..... mircales do happen! lol

It is all about choice;  MTV chooses to carry on supporting his team, and why shouldn''t he, the way football is set up the only way he can guarentee a seat is to buy a S/T.  so why shouldn''t he,  I would guess like me he has stood or sat through the Watling, The South The Chase years, we didnt agree with all their decisions, but we carried on supporting the TEAM, however we did let them know more than once how we felt.    Geoffry Watling seen as a hero by many and rightly so, but I can remember charging round from the Barclay to join the crowd shouting for him to leave.  Had eveyone boycotted back then, there wouldn''t  be a club for anyone to boycott today.  One of the many differences today from back then, is now we have to buy in advance our ticket/s, back then we could turn up pay at the gate, if we didn''t chose to do that.. the club didn''t get the revenue and we weren''t wasting money.   It is all about personal choice, some choose not to go or not to renew, while others do but  whatever people decide to do, it doesn''t make them any less or any more of a supporter than the next man, woman or child.