Sign in to follow this  
Scot-e-dog

Goodbye NCFC, Hello Delia SMith FC

I have never felt so numb about NCFC...I have never felt so little hope.I am numb that Delia and MWJ have, once again, proved that they are unable to learn from previous mistakes and appoint an inexperienced manager.I am numb that Delia and MWJ have shown such contempt for the fans of the club.  At a time when respected fans groups and other memebrs of the stakeholder community were preaching prudence (I never thought I would support prudence in the context of NCFC...but times are changing) in the selection of the new manager, they ignore all of this and rashly appoint an inexperienced failure.Please don''t get me wrong, this is not an anti-Gunn tirade.  Bryan Gunn is my all time sporting hero (along with Nigel Mansell, if truth be told).However, his appointment is just utter madness.I didn''t complain when he was given the job until the end of the season (although like many, I did question whether the board had really given anyone else a look in).  However, Brayn was:- Cheap- A quick solution- Bled yellow and green and should be able to provide motivation.So, Gunn took charge of a bunch of demotivated individuals (I can''t bring myslef to call them a team), failing to match up to their expectations or wages (for which Gunn had previosuly been the recruitment manager and thus some responsibility).We brought in Crooky et al to form ''Team Canary Legends''.  I was basically happy at this time.  We brought in 9 new players.  I was happier (although I would have been even happier, if we had actually owned a few of them).However, during their 19 game tenure did we see:- Significantly more goals scored per game?- Significantly less goals conceded per game?- Significantly more points per game?- Better, more attractive football?- More passion from the players, who were clearly motivated?No, on all accounts.  In fact, what really seals it for me is that, when the chips were down and it really mattered, Team Canary Legends utterly failed to make any noticable impact - in fact, quite the reverse.  We witnessed gutless perofrmance after gutless performance, culminating in the final disgrace at the Valley.  This is ignoring Gunn''s inability to make meaningful or timely tactical interventions during matches.....or, as some would have it, his inability to put out his first team all playing in their proper positions from the start.I said above that Gunn inherited a bunch of demotivated individuals failing to match up to their expectations or wages.  What did we end the season with?  That''s why Gunn should not have been given the job.  Team Canary Legends failed in everything asked of them and now we have rewarded that failure.  Whether Team Canary Legends feel that they want to ''put it right'' is irrelevant.  They failed, and the club cannot afford to take the risk of them failing again.  Whether Team Canary Legends bleeds yellow and green is irrelevant.  What matters is that Norwich City FC has hope and a real chance of success.  I can see none of either.For the first time in my life, I feel cold towards NCFC.  I don''t feel although I am a part of the club any more.  Delia and MJW''s snap decision really does make me feel like that they are treating it like their possession - a toy if you will.I am numb.  Thank you Delia and MJW.

Good post fella ... can''t argue with any of that. I concur with the feeling of numbness ... it feels as though they''ve ripped the heart out of this club and its supporters ... while feeling nicely smug that no-one will gets their grubby hands on their plaything.

How utterly utterly depressing.

RIP NCFC

I know this is said alot on here but Delia really doesn''t have a club, I will come all the way down from London should another protest be held outside Carrow Road, the cook deserves to see first hand just how much she has forced us fans to turn against her.

I''ve felt like that for years....

Travel anywhere and speak to anyone (even non football fans) and Delia Smith is immediately associated with Norwich City FC. Not the City.... not the County.... not even an individual player.... just Delia bloody Smith.

Sad that the sheep allowed it to happen without a whimper........

Very Good Post Scot-e-dog

and all very TRUE. I could even have accepted Crook as Manager

AND GUNN AS KITMAN!!!

Crying [:''(] !!!! DELIA IT WAS THE LAST STRAW!!! YOU HAVE LOST THE PLOT!!!Crying [:''(]

great post scot-e-dog, thanks and please everyone who feels like this try and get to St Andrews Hall tomorrow. The message has got to be loud and clear

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"]I have never felt so numb about NCFC...I have never felt so little hope.

I am numb that Delia and MWJ have, once again, proved that they are unable to learn from previous mistakes and appoint an inexperienced manager.

I am numb that Delia and MWJ have shown such contempt for the fans of the club.  At a time when respected fans groups and other memebrs of the stakeholder community were preaching prudence (I never thought I would support prudence in the context of NCFC...but times are changing) in the selection of the new manager, they ignore all of this and rashly appoint an inexperienced failure.

Please don''t get me wrong, this is not an anti-Gunn tirade.  Bryan Gunn is my all time sporting hero (along with Nigel Mansell, if truth be told).

However, his appointment is just utter madness.

I didn''t complain when he was given the job until the end of the season (although like many, I did question whether the board had really given anyone else a look in).  However, Brayn was:

- Cheap
- A quick solution
- Bled yellow and green and should be able to provide motivation.

So, Gunn took charge of a bunch of demotivated individuals (I can''t bring myslef to call them a team), failing to match up to their expectations or wages (for which Gunn had previosuly been the recruitment manager and thus some responsibility).

We brought in Crooky et al to form ''Team Canary Legends''.  I was basically happy at this time.  We brought in 9 new players.  I was happier (although I would have been even happier, if we had actually owned a few of them).

However, during their 19 game tenure did we see:

- Significantly more goals scored per game?
- Significantly less goals conceded per game?
- Significantly more points per game?
- Better, more attractive football?
- More passion from the players, who were clearly motivated?

No, on all accounts.  In fact, what really seals it for me is that, when the chips were down and it really mattered, Team Canary Legends utterly failed to make any noticable impact - in fact, quite the reverse.  We witnessed gutless perofrmance after gutless performance, culminating in the final disgrace at the Valley.  This is ignoring Gunn''s inability to make meaningful or timely tactical interventions during matches.....or, as some would have it, his inability to put out his first team all playing in their proper positions from the start.

I said above that Gunn inherited a bunch of demotivated individuals failing to match up to their expectations or wages.  What did we end the season with?  That''s why Gunn should not have been given the job.  Team Canary Legends failed in everything asked of them and now we have rewarded that failure.  Whether Team Canary Legends feel that they want to ''put it right'' is irrelevant.  They failed, and the club cannot afford to take the risk of them failing again.  Whether Team Canary Legends bleeds yellow and green is irrelevant.  What matters is that Norwich City FC has hope and a real chance of success.  I can see none of either.

For the first time in my life, I feel cold towards NCFC.  I don''t feel although I am a part of the club any more.  Delia and MJW''s snap decision really does make me feel like that they are treating it like their possession - a toy if you will.

I am numb.  Thank you Delia and MJW.

[/quote]

GOOD POST - THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS CLUB

Brilliant post Scot-e-dog and one which highlights how a lot of fans feel, in the sense that they don''t hate Bryan Gunn, have wished him well, but don''t think he (and Team Gunn) are the people to take us forward.  I think the problems will carry on whoever is manager because of the people in control of our club.