Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Sense at last in Transfer targets

Despite all the controversy i was very please to hear Gunns explanation of out future transfer policy. he is to target proven league 1 and 2 players. This is exactly what we should have done several years ago instead of the constant loans. There are some very good prospects in the lower divisions many who could make the step up to a higher level. many are "hungry" to prove themselves and despite what many cynics say a club like Norwich will be very attractive to many of them. We want and need our team. It is also clear that people like Croft had made their mind up ages ago to clear off and we need a virtual clear out to get players with guts, confidence and work ethic. For years Norwich have filled their ranks with over paid players who think they are better than they are, many who go on the piss the same day we frequently get beaten. Things will be much better than a lot fear

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]many who go on the piss the same day we frequently get beaten. Things will be much better than a lot fear[/quote]Yeah, League Two players wont do that....Idealistic crap, dream on

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Despite all the controversy i was very please to hear Gunns explanation of out future transfer policy. he is to target proven league 1 and 2 players. This is exactly what we should have done several years ago instead of the constant loans. There are some very good prospects in the lower divisions many who could make the step up to a higher level. many are "hungry" to prove themselves and despite what many cynics say a club like Norwich will be very attractive to many of them. We want and need our team. It is also clear that people like Croft had made their mind up ages ago to clear off and we need a virtual clear out to get players with guts, confidence and work ethic. For years Norwich have filled their ranks with over paid players who think they are better than they are, many who go on the piss the same day we frequently get beaten. Things will be much better than a lot fear[/quote]

Gunn was the scut under roeder, so he had a hand in bringing the crap we have in!!! whats going to change???? sad times!

Well look at teams like Doncaster and a few years ago Colchester came up to the Championship with players from league 1 and 2  that noone had heard of. Doncaster stayed up with ease and the Colchester squad broke up with several now playing in the premiership and championship.The influx of foreign players into the top 2 leagues has forced a lot of good british players into the lower leagues who are desperate for a chance. Only time will tell

Was talking to a mate who is a Walsall season ticket owner (poor thing) and he assures me that any half decent champ player, nay even poor champ player could stroll it in L1. The average L1 player is erratic and prone to one good game in ten. I cannot help but feel that we are ''bedding down'' into this division rather than aiming to get out.

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"] The average L1 player is erratic and prone to one good game in ten. [/quote]

Our squad should feel right at home then!  Thats why were were relegated - a whole team of League one players.

We need a team of physically strong experienced pros,   leicester had a core of just that - howard up front, oakly in the middle,  eddy at the back.  Honest grafters who know about consistent commitment.  They are also players nearing the end of their careers but still want a challenge.

The reason league one and two players are there is because, generally, they are not good enough to be higher.

Matty Fryatt is a good example,  good in league one,  non existant against better champs defenders...

We aim low at league one players we will remain a league one team...

Such a poor start Bryan.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Despite all the controversy i was very please to hear Gunns explanation of out future transfer policy. he is to target proven league 1 and 2 players. This is exactly what we should have done several years ago instead of the constant loans. [/quote]

More to the point it is exactly what we did do years ago when we built a team that was successful - we took promising youngsters from lower leagues and some genuine quality reserve players from bigger clubs and molded the lot into a proper unit that wanted to play for each other and themselves (albeit with an expectation of moving on to bigger and better things in time).  Nobody had heard of the likes of Micky Phelan, Steve Bruce, Dave Watson and half the Spurs reserve team we signed back in the good old days but they were a better bet than the dross we have seen over the last two years.

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Despite all the controversy i was very please to hear Gunns explanation of out future transfer policy. he is to target proven league 1 and 2 players. This is exactly what we should have done several years ago instead of the constant loans. There are some very good prospects in the lower divisions many who could make the step up to a higher level. many are "hungry" to prove themselves and despite what many cynics say a club like Norwich will be very attractive to many of them. We want and need our team. It is also clear that people like Croft had made their mind up ages ago to clear off and we need a virtual clear out to get players with guts, confidence and work ethic. For years Norwich have filled their ranks with over paid players who think they are better than they are, many who go on the piss the same day we frequently get beaten. Things will be much better than a lot fear[/quote]

Gunn was the scut under roeder, so he had a hand in bringing the crap we have in!!! whats going to change???? sad times![/quote]Head of recruitment wasn''t he? Could have had Gow at the begining of the season for £150k ish. Its possible we could have had Lee before we did. Who knows? Before Gunn''s loan signings we had Lita, Kennedy - both I should imagine were through Gunn''s contacts. And we know some of Roeder''s signings were his - Lupoli was advice given to him from Wenger for example. And at the end of the day it wasn''t just the players that were brought in, its the fact that they seem to have failed to play with and for each other.

[quote user="Rock the Boat"]

You seem very bitter about something, Neil. What is it?[/quote]LOL I''m about the only person on here who''s not bitter.I love Delia - thinks she''s been fantasticLeague Two players wont like a drink after a defeat..... very funny

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Despite all the controversy i was very please to hear Gunns explanation of out future transfer policy. he is to target proven league 1 and 2 players. This is exactly what we should have done several years ago instead of the constant loans. There are some very good prospects in the lower divisions many who could make the step up to a higher level. many are "hungry" to prove themselves and despite what many cynics say a club like Norwich will be very attractive to many of them. We want and need our team. It is also clear that people like Croft had made their mind up ages ago to clear off and we need a virtual clear out to get players with guts, confidence and work ethic. For years Norwich have filled their ranks with over paid players who think they are better than they are, many who go on the piss the same day we frequently get beaten. Things will be much better than a lot fear[/quote]

Gunn was the scut under roeder, so he had a hand in bringing the crap we have in!!! whats going to change???? sad times![/quote]My thought would be that the scout takes his direction from the gaffer in most cases. "Bryan I''m looking for a good loan striker, can you find me one?" rather than Gunny going to Glenn with what He''d spotted, by the looks of things when he did this he was largely ignored. I''d guess that the Alan Gow saga last year would be proof. I''d imagine that that would be how the roedent worked anyway.

it''s clear the likes of McDonald, Spillane, Martin and Smith are going to play a fair amount next season so it''s vital we get some experienced players in as i''m not sure Dejan or Drury are going to play week in week out.

Alan Lee would be a good start