Sign in to follow this  
SitTee

Has everyone forgotten about hoolahan?

Who here thinks he will stay next season? I cant see him here next season but he hasnt been talked about much even though he is injured but i hope he stays next season, i can see him getting lots more goals!

hes 5ft something, 8 stone nothing, hes going to get flattened in league 1!!!

I think everyone just assumes he will leave.  Would love him to stay but will be surprised if he does.

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]I''m assuming he''ll leave and I''m can''t say I''m bothered, over rated based on the vast majority of his appearances last season[/quote]

To true. There was so much buzz about him signing last season I thought that maybe he was a good replacement for huckerby the way the press were talking. But I only got to a few games last season but even on his debut (coventry) I could see he only had one foot and was pushed off the ball to easily. Then at derby even worse! I thought he would of scored alot more goals than he did. I think we got him for 250k??? maybe if we could get double that he could go????

[quote user="jersey_canary"]

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]I''m assuming he''ll leave and I''m can''t say I''m bothered, over rated based on the vast majority of his appearances last season[/quote]

To true. There was so much buzz about him signing last season I thought that maybe he was a good replacement for huckerby the way the press were talking. But I only got to a few games last season but even on his debut (coventry) I could see he only had one foot and was pushed off the ball to easily. Then at derby even worse! I thought he would of scored alot more goals than he did. I think we got him for 250k??? maybe if we could get double that he could go????

[/quote]

looked like a skilful 10 year old playing against bigger boys...perhaps got protected by other players at Blackpool...but I never saw the appeal

I will be very sad to see him go. For me he was the ONE highlight in our playing side last season. The ONLY bit of creativity we had. Not his fault he was playing amongst clueless wonders and those who really didn''t care.

Simply have to say Hoolahan was in the wrong team at the wrong time. Shame he wasn''t with us during our better times, but he wasn''t.

Good luck wherever you go Wes and thanks for at least giving us a few bright spots in a very sorry season with some creativity and thought in midfield. We had a few in there blundering around who most equalled to those with effort, but how many goals did centre midfield create once Wes was out injured?

Fact of life all the better contracted players will go, that''s the price we pay for relegation.

will be great if we could keep him, would give us that bit of creativity and flair we need, after he suffered his injury we really struggled to create anything over the last month or so of the season