Sign in to follow this  
NMTD

Who exactly has 'pulled out' of the land deal ?

The thing that concerns me over the Wilson Connelly deal is who exactly has pulled the plug - the club or the developer ?

One telling thing in the article by Richard Balls is the statement that values have risen in the 14 months since the deal was originally agreed.

This leads me to think that its the club wanting more than the agreed £6M, and WC not being prepared to pay.

Is this the case - or has WC just got cold feet or trying to get the land for less?

I''m not overly worried about the delay in the long term because the club owns that land with the planning permission - which makes it worth A LOT of money.

But it seems to me that it will affect things in the short term.

It seems they have killed 2 birds with 1 stone.

1 - They will get a lot more for the land due to the dramatic rise in property costs

2 - It will make the fans think huckerby crouch and harper are non starters now!!

In answer to the original post, whether the club tried to increase the price, or the developer tried to reduce it, "We''ll probably never know".

Certainly, a site with planning permission is usually worth more than one without, due to the associated risk in actually securing planning permission in the first place.

The residential market has "moved on" during the planning process, but is now showing signs of retreat.

We have to assume the club are confident of obtaining an improved deal