Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Brilliant article from Carrow Road.net

If anyone thought last night news that the changes at the boardroom level were seen as a step forward for the club, the news today that the remaining directors have appointed Bryan Gunn again as manager will have knocked that flat on the head, and taken the club three steps backwards

Given his previous record as first team manager his full-time appointment is further proof that the board of directors are completely out of touch with what is required to take the club forward.

At time when the club is in disarray it''s fan base in shock and disbelief, they make a decision to appoint a man with no real expereince plus who has just failed to fight off relegation, quite unbelievable. 

When the chips were down and it really mattered, Team Gunn utterly failed to make any noticable lasting impact, infact we witnessed gutless, clueless perofrmance after gutless, clueless performance,  ending in the final day shameful disgrace in London.  Many others will also point to Gunn''s inability to make meaningful or timely tactical substitutions during games, along with the inability to put out his first team all playing in their proper positions from the start.

True; Gunn  inherited an under achieving, demolalised bunch of individuals who had already failed many times during the season, but what did we end the season with ?  Anything that could be classed as an improvement ?

I am gutted that Delia and MWJ have shown such contempt for the fans of the club, when so many respected Supporters groups along with other bodies were publicising their concerns over such an appointment.  I have said many times that I believed the club to be their own personal plaything, with the events of the last two days, my conviction is stronger.

If the board wish to alleviate tension that is growing amongst supporters who are angrily perplexed (rightly so) by their decision to appoint Gunn despite his recent run as manager, they should at least offer some kind of explanation as to why Gunn was considered to be the best possible choice. 

Since writing this I have witnessed on TV; Delia mumbling something about deserving another chance, after sitting down with the trio AGAIN and listening AGAIN the same outline of Team Gunn''s plans and Vision.  I would suggest the real reasons are;  They are Cheap.. A quick solution and they Bleed yellow and green and should be able to provide motivation. These were not enough reasons to give them the job the last time round and they certainly are not enough this time round.

It matters very little that team Gunn feel that they want to ''put things right'' .  They failed.  Whether Team Gunn bleeds yellow and green matters little neither.  What matters most is that Norwich City FC has hope and a real chance of success; and right at this moment I cannot see either on the horizon.

Yet  those entrusted with care of this club take that risk of them failing again,  they have proved to me and many other fans,  that they are unable to learn from their previous mistakes 

I realise that this might sound cynical to those who still think that Delia can do no wrong, but in the absence of their justification, what are we supposed to think? if the board refuse supporters this token of respect, they should not be surprised when and if things turn nasty.

Sadly after 40 odd years of being a canary, for the first time I feel no longer a part of my club, I sat in the stands during the last few games of the season, feeling so distant from those on the pitch and in the directors box, I might as well been an away supporter.

I realise that Delia and Michael simply cannot walk away, things are not that simple, but they could appoint people experienced in running and managing a football club and it''s team to work alongside them, so these  dire mistakes can be brought to an end.

After scanning a lot of city sites it seems that us on the pink un are not the only "negative" ones!

Thats an excellent post, particularly like this bit

'''' It matters very little that team Gunn feel that they want to ''put things right'' .  They failed.  Whether Team Gunn bleeds yellow and green matters little neither.  What matters most is that Norwich City FC has hope and a real chance of success; and right at this moment I cannot see either on the horizon.

Yet  those entrusted with care of this club take that risk of them failing again,  they have proved to me and many other fans,  that they are unable to learn from their previous mistakes''''

Have also read a few different sites tonight and can''t find many people in favour of Gunny.

Great post.  Sad to say that the problem lies with the ''Big Two'', but unfortunately we''re stuck with them!

Oh dont doubt it there are plenty of supporters for the status quo, They run around after Smith and jones like cap doffing peasants. No matter what happens they will continue to support. I read one saying '' we have to forget what has happened and move on''  can you really believe someone/ anyone with any sense could write that?

Excellent article and sums up my feelings on the appointment. Perhaps this could be read out at tomorrows meeting as I think it conveys a lot about how fans are feeling about the appointment.

Great post indeed, but parts of it are plagiarised from a post I made on here yesterday afternoon.

See a thread titled Goodbye NCFC, Hello Delia Smith FC to see.

[quote user="kennyfoggo"]
read it on that site, he makes mention of that and gives thanks to them.
[/quote]

Ooh ta, I''m famous at last!

Agreed this was a great post. I just now feel really angry at the Stowmarket two. I can''t stand to hear the mumblings and excuses any longer. In their discussions regarding the confirmation of the management team they lack so much awareness to what is needed. The future indeed looks very bleak because it looks like the mistakes will continue for some time yet.

I refuse to buy the rubbish spouting from Delia''s mouth about actively looking for investment. Southampton had 4 buyers intrested and yet we are given time and time again about her being happy to step over and sell the club on; utter rubbish.

Without a change then the supporters may have to force the issue and boycott season tickets; refuse to waive the refund and maybe ask for a full refund. This is drastic but I can''t see any future with those two in charge. I can only describe my feelings about those two as now being on par with how I hated Robert Chase. Cant believe they were applauded at the Ipswich game. We really dont do ourselves any favours