Sign in to follow this  
NMTD

BOYCOTT the MAN UTD / WIGAN friendlies

Please, please, please boycott these games.

They''ll be cheap - but all they are are revenue generators.

Just don''t go.

I''m so struggling to think what to say or do at the moment - what a farce of a club we have.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

isnt it funny how utd played Wigan tonight and we play them pre season.

jas :)

[/quote]Funny...urmmmmmmmmmm , not really! but coincidental yes!

I was considering not going to the Man U game due to all the plastic Man U ''fans'' annoying me, it will be 10 times worse than the Spurs fans did.  To be honest, I will consider boycotting the Johnstons Paint cup games and rounds 1 and 2 of the FA Cup due to the fact that they represent league one and therefore the failure of this club in recent times.

[quote user="NMTD"]

Just don''t go.

I''m so struggling to think what to say or do at the moment - what a farce of a club we have.

[/quote]

What a masterplan, this is exactly what the club needs right now. Every man, woman and child should get behind this idea. Amazing, constructive, positive action that will benefit the club no end. Oh yeh, what a naff idea.

Call yourself a fan? Get behind the team and the manager for christ''s sake.

[quote user="Grif"][quote user="NMTD"]

Just don''t go.

[/quote]

What a masterplan, this is exactly what the club needs right now. Every man, woman and child should get behind this idea. Amazing, constructive, positive action that will benefit the club no end. Oh yeh, what a naff idea.

[/quote]

You have an avatar of Peter Griffin, and evidently a brain of approximately the same size as Peter Griffin. I''d much prefer that supporters express their discontent with our board''s blatant inability to see that what we need is a manager with relevant experience of League One (Tilson, Gannon) rather than a novice with a poor track record at a friendly rather than a league match. And before you tell me that REAL supporters would turn up regardless I''d remind you that Norwich City fans have the right to vote with their feet when their collective opinion is ignored. This is our club, after all.

[quote user="Grif"][quote user="NMTD"]

Just don''t go.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Call myself a fan? Shows how little you know about me. 38 years since I started watching the team I love, a 200 mile round trip to home games (as a ST holder) for the last 24 years should tell you something.

I will never desert this club - it is part of me.

I will however, speak my mind when the club is quite obviously going down completely the wrong road.

Can''t you see that whatever the outcome, quite simply Delia and MWJ have to go. They are destroying our club with ineptitude. Gunn is not the man.

Lance the boils, it will hurt - a lot - but we''ll be better off in the long run.

I for one am not scared about this club going lower if that is what its going to take. Administration - 10 point deduction - get it over and done with. What scares me is that those in charge of the club have not a flying idea of what to do to get this club back on its feet.

It needs a sea change, not just the scapegoating of ND. For goodness sake - it transpires RM is still on the board - can you not see we are being taken for mugs? 

If this continues, the whole "Chase Out" saga is going to seem like a walk in the park.

Call myself a fan? Shows how little you know about me. 38 years since I started watching the team I love, a 200 mile round trip to home games (as a ST holder) for the last 24 years should tell you something.

I will never desert this club - it is part of me.

I will however, speak my mind when the club is quite obviously going down completely the wrong road.

Can''t you see that whatever the outcome, quite simply Delia and MWJ have to go. They are destroying our club with ineptitude. Gunn is not the man.

Lance the boils, it will hurt - a lot - but we''ll be better off in the long run.

I for one am not scared about this club going lower if that is what its going to take. Administration - 10 point deduction - get it over and done with. What scares me is that those in charge of the club have not a flying idea of what to do to get this club back on its feet.

It needs a sea change, not just the scapegoating of ND. For goodness sake - it transpires RM is still on the board - can you not see we are being taken for mugs? 

If this continues, the whole "Chase Out" saga is going to seem like a walk in the park.

I couldn''t agree more!!

[quote user="NMTD"]

Just don''t go.

[/quote]

You won''t see any player worth watching as they only send youth player X1''s to League One clubs......

As you say... it''s just to get more cash through the turnstiles.

surely more cash through the turnstiles means more money in the transfer kitty? I know you lot will say ''more money for delia more like'' - what utter c**p. these sort of ideas are pathetic. BTW... honestly does anyone know much about Gannon or is it a name you lot have jumped on in the last ten days? i think it''s the latter. (quick take a look on wiki!)

If administration gets rid of the cook and Oddjob the sooner we arrive at that point the better . Delia Smith has killed this club , oh to have Robert Chase back now.

[quote user="The Chirp"]surely more cash through the turnstiles means more money in the transfer kitty? I know you lot will say ''more money for delia more like'' - what utter c**p.

these sort of ideas are pathetic.

BTW... honestly does anyone know much about Gannon or is it a name you lot have jumped on in the last ten days? i think it''s the latter. (quick take a look on wiki!)
[/quote]

It''s not about lining Delia''s pocket - I don''t think even the most strident crticic of Smith and Jones would suggest that they''ve turned a profit in their dealings with NCFC. A lot of supporters (including me) simply feel that their voice has been ignored by those in charge at boardroom level, over a period of time and specifically in the case of hiring Gunn. Meaningless friendlies are the perfect opportunity for people to express their opinions in a direct style by voting with their feet. That''s not pathetic: it''s a reminder to those at the top of who this club actually belongs to.

I happen to know quite a bit about Gannon, and I saw his Stockport side play last season. I know what he brings to the table, alongside other managers like Tilson who should at least have been interviewed - youth, ambition a respectable track record in the division we''re going to be playing in next season. Compare this to Bryan Gunn, who has a track record of played 5 wins from 19 games and one relegation on his CV.

[quote user="The Chirp"]BTW... honestly does anyone know much about Gannon or is it a name you lot have jumped on in the last ten days? i think it''s the latter. (quick take a look on wiki!)[/quote]For what it''s worth I was hoping he''d get appointed in January. Why do you think people might not know anything about him? Do you?

[quote user="NMTD"]

Just don''t go.

[/quote]I agree. Don''t go to the friendlies. Cash in your season tickets and stay at home all season. End you association with Norwich City altogether. You are not doing yourself or anybody else any good with your constant moaning! You can continue to post in here, celebrating everytime we have a bad result if you like!

Boycotting Delia''s range of ready-made meals would be a far more effective means of getting her out. Hit her in the oven where it hurts.

A simple question: which is more important to you:a. Norwich City finding success again, regaining their Championship status and hopefully challenging for promotion to the Premier League, or;b. Delia and MWJ stepping down?In my opinion - and this is just my opinion - if the success of the club is less important to you than a personal grudge, then your claim to be a supporter is weakened. If you want to protest against the board, surely you can find another way other than hitting the club''s income, which is just going to worsen our performance on the pitch.BTW, although I disagree with those who want boycotts, I respect your right to hold that opinion. Any chance of respecting mine, and not responding with "sheep", "Delia lover" etc?

[quote user="Nuff Said"]A simple question: which is more important to you:

a. Norwich City finding success again, regaining their Championship status and hopefully challenging for promotion to the Premier League, or;

b. Delia and MWJ stepping down?

In my opinion - and this is just my opinion - if the success of the club is less important to you than a personal grudge, then your claim to be a supporter is weakened. If you want to protest against the board, surely you can find another way other than hitting the club''s income, which is just going to worsen our performance on the pitch.

BTW, although I disagree with those who want boycotts, I respect your right to hold that opinion. Any chance of respecting mine, and not responding with "sheep", "Delia lover" etc?
[/quote]

Nuff - I don''t do that, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

As to your point above, I don''t think that there''s a chance of a) for many years unless b) has happened. For b) to happen, I think we will go via c), d) and e). Those being c) a huge amount of supporter infighting (ongoing), d) a personalised campaign against D & MWJ ("Chase Out" all over again), e) Administration.

Well I wont be at either, not through any sort of protest but because neither interest me in the slightest. Both clubs will send youth/reserve teams and I''m not prepared to pay to see either when I could be at Snetterton watching the touring cars qualifying on the same day as the Wigan game(I recommend this as an alternative to the game).[;)]

Very well said NMTD. Think you are right about the way our club is going and that we are again heading for a Chase Out style outcome.

The remaining board members are clueless (I am still not sure of exactly how Foulger fits into all of this, does he get a say or is it just the couple with all the shares?) - but as he rarely makes statements I assume he agrees with them.

Clueless and determined to hang onto their shares and their control, no matter what happens to the club.

Whether or not we go to the friendlies or not, while those two are in control there''s only one way the club is heading, and it''s not upwards. What happened yesterday only emphasised that even more. A disastrous appointment for manager and a simply shocking press conference. Were we once a football club who achieved things? It''s getting more and more difficult to remember.

Yesterday was a total embarrassment, from the funereal press conference to Delia''s interview. The club is a shambles at the moment and even I''m starting to wonder if administration may be on the cards.

My very real fear is that, with emotions running high tonight will turn into a blazing torch and pitchforks job when it really needs to result in a long term, rational strategy resulting in supporter representation in the boardroom, a restructuring of the board to bring in the specific football and business skills which are sadly lacking at present, and a concerted campaign to find new investment to either dilute Delia''s stranglehold or remove her altogether. Tonight is a night for clear and rational thinking, not mob rule. We will never get a better chance to bring about change, so let''s not blow it.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="The Chirp"]BTW... honestly does anyone know much about Gannon or is it a name you lot have jumped on in the last ten days? i think it''s the latter. (quick take a look on wiki!)[/quote]For what it''s worth I was hoping he''d get appointed in January. Why do you think people might not know anything about him? Do you?[/quote]Yes, It''s my job to know as I do freelance match reports for lower league football. (have to say it''s made me enjoy lower league football a lot more than the prem, better atmos, fans that know their league etc etc...)The reason i said it, is that his name only cropped up as an option very recently. No one on here ever mentioned his name before then when he would have been a fair shout.

Never go to friendlies anyway.  They''re just training games at the end of the day.

I''ll quite happily miss the Man Utd game and let 15,000 plastic mancs fill our coffers thank you.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Very well said NMTD. Think you are right about the way our club is going and that we are again heading for a Chase Out style outcome. The remaining board members are clueless (I am still not sure of exactly how Foulger fits into all of this, does he get a say or is it just the couple with all the shares?) - but as he rarely makes statements I assume he agrees with them. Clueless and determined to hang onto their shares and their control, no matter what happens to the club. Whether or not we go to the friendlies or not, while those two are in control there''s only one way the club is heading, and it''s not upwards. What happened yesterday only emphasised that even more. A disastrous appointment for manager and a simply shocking press conference. Were we once a football club who achieved things? It''s getting more and more difficult to remember.[/quote]

Spot on gazza......

Like you I''m not sure how Mr Foulger fits into all this. Perhaps he''s just happy to just let the others do the talking on the public front while he tries to drum up investment with his        '' contacts ''. Let''s pray that something turns up as we''re a rudderless ship right now.

How depressing can this all get ?