Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

3 Jim Beams and a few hours later...

I''ve finally calmed down.

I now realise that no amount of meetings and protests will change things now, Gunn, as much as it pains me to say it, is our manager.

I don''t expect him to last too long (nor do the board judging by the short contract he''s been given!) but for the sake of a united front, whilst still holding on to my beliefs, I shall now refrain from the Gunn bashing on here, even though I think its justifiable tonight.

I watch with some concern as to our future signings, and who knows, as doubtful as I am, a miracle might happen..........let us all pray so.

A line does need to be drawn in the sand with respect to Gunn.  Maybe that same line can be used as a gauge.  Lets judge him on his signings, tactics and results.  If they work, let''s not allow the board any credit what so ever!

[quote user="Fluff"]A line does need to be drawn in the sand with respect to Gunn.  Maybe that same line can be used as a gauge.  Lets judge him on his signings, tactics and results.  If they work, let''s not allow the board any credit what so ever!
[/quote]

Agreed Fluff, I still think he won''t make it past mid November.........but who knows.

How very reasoned of you Wiz.

I like to come on here just to have a laugh really and don''t like to get engaged in hostilies with other posters (I know you love it Wiz!)

However, today''s news did make me cross and I did ''explode'' a bit by my standards (although I believe I was reasoned and non-abusive in my thoughts) 

I know you''re right and of course I''ll back the management team whoever it is, but I really feel my optimism ebbing away.  To be fair to Gunn, he''s come in at a time when most of us are at rock bottom with this club and will surely have have less time than most of our previous managers to turn around.  Then again........................................................................................................now can you please pass me that bottle?!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

I now realise that no amount of meetings and protests will change things now, Gunn, as much as it pains me to say it, is our manager.

I don''t expect him to last too long (nor do the board judging by the short contract he''s been given!) but for the sake of a united front, whilst still holding on to my beliefs, I shall now refrain from the Gunn bashing on here, even though I think its justifiable tonight.

I watch with some concern as to our future signings, and who knows, as doubtful as I am, a miracle might happen..........let us all pray so.

[/quote]

For the last time, who cares what you think??  You don''t even attend matches anyway, so your constant tirade of peurile offensive nonsense against everybody from Bryan Gunn, to "the bitch" Smith to Gunn''s daughter, just doesn''t add up for me.  Surely if you cared as much as you do, you would attend matches.  I would say, judging by your RIDICULOUS post count, that you don''t have too many "real" friends, and are almost marooned, with only the f**king Pink Un message board to keep you company.  Oh, and I notice your slowly starting to change sides once again.  My god, it''s like 5,000 odd posts for each of your faces. 

[quote user="No Quarter"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

For the last time, who cares what you think??  You don''t even attend matches anyway, so your constant tirade of peurile offensive nonsense against everybody from Bryan Gunn, to "the bitch" Smith to Gunn''s daughter, just doesn''t add up for me.  Surely if you cared as much as you do, you would attend matches.  I would say, judging by your RIDICULOUS post count, that you don''t have too many "real" friends, and are almost marooned, with only the f**king Pink Un message board to keep you company.  Oh, and I notice your slowly starting to change sides once again.  My god, it''s like 5,000 odd posts for each of your faces. 

[/quote]

Oh how little you really know about me.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="No Quarter"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I know what I read, and that my friend is inconsistent, sexist, offensive, pathetic drivel. 

[quote user="No Quarter"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="No Quarter"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I know what I read, and that my friend is inconsistent, sexist, offensive, pathetic drivel. 

[/quote]

Cor, that good eh? many thanks.

[quote user="No Quarter"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t always agree with Wiz''s opinions, and I know he riles a lot of people on this board, but I think you''ve shown a lack of respect there pal. We all know why he doesn''t attend games and while sometimes a little negative, I for one enjoy reading his posts.

My personal dealings with Wiz have shown me that he is a friendly and amicable bloke and the fact he''s started this thread says a lot abbout the guy I think. I''m sure he''d be only too happy to be proved wrong by Gunny.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Heres hoping he is a great success and here for years to come.  Successful clubs are built on stability (most of the time), constantly chopping and changing is doing us no favours.

[quote user="The Undertaker"][quote user="No Quarter"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t always agree with Wiz''s opinions, and I know he riles a lot of people on this board, but I think you''ve shown a lack of respect there pal. We all know why he doesn''t attend games and while sometimes a little negative, I for one enjoy reading his posts.

My personal dealings with Wiz have shown me that he is a friendly and amicable bloke and the fact he''s started this thread says a lot abbout the guy I think. I''m sure he''d be only too happy to be proved wrong by Gunny.

[/quote]

Many thanks for those kind words Undertaker, and of course, you''re right, I long to be proved wrong by Gunn.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Heres hoping he is a great success and here for years to come.  Successful clubs are built on stability (most of the time), constantly chopping and changing is doing us no favours.

[/quote]

So appointing a rookie with no managerial or coaching experience is the way forward then?

If that''s the case, answer me this - why wasn''t Grant given more time?

[quote user="The Undertaker"][quote user="No Quarter"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Opinions are one thing, downright spiteful and hurtful comments are a different kettle of fish.  It annoys me how he holds himself up as some bastion of the football club, as if people are going to hang on his every word, when in fact he''s just some bloke who doesnt go to the matches.  Its like me sitting on a speedway website going mental over what Kings Lynn are doing. 

[quote user="No Quarter"][quote user="The Undertaker"][quote user="No Quarter"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Opinions are one thing, downright spiteful and hurtful comments are a different kettle of fish.  It annoys me how he holds himself up as some bastion of the football club, as if people are going to hang on his every word, when in fact he''s just some bloke who doesnt go to the matches.  Its like me sitting on a speedway website going mental over what Kings Lynn are doing.

[/quote]

I think considering the injuries Lynn are doing well!!! Although I haven''t been this year......Heard Darcy Ward is a revelation!..........Anyway back to this thread.

I have mixed emotions about Gunns appointment. On the one hand, say we get rid of Gunn. Go for another "experienced manager" on a 2-3 years contract (Roeder mark II anyone?!) the new manager then gives half of our current dross of players a second chance, so he can have a look at them. This makes me think that maybe Gunn is the right man.... (As long as Gunn doesn''t give some of them a second bloody chance!!)

Then on the other hand, After the crap that was dished up in the last 6 games of the season, the manor in which we bowed out of the championship was nothing more than an absolute disgrace! We didn''t exactly throw the kitchen sink at Reading or Charlton did we?

Either way I look at it Norwich City Football Club are going no where fast. With out serious investment, we''ll continue to go backwards. Even if we appointed someone like Coppell we would still have no money, no core of a team and no promising youth players that have been playing regular reserve team football!

And on the subject of First Wizard, I have to agree with the undertaker. I have had a couple conflict of opinions with him, but I still respect his views (whether I agree with what he says or the way he says them!)

whether we agree with the management regime or not as supporters the only thing we can really do to help this club is to turn up and support. Turning our backs will just lose the club much-needed revenue and turning up and jeering just doesn''t help at all

[quote user="No Quarter"]It annoys me how he holds himself up as some bastion of the football club, as if people are going to hang on his every word, when in fact he''s just some bloke who doesnt go to the matches.  Its like me sitting on a speedway website going mental over what Kings Lynn are doing. [/quote]

You see? this is where your ignorance shines through, I do go to the odd game, not many, but I do get to Carrow Road, members can buy tickets too you know!

And a word to the wise sunshine, many on this message board can''t make games for various reasons, do you want to insult and shut them up too?