Sign in to follow this  
james norwich

Was that the most embarrassing press conference in history!!

The PR spin doctor chairman has gone only to be replaced by the bumbling old fart. Surley Delia should have taken the lead with her tv experience. It was like the balcony scene from the muppets. Where do we go from here??

[quote user="First Wizard"]Resembled a wake imo.[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking. This is the end..........there is no hope.

They certainly didn''t look positive.....and Michael certainly didn''t sound positive....It just looked and sounded - so visually and aurally...uncomfortable.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i couldnt understand a word MWJ was saying! he mumbles like hell!

jas :)

[/quote]

One thing he did mumble out was that Roger Munby is still a director at this moment. He hasnt gone yet

Whilst watching it I was wishing that Neil Doncaster was back just to add some life to the proceedings. Yes it was like a Wake.

The clubs dead , for christs sake we are talking about consolidating in league 1 .

[quote user="james norwich"]The PR spin doctor chairman has gone only to be replaced by the bumbling old fart. Surley Delia should have taken the lead with her tv experience. It was like the balcony scene from the muppets. Where do we go from here??[/quote]

Currently without a Chairman or a CEO.  Which, I believe, many of you wanted but, as always, be careful what you wish for.[;)]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="james norwich"]The PR spin doctor chairman has gone only to be replaced by the bumbling old fart. Surley Delia should have taken the lead with her tv experience. It was like the balcony scene from the muppets. Where do we go from here??[/quote]

Currently without a Chairman or a CEO.  Which, I believe, many of you wanted but, as always, be careful what you wish for.[;)]

[/quote]

What if we wished you''d stop posting? [;)]

Was it just me or did Delia look the pinacle of embarrassment during the conference?

[quote user="james norwich"]The PR spin doctor chairman has gone only to be replaced by the bumbling old fart. Surley Delia should have taken the lead with her tv experience. It was like the balcony scene from the muppets. Where do we go from here??[/quote]Yeap!!! it was like they were sacking gunn...not employing him!

Very cringeworthy, just a load of old farts looking like they didn''t want to be there and not having a clue what they are doing. And then we have Gunn saying that next season we will simply try and consolidate in division 1 with no sign of any ambition to do any better. I really am starting to think that there''s a real possibility we''ll be a non league team in the not to distant future with this lot running the club.

It was a curious thing, wasn''t it? Announcing a new manager is usually the precursor to fresh hopes and dreams for the fans, but this just reeked of doom and gloom  from the word go. Gunn''s appointment proves that we truly, truly have no money in the coffers. I''ve always taken the prospect of administration with a pinch of salt - believing that even though we may have been mis-managed in spectacular fashion, we were fundamentally solvent at the very least - but now I''m really not so sure. I wonder just how much further we can fall tbh.

Good God!That press conference was absolutely frightening. We''re going to get relegated again next season aren''t we? [:|]

It sounded like dead men walking.....

From a PR perspective you could sense how desperately the two main shareholders were missing Roger and Neil. I''m afraid Bryan Gunn doesn''t come across as a leader and, to be honest, the whole shebang had the air of a group of people who don''t know what the hell to do.

Quite why they needed to make a managerial appointment before the composition of the new Board is known is bewildering 

I really do feel that we''re in this Division for the long haul.

I can''t even bring myself to watch or listen to it, I know exactly what will be said without even needing to bother - its the same shi.... erm, the same Wark*, different day....Incidentally, regarding the points about Mumbles ''still'' being on the board, is it not likely that they made this decision way before they stepped down and have simply saved up the ''good news'' for after the ''bad news''.... except that, in once again completely misjudging the mood of the average NCFC fan, they''ve gotten them the wrong way around....* see the swearing thread for explanation

I disagree, Jones was excellent and spoke with precision and distinction and a degree of honesty... he should be the chairman I thinkGunn, Butterworth & Crook should be given their chance,

their passioin & loyalty is unquestionable....have we forgotten

this is a sport their are winners and losers, highs and lows and Roeder

left this club with it''s heart ripped out, we should get behind the

team and the club and rebuild for the future, relegation could be a

hard blessing in disguise....can''t see many managers taking on the task

with so little investment on the horizon especially given the economic

situation - we are in a reccessioin for God''s sake, we are in league

one and now we have to deal with it. Can''t believe how Delia is being

vilified if Smith and Jones pull out the club might go into

administration and then where would we be? Let''s get behind the club in

tough times they need the loyalty of the fans more than ever....better

days will come...when the going gets tough the tough get going lets

show them what we''re made of.

Exactly Smithy, the pair have scaled the heights in their time with a healthy back catalogue of scary/inappropriate/laughable moments, but yesterday was a prime example. You felt you were watching a very bad film made by a group of media studies students.

What must the rest of football be thinking? I suppose the only plus point is it may wake up a few more city fans to the real endemic problem at NCFC but I am not holding my breath.

In the end, I think the conference was as you would expect. They all look like a group of people who are gutted to be relegated to League One, thats how it should be.  I would be more suspicious of some amazingly upbeat conference, which would have been totally unbelieveable.  The truth is we and they are in a bad sitiuation and there is no magic wand.  You can comb this web page night and day and not find a single plausible solution to the situation based on the facts as they are presented.  Its time people woke up to what is really happening rather than being taken in by comforting fairy tales and rumours.  We are in league one, we will lose out best players, we will be managed by Gunn, we will have a very limited transfer budget, Delia will remain on the board and there is nothing we can do about it.  True crumbs of comfort are offered by the chance of seeing youngesters getting into the first team, having a team of contracted players and just maybe seeing a fat man with a bald head take us to the play-offs. 

It was a complete joke. At one stage, I wouldn''t of been surprised if it turned into a ''Little Britain'' sketch with Delia and MWJ urinating all over the floor without realising it. Now they''ve appointed Mr.Cheese and Biscuits as manager, why don''t they place him on the board as well? Make a real tragedy of it. What a shambles.

As I''ve said on other posts, you will get nowhere with 1000''s of the season ticket holders if you are offensive to D and MWJ, however I believe the route that should be taken is that they are two nice benefactors who have done their best, have now lost their way, and need to be helped to find a way out so that they can still be involved with the club but do not solely make the key business and football decisions. I think this is the process that the NCISA or any other faction should follow and that this would recieve majority support.How you get rid of them after that is anyone''s guess, but they have obviously had enough of the responsibility and the shrinking value of their ''investment''.   

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

What if we wished you''d stop posting? [;)]

Was it just me or did Delia look the pinacle of embarrassment during the conference?

[/quote]She must have been sober [:|]