Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

It must be bad when....

Normally when this club is relegated/has a bad patch followed by a mini-revival the optimists, believers, etc, flock to the message boards to remind us all that it''s all a mere '' blip '' and we''ll be back in our '' rightful place '' very soon.

Remember most of us thought we were only '' On loan to the Endsleigh League '' back in 1995 and some even said '' We''ve good a good chance of sneaking into the Play-Offs '' in Glenn Roeder''s miraculous first season in charge.

Well since relegation this time I don''t think there''s been a single poster on here who thinks we''ll cakewalk it  back to the Championship next term.

Things really must be bad...

I feel that we really have hit rock bottom now that we lose players to Cardiff as they feel it is a step upwards in class. For all of my football following life, I have always perceived Cardiff to be below us and lets face it they are only a championship side with a rather iffy financial history, What next a step up to Peterborough or Milton Keynes ?

Things are bad. We can all see that. My honest opinion is even our strongest team form last term before the departure of any players would no gain automatic promotion next season. I would doubt they would even make the play offs. I really think that.Is there a mentality problem though at our club that is as big a problem as the player quality. Do we know how to win away do we know how to prepare to win away. Are we going to prepare to try and win away next season or will our stance be as it has been since the Premiership season keep tight play to draw and if we nick a win then it''s bonus.I felt that under Worthington this was our game plan all along right up the when Huckerby and Crouch came and I also feel that it was there status and attitude that allowed us to change the away mentality for our promotion season. But we returned to that as soon as we where in the big league and have never turned it back.