Sign in to follow this  
SnakePit Lassy

GUNN IS MANAGER

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"]Come on guys n girls get behind gunn and co. I''m not sure why people dont want gunn to be manager, perhaps its because they expected some big manager but the truth is would you rather have a cheap manager and more money available for transfers or the other way round?Im fully behind gunn and i hope he brings sucess to norwich city [:)][/quote]A list of reasons why I don''t want Gunn to be manager:1) His first taste of managerial experience got us relegated to the lowest position in 50 years.2) Was head of recruitment for years, blaming our losses on cr*p players is simply further proof that he has no idea who to bring into the club.3) Has proven himself to be tactically inept by leaving substitutions too late and not being able to position players to their strengths.4) Cannot motivate the players, proven on multiple occasions this season.5) See 1)Hows that for a list?As for this "more money for players", LOOK AT OUR TRANSFER HISTORY IN THE PAST FEW YEARS!Do you HONESTLY think we are going to buy anyone remotely decent?!As may have just come across, I''m a tad angry.

One more thing. It says that the decision was ''endorsed'' by either Munby or Doncaster. Now regardless of what you make of the decision itself, what sort of way to run a business is that? Two directors resign, admitting that they have failed, but before they do so they are allowed a say in the most important decision a club makes?

"So, Neil, you''ve been utterly rubbish and we think you should resign. But choose the manager on your way out, will you?"

Unbe-f***ing-lievable.

[quote user="chris_sabian"]Furious. It is clear managers with little experience have not worked for us in the past, and on the basis of last season Gunn is no different. Was a club legend but this is a big mistake.
Surely if no more drastic changes are made to the board within the next few days and if money isn''t invested, this club is dead.
[/quote]

Walker, Stringer, Brown

I see this as a possible case of experiencing short term pain for a long term gain.  If it all goes tits up next season then it will surely be the final nail in the coffin of the Stowmarket two and their associated cronies.I wish Gunny all the luck in the world but this appointment is naive at best.  Seems like a final roll of the dice by Delia, desperate times indeed....

Just heard the decision and cannot believe it (although I really shouldn''t be suprised!!) This really was an opportunity to start afresh and get someone in who knew what they were doing.  Instead, we reward failure (which begs the question how badly would they have had to have done to not get the job??!!)

It really is hard to fathom how such a poor decision can be made on the back of so many previously bad decisions (regardless of how little the powers that be know about football!)  How sensible it must be to turn the supporters against the management team before a ball is even kicked of the new season. 

There will be a ''black cloud'' lingering over Carrow Road come August and I, with so many others, have lost that wave of optimism that had been buzzing around just a few hours ago.  I am really not looking forward to next season, expect the atmosphere to be very sour unless they have a spectacular start and let''s face it that is very unlikely.

Roll on the new NFL season!

im absolutly f*ucking livid at the moment, i cant believe theve gone and f*ucking done it AGAIN!!!!grant, roeder and now gunn for f*uck sake are they trying to relegate us to non league football .got sacked today aswell ,fucking great day.

are we already the laughing stock of league one ? I wish him the best but just confirms to me that my decision not to renew my season ticket was just

If you were the board would you ..

a - listen to the near 25,000 fans that attend games

or

b - disregard their opinions and make a decision based on your own personal opinion x 3 plus a further member who is has just left as a result of incompetence ?

A quick tot up of posts on here so far indicates 57 against and 6 in favour of the appointment. I think that answers the question folks !

One thing that is painfully obvious is that we have no funding whatsoever, hence why he''s been kept on. For better or for worse, at least the appointment is out of the way now. Crook and Butterworth are good coaches and they could make the difference. I don''t agree with the appointment, but it appears to me as if the board literally had no other choice. Perhaps the other candidates in question didn''t even bother to take an interest. Would you with a club that has no money? I say give him at least a month or two. If it really isn''t still working out after this then there''s at least still time to regroup. 

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="CT "]

Welcome to league 2

[:@]

[/quote]

Don''t worry CT I''m sure we''ve got at least a couple seasons in League 1 mid table mediocrity.
[/quote]

More like ...

Don''t worry CT. After your ''inside information'' comes true and a takeover involving a consortium of 3 wealthy people come true it will all be fine [Y]

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear ... my worst fear, that Smith and Jones haven''t learned a single over the last 10 years, has now been confirmed.

This club is an absolute joke at the moment ... who else would embrace, welcome and reward failure in quite the way that we do?! ... when a further relegation to division ''4'' is mentioned many scoff ... but now I consider it a real possibility.

RIP Norwich City FC

[quote user="sig"]

Just heard the decision and cannot believe it (although I really shouldn''t be suprised!!) This really was an opportunity to start afresh and get someone in who knew what they were doing.  Instead, we reward failure (which begs the question how badly would they have had to have done to not get the job??!!)

It really is hard to fathom how such a poor decision can be made on the back of so many previously bad decisions (regardless of how little the powers that be know about football!)  How sensible it must be to turn the supporters against the management team before a ball is even kicked of the new season. 

There will be a ''black cloud'' lingering over Carrow Road come August and I, with so many others, have lost that wave of optimism that had been buzzing around just a few hours ago.  I am really not looking forward to next season, expect the atmosphere to be very sour unless they have a spectacular start and let''s face it that is very unlikely.

Roll on the new NFL season!

[/quote]I thought there were many parallels between Forests recent woes and Norwich, but I think Norwich may have just aced us ... What a crazy decision!PS Sig, I think I sit next to you (guess who!)....

[quote user="Salahuddin"]It certainly shows just what a dictatorship this is as Gunn can be appointed by a Board missing two key members (including one Chairman ffs!)[/quote]

Well summed up.....

It stinks of nepotism and a petty minded seige mentality......

I''ve long said that Smith views the average City fan with contempt.... a necessary evil. Here is proof if ever it were needed.

Heartbroken. What else is there to say?This club is dying. The most gut wrenching part is that it''s a slow suicide that we can all see but are powerless to prevent.

Crying [:''(]

[quote user=""]

Irrespective of what the fans think of him (which is not a lot).  It is a PR disaster.

If he was the right man then he should have been appointed straight away.  To do it like this makes it look ridiculous.

Is anyone at the tiller on this sinking ship?

[/quote]

I was on one of the first couple of lifeboats launched several years ago when we first sprang a leak and it was clear to see that it was going to turn in to a gaping whole from that moment onwards FACE.

We have seen the time to sink or swim so it seems.

At this moment in time I am absolutely amazed that there still appears to be several thousand Crazy City fans prepared to go down with the ship.

Captain Delia and Vice Captain Wynn Jones are hiding in the ships hull hoping and praying that they may still ride out this storm while a few thousand clowns are still applauding the saviour of the ship in the ballroom oblivious to their watery grave.

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]Simply unbelievable.  Rewarding failure based on little more than sentiment.  I love Gunny but this decision has left me disgusted.The club does NOT need ''passion'' or ''fighting spirit'' it needs QUALIFIED, EXPERIENCED LEADERSHIP with more of an idea of what will change from last season than ''fewer loans''.[/quote]I saw precious little evidence of Gunn being able to impart ''passion'' or ''fighting spirit'' in his 19 games in charge - when the chips were down the team didn''t give a damn. This is a stupid decision which will result in our spending far longer in league one that we ought to.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]The decision is made now, lets get behind him. If Delia was to sell up we may well find that a new owner wants a new management team anyway, so in some ways it makes sense to stick with Bryan and his team, rather than recruiting a new manager only for a new owner to change it once again. We also need to get restructuring the squad straight away, not be waiting a month while the board goes through aload of interviews. I am pretty confident that this team will bring in the right players, even if they were found wanting in motivating the current squad at the end of the season. I''d much rather the emphasis on changing the club be at board level and getting a new buyer in before we let the current board be responsible for getting yet another manager in.[/quote]

Good points (except the lets get behind him bit), but why give him a contract???

Gunn or any other manager who was to be given the job at this moment in time should of been given it on a caretaker basis only until new majority shareholders were found.

[quote user="Chewbacca"]PATHETIC![/quote]

thats not what you said in teh Barclay at the Reading game!

jas :)

[quote user="WiMMiT"]

I''m pleased.  I don''t understand how people are SO upset?

At worst, you can only be undecided about Gunn, yet the vitriol directed at Gunn on here is ridiculous!

[/quote]Most people who post on this message board don''t have a clue about the realities of football they jump from one knee jerk reaction to another.I can''t how the people directing such vitriol towards gunn call themselves real norwich fans. Mind you i bet a fair proportion of them had never been near carrow road before we got promoted.

[quote user="Smudger"]

I was on one of the first couple of lifeboats launched several years ago when we first sprang a leak and it was clear to see that it was going to turn in to a gaping whole from that moment onwards FACE.

[/quote]You were on the first lifeboat? How brave, sir. How brave! xxx

Looking at it as an outsider from Barnsley it doesn''t seem a great appointment-I said at the time of his appointment that the 4-0 stuffing of us would have happened with mickey mouse in charge-it seemed to me that someone with experience of a relegation struggle was needed-not a brand new manager who-if he had wanted such a role would surely have tried his luck before now? We are currently suffering from a divided camp-Davey out v give him til Xmas-not sure who will win as our sugardaddy P cryne has yet to decide-my guess is he stays for the time being-

with regard to League 1 - 8 points from the first 5 games should see you safe-believe me I''ve done the stats!!

good luck-at least you know you''ll have a fullish ground-our attendances were poor after relegation

The appointment of Gunn as our new manager is an absolute disgrace!!! it stinks of cheap wages and an easy target if it goes wrong! surely with the amount of fans against his appointment they could''ve interviewed others and looked round for some experience??? What did he do last season to show any reason why he should be manager this season??? He chucked Pattison, Cureton and Fotheringham out of the team and played a bunch of passionless pointless loanee''s out of position with no structure, made the wrong substitutions if any, and kept changing the team week in week out!!! Now we''re relying on players like Pattison and Cureton for next season but how will they now playafter the way they''ve been disregarded for the shit we bought in??? A fresh start was needed including the manager and coaches, passion doesn''t win you football games otherwise we''d all be managers!!! We''ve got a squad stripped down to it''s bear bones with no money to spend, but yeah at least we have a lot of youth players we just need the right man to get them going and i really don''t think Gunn is, he''s had his chance and blew it big time. [:@][:@][:@]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]I can''t how the people directing such vitriol towards gunn call themselves real norwich fans. [/quote]FFS sake, this is no time to pull the "superior fan" BS.Tell me, do you support this appointment? If so, why? Please cite some *evidence* that indicates Bryan Gunn has the skills, leadership ability and/or experience to get us promoted.....you can''t, can you? Because he doesn''t.Recap of the decision''s context:
  • Playing in Division Three for the first time in half a century
  • Owning half a team, many of whom will be desperate to follow Croft and Marshall out the door
  • No executive management in either business or football
  • No money
  • 20+ million debt
  • A totally inexperienced Sherrif of Norwich/ex goalkeeper as manager, whose only CV entry is an abject relegation

The club does seem to be truly dying.

Absolutely spot on Fernando!!!I think the Norwich fans who actually know about football and what it takes to suceed all think the same about this appointment, DISGRACEFUL