Sign in to follow this  
SnakePit Lassy

GUNN IS MANAGER

[quote user="Gunn the Leech"]Just hope when the Scottish twat fucks up again he gets his backside out of the club for good , freeloading waster.[/quote]There swiftly goes his legend status. Self interest before that of the club.Gunn is a t0sser now!

Another 3-4 years of mid-table and relegation scraps ahead, then it will be League 2 here we come!Delia out!

[quote user="The Judge"]

Just shows who has been making all the major decisions all along then doesn''t it. So for those who though Smith and Jones just took a back seat and left the running of the club to Doncaster / Munby - think again.

She and the vision she has had for this club is the reason we are debt ridden, haven''t got a squad to talk of, and why we got relegated. Its not that i''m saying Doncaster and Munby are blame free, they just obviously agreed with everything she said and wanted..

Unfortunately until new majority shareholders are found we will only continue to head in one direction - and we all know what that is. 

[/quote]

I really feared this when I saw Doomcaster and Munby had left. Don''t get me wrong i think that Doncaster had to go for various reasons but this kind of sentimental clap trap decision comes from one source and one source only!

We had better get off to an incredible winning start to next season.  If we don''t things will turn faster and nastier than I think even back to the Chase days.  Gunn''s reputation is going to be ruined by this.

Furious. It is clear managers with little experience have not worked for us in the past, and on the basis of last season Gunn is no different. Was a club legend but this is a big mistake.Surely if no more drastic changes are made to the board within the next few days and if money isn''t invested, this club is dead.

Even if it works it will be nothing other than a complete fluke. I sincerely hope he does turn it around but it will be more luck than judgment and is one hell of a gamble for us to take!

In my opinion this is the wrong decision and certainly not the one I wanted.

However, the decision has been made and will not change.

Only option now is to get behind Gunn and his team and just maybe they might just prove us all wrong.

[quote user="CT "]

Welcome to league 2

[:@]

[/quote]Don''t worry CT I''m sure we''ve got at least a couple seasons in League 1 mid table mediocrity.

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]Simply unbelievable.  Rewarding failure based on little more than sentiment.  I love Gunny but this decision has left me disgusted.

The club does NOT need ''passion'' or ''fighting spirit'' it needs QUALIFIED, EXPERIENCED LEADERSHIP with more of an idea of what will change from last season than ''fewer loans''.[/quote]

Cant put my feelings any better than this post.

I am finding it harder and harder to support this club, when I can no longer stand its board and most of its players.

DELIA OUT!

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Nothing to say we have to get behind Gunn , in fact i hope we lose the first 10 games to get this pathetic individual out of the club .
[/quote]

I can''t quite back that but I might after a pint or two

I''m happy.  When he surprises you by this time next year, I hope you curmudgeons will own up. Gunny will do well for us. He''s no Premiership manager, but surely a League One/Colaship one.

What a joke!!!

Delia, Wynn Jones and Gunn will see us releagted to the 4th Division (Div 2).

We will be in administration before this season is out.

Nothing has been learnt... still putting themselves before the people of Norfolk and NCFC.

We should of employed a manager on a caretaker basis while they sorted out the shambles in the boardroom over the next few months.

Once administration has finally forced Delia & Wynn Jones out our new majority shareholder will now have to find the money to pay off another of their managers that have failed and employing a new manager before they can give him a penny to spend on building a team.

WE ARE A JOKE!!!

[quote user="The Judge"]

Just shows who has been making all the major decisions all along then doesn''t it. So for those who though Smith and Jones just took a back seat and left the running of the club to Doncaster / Munby - think again.

She and the vision she has had for this club is the reason we are debt ridden, haven''t got a squad to talk of, and why we got relegated. Its not that i''m saying Doncaster and Munby are blame free, they just obviously agreed with everything she said and wanted..

Unfortunately until new majority shareholders are found we will only continue to head in one direction - and we all know what that is. 

[/quote]

I think is is unreal. Bryan Gunn and his team take Norwich down so you extend their contract by a year and step down N.D. & R.M. I should not be at all surprised if  the latter did not step down because of the pending appointment of Bryan Gunn. With their experience they would have realised that the way back up was not thru Gunn.

Another season of in-fighting beckons, well done Delia!

Come on guys n girls get behind gunn and co. I''m not sure why people dont want gunn to be manager, perhaps its because they expected some big manager but the truth is would you rather have a cheap manager and more money available for transfers or the other way round?Im fully behind gunn and i hope he brings sucess to norwich city [:)]

This a simply staggering decision, but all the more depressing for being so predictable.

It just confirms that Norwich City is a great football club run by well-meaning amateurs who are out of their depth.

I really hope Gunn proves me wrong - I have nothing against him personally - but there is no way in the world that he is the best man for the job, even in our current circumstances. Would any other league club appoint him?

The decision is made now, lets get behind him. If Delia was to sell up we may well find that a new owner wants a new management team anyway, so in some ways it makes sense to stick with Bryan and his team, rather than recruiting a new manager only for a new owner to change it once again. We also need to get restructuring the squad straight away, not be waiting a month while the board goes through aload of interviews. I am pretty confident that this team will bring in the right players, even if they were found wanting in motivating the current squad at the end of the season. I''d much rather the emphasis on changing the club be at board level and getting a new buyer in before we let the current board be responsible for getting yet another manager in.

I''m absolutely sickened. Mortified in fact. For those few posters backing this decision EXPLAIN THIS ...

19 games in charge + 9 players brought in + inheriting a squad out of the bottom three for 12 months = spineless performances and relegation.

Just when we need an experienced, battlehardened leader we get Mr Nice who has achieved NOTHING in management apart from relegation.

Even if it was just to lift the club we should have brought in a fresh man. Gunn will see us finish around 13th next year and leave half way through the following season with the club sitting in 17th. HE WOULD NEVER GET APPOINTED AT ANY OTHER FOOTBALL LEAGUE CLUB IF A JOB AROSE.

SO ANGRY [:@][:@][:@]