Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

Bryan Gunn's appointment

Despite having huge respect for Bryan as a person/player, the question is, is he a motivator? I''m afraid the answer lies in the performance of Messrs Clingan, Russell etc in the last game of the season - not loan players, people whose futures depended upon success in that game. We all know what happened. I fear for the future of this Club!

Have you heard the interviews he does? They are morose and clueless. I''d get more motivation from a dead dog. This '' I don''t know what I''m doing, but I''m willing to learn'' stuff is embarrassing.

We''ve got about a much chance as being successful under Gunn as him having a full head of hair. Yes, that much.

[quote user="John Page"]Despite having huge respect for Bryan as a person/player, the question is, is he a motivator? I''m afraid the answer lies in the performance of Messrs Clingan, Russell etc in the last game of the season - not loan players, people whose futures depended upon success in that game. We all know what happened. I fear for the future of this Club!
[/quote]

This is exactly what terrifies me about next season. When the heads drop because teams packed with 9 footers dig trenches infront of their goal for 90 minutes at Carrow Road and we can''t break through and when we get bullied off the ball and kicked off the pitch on drain drenched evenings at Huddersfield and Hartlepool will Gunn have enough to fire the boys up and keep morale high?

We were so pathetically prepared mentally for Reading and Charlton despite Gunn''s gusto that I fear not. With him in charge we will be anchored in League One for at least the foreeable future.

Gunn, Butterworth & Crook should be given their chance,

their passioin & loyalty is unquestionable....have we forgotten

this is a sport their are winners and losers, highs and lows and Roeder

left this club with it''s heart ripped out, we should get behind the

team and the club and rebuild for the future, relegation could be a

hard blessing in disguise....can''t see many managers taking on the task

with so little investment on the horizon especially given the economic

situation - we are in a reccessioin for God''s sake, we are in league

one and now we have to deal with it. Can''t believe how Delia is being

vilified if Smith and Jones pull out the club might go into

administration and then where would we be? Let''s get behind the club in

tough times they need the loyalty of the fans more than ever....better

days will come...when the going gets tough the tough get going lets

show them what we''re made of.

[quote user="shareholder-fairy"]Gunn, Butterworth & Crook should be given their chance, their passioin & loyalty is unquestionable....have we forgotten this is a sport their are winners and losers, highs and lows and Roeder left this club with it''s heart ripped out, we should get behind the team and the club and rebuild for the future, relegation could be a hard blessing in disguise....can''t see many managers taking on the task with so little investment on the horizon especially given the economic situation - we are in a reccessioin for God''s sake, we are in league one and now we have to deal with it. Can''t believe how Delia is being vilified if Smith and Jones pull out the club might go into administration and then where would we be? Let''s get behind the club in tough times they need the loyalty of the fans more than ever....better days will come...when the going gets tough the tough get going lets show them what we''re made of.
[/quote]

It''s not about loyalty and goodwill, it''s about management skills!!!! I''m not convinced ''bout that at all...