Sign in to follow this  
Blue

Article on Tractor-boys FYI

Thought you might want to read this:

On Monday I flew to Ireland(Belfast) to visit family and who should be on the same plane as me but the one and only ex manager Nigel worthy
me being me I couldn''t help myself but have a little gloat only to have nigel openly come forthwith with info on his time there in the later stages and some very interesting info on his time there.
as well as his opinion on jim and our captain mckualy .
first to come to light was how much money he had to try and get Norwich back to the prem 4.7mil was quoted then came the real shocker ish
Norwich had 30 mil gained for going up 15 mil in royalties 20 mil in property sales and then the parachute and player sale money of £20mil
giving a total of £85 mil
I couldn''t help but ask how much did you actually spend then when in the prem his words not mine around the 14mil mark and 4.7mil whist relegated so i said so where''s the rest of it
and i quote "I asked the same question to the board and chief executive"
you and the board good friends I said sarcastically in which worthy smiled.
i then mentioned about the narwich fans wanting to sack the board he said again I quote "well for one they need to get rid of the chief executive"
I said what about delia? and I quote "she needs to stop drinking first" I laughed and mentioned the rant and how soccer am had done their out take on i.
I also asked if he knew much about it of which worthy said "thank god i was in the dressing room at the time, some of the players actually hid from her if they knew she was coming down to the training ground"
again i found this highly amusing with images of players hiding in the bushes or in the loo''s Laughing
I then got on the subject or jim and his time here as well as macualy I said in his opinion did he ever think jim would get Ipswich up not a chance was the reply i mentioned about how in my opinion macaully was not a captain and should never hold that role at Ipswich worthy said again i quote" he''s a good CB but no he should have never been captain"
as for jim worthy only said this " jim was a great player but clearly lacks the ability to man manage at the moment. he needs to learn his trade in the non league clubs"
worthy also felt that he wasn''t given enough time to turn Norwich round and feels that if he had been their now they would have not got relegated. as worthy said players were hung over from getting relegated from the prem and some didn''t want to be at Norwich which made his job harder.

for me this goes to show how a club can go from top flight to doldrums if you have a board that takes more than is given

Today, 9:36 AM

Blue is not online. Last active: 21/04/2009 08:50:29 Blue

Not Ranked
Joined on 17/06/2008
Posts 60

Article on Tractor-boys FYI

Reply Quote

Thought you might want to read this:

On Monday I flew to Ireland(Belfast) to visit family and who should be on the same plane as me but the one and only ex manager Nigel worthy
me being me I couldn''t help myself but have a little gloat only to have nigel openly come forthwith with info on his time there in the later stages and some very interesting info on his time there.
as well as his opinion on jim and our captain mckualy .
first to come to light was how much money he had to try and get Norwich back to the prem 4.7mil was quoted then came the real shocker ish
Norwich had 30 mil gained for going up 15 mil in royalties 20 mil in property sales and then the parachute and player sale money of £20mil
giving a total of £85 mil
I couldn''t help but ask how much did you actually spend then when in the prem his words not mine around the 14mil mark and 4.7mil whist relegated so i said so where''s the rest of it
and i quote "I asked the same question to the board and chief executive"
you and the board good friends I said sarcastically in which worthy smiled.
i then mentioned about the narwich fans wanting to sack the board he said again I quote "well for one they need to get rid of the chief executive"
I said what about delia? and I quote "she needs to stop drinking first" I laughed and mentioned the rant and how soccer am had done their out take on i.
I also asked if he knew much about it of which worthy said "thank god i was in the dressing room at the time, some of the players actually hid from her if they knew she was coming down to the training ground"
again i found this highly amusing with images of players hiding in the bushes or in the loo''s

VERY INTERESTING BLUE

!!!THE MISSING MILLIONS !!!

WORTHY HAD HER SUMMED UP