Sign in to follow this  
yellow 63

non league within 5 years

after the events of this week can see it happening couple of seasons in League 1 relegation,administration points deduction  Luton style, well done Delia job done

This fact says it all: it''s no longer possible to dismiss the sort of apocalyptic prediction above with a hearty laugh. After all, we''ve seen it happen elsewhere.Those who still deny the depth of the abyss we face into, consider our majority shareholders'' utter lack of leadership, the gradual decay of footballing knowledge at all levels of the club, and our perilous financial position. Be sure, the ingredients are there for total meltdown.

I''d love to laugh this off as another ludicrous thread started by a member of the knee-jerk-reactionists......But after witnessing the very real demise of Luton Town, and the complete financial mess clubs like Southampton have found themselves in, it''s something we really shouldn''t be joking about.After all, back in 2004 when we were hitting teams for five on our way to the Premiership, who''d have thought five years later we''d be in Division 3 with a hospitality man given the managers job?

[quote user="Beds Canary"]I''d love to laugh this off as another ludicrous thread started by a member of the knee-jerk-reactionists...

...But after witnessing the very real demise of Luton Town, and the complete financial mess clubs like Southampton have found themselves in, it''s something we really shouldn''t be joking about.

After all, back in 2004 when we were hitting teams for five on our way to the Premiership, who''d have thought five years later we''d be in Division 3 with a hospitality man given the managers job?
[/quote]

i wish i could just laugh off what i posted but after 40 years of following this club a distinct possibility imo, as for getting down the bookies don''t gamble myself but if someone can get the price for a non league slot within 5 years please put it up

[quote user="yellow 63"]after the events of this week can see it happening couple of seasons in League 1 relegation,administration points deduction  Luton style, well done Delia job done[/quote]

don''t be so dramatic

[quote user="barryevans"]

[quote user="yellow 63"]after the events of this week can see it happening couple of seasons in League 1 relegation,administration points deduction  Luton style, well done Delia job done[/quote]

don''t be so dramatic

[/quote]

well where do you expect us to be in 5 years then ?

I wasn''t dismissing it as a possibility, I was merely pointing out that those who are that confident might want to make some money out of it, just as you would if you were that confident about the winner or a horse race. [Y]

[quote user="yellow 63"][quote user="barryevans"]

don''t be so dramatic

[/quote]

well where do you expect us to be in 5 years then ?

[/quote]

mot sure but try being positive