Sign in to follow this  
TerryTibbs

Gunn - End of the Legend

I wish it had not come to this but..he is showing self interest before that of the club. He should not have been considered and he should not have accepted.He is no longer a legend.

And that''s it is it? You''ve spoken so it must be true?

I am against the appointment of Gunn however will back him and hope he proves me wrong. If people had their way nearly 20 years ago, Ferguson would have left United.

As i said, I didn''t want Gunn but I think your comment is a little spur of the moment.

[quote user="Destort"]

I am against the appointment of Gunn however will back him and hope he proves me wrong. If people had their way nearly 20 years ago, Ferguson would have left United.

As i said, I didn''t want Gunn but I think your comment is a little spur of the moment.

[/quote]

Nail on the head.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Never was a legend just an average keeper who gained a lot of sympathy and has been playing on it ever since.
[/quote]

He was not an ''Average Goalkeeper''  he was far from it

although i do not agree with him being manager

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Never was a legend just an average keeper who gained a lot of sympathy and has been playing on it ever since.[/quote]On his day Gunn was a top class keeper who could have played in virtually all of the top prem teams at the time (Obviously behind legends like Seaman and Schmeichel).As for the second part of your post, I''m too angry and disgusted at the comment I can''t even post a reasoned response to it.He''s only been officially appointed as manager an hour or so ago, and already the shit throwing has started with a vengeance...

[quote user="ricky knight"]Keelan, Woods, Green all better then Gunn imo.[/quote]Maybe so Ricky (although not sure about Greeno tbh), but being fair, it''s actually something that we as a club have been strong in compared to many others.At the time, we''d have struggled to find a better keeper than Gunny from anywhere but a top class side such as Man Utd, Arsenal, Milan etc.

Loan City Fc wrote:

"Never was a legend just an average keeper who gained a lot of sympathy and has been playing on it ever since."
What a load of nonsense. In his day he could have played for most Prem teams. As for sympathy? I have never read such a load of rubbish. The sooner people back him now, the better. He is the manager and thats that. Sniping, moaning and insulting is a pointless excercise and of no help to the team.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Feking arrogant, self centered git..........and thats being polite!

I pray this all goes tits up.

F*ck off Gunn.[/quote]Arrogant and self-centered for stepping up when we were in deep shit and for trying his best despite a clearly lacking side?

Why should he not accept the job when offered? He''s got some great experience behind him with Crook, Butters and Dixie, is well respected by many in the game, and seems to have a fairly decent eye for signings during his short initial tenure.

HOWEVER...

I can fully understand people not wanting Gunn appointed, and I also agree that I''d have probably looked at someone like Gannon before considering Gunn, but the choice has been made and it''s out of our hands.

We desperately need to get back up to the CCC ASAP, and praying it goes tits up will just put us in an even worse position.

Short of major changes truly outside our ability to alter, we just need to hope and pray that it works out, and give the relevant support as fans at least to begin with.

F*ck off Gunn.

[/quote] Me too Wizz hate the sight and sound of Gunn more than Roeder , sooner he falls flat on his face the better , legend my arse.

He remains a legend and will do whatever happens. Its not his fault. I completely disagree with this appointment but i very much hope I am proved wrong and wish Gunn all the best as our new manager. Nothing we can do about it now other than back the team next season. Does not stop us making our feelings known to the decision makers in the meantime but another season of infighting will do us no good whatsoever.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Never was a legend just an average keeper who gained a lot of sympathy and has been playing on it ever since.[/quote]What a joke - how old are you 16?Gunn is and will remain a legend as a player - whether he becomes a legend for his football management is an altogether different manager.He is still the best keeper we have had at this club in the last 15-20 years. Yes - he was even better than Green. He had all of the attributes - commanded the box, imposing, good in the air, good shot stopper and good kicker (appart from that one down the road on a bobbly pitch).Lets move on.

[/quote]

Good introduction about yourself wiz, that should be your signature.

This is a huge, huge opportunity missed.  A chance to dab a silver (or at least shiny grey) lining around the black clouds of relegation to League One.  Us, Charlton, Southampton are the big boys of our division now, and our approach to the coming season should have reflected that. 

We had the opportunity to bully whatever side we wanted into letting us poach their manager, just as we should be playing as nasty as possible in the transfer market, unsettling players we fancy at every opportunity and grabbing highly-rated youngsters at prices horribly unreflective of the work that has gone into developing them with beefy contracts (for this level, anyway). A chance to say ''we cocked up folks, and we''re sorry.  But we''re doing all this to put it right.''  First things first, before even Doncaster and Munby went, should have been a statement of the boards intent to seek a new manager.  Do whatever you like with Gunny (personally I''d have stuck him in the boardroom) but he and us should have been informed at the first opportunity that his contract was to end as planned.  

I applaud Gunny for sticking his neckout and taking on the challenge, but he failed.  His story should have ended there. 

If you put yourself in the board''s shoes it makes perfect sense. Who is better placed to conduct a fire sale, and work with no money without complaint, building a sustainable youth production line (for Peterborough) and who loves the club more than is good for him? Good luck Bryan, you''ll need it! oh, and could you brush up on tactics and that sort of thing.......

He''s still got no hair

and the board still don''t care

Bryan Bryan Gunn.

Despite owning a copy of Gunn''s book, I can not bring myself to read it at the moment if ever, so can anyone tell me if any Premier league team ever tried to sign Gunn whilst we had him ? Somehow I doubt it as he would have been sold wouldn''t he ?

[quote user="John Morlar"]Despite owning a copy of Gunn''s book, I can not bring myself to read it at the moment if ever, so can anyone tell me if any Premier league team ever tried to sign Gunn whilst we had him ? Somehow I doubt it as he would have been sold wouldn''t he ?[/quote]When you are in the top five in the prem its pretty easy to keep hold of players. By the time it came to relegation he was already nearing the end of his career and was loyal and committed enough to want to stay.You are talking about an era of football without the masses of money that are involved now. Sutton was the first £5million player in this country. Agents do all the talking these days - as we know, they flaunt their players to anyone and everyone to see if there is any interest when a pay cut may be involved.Why question his ability as a player if it is doubts about his management skills that you are trying to have a dig at? Is there not enough there already to question that?

FFS… am I happy about Mr Gunn being made manager? No.Do I think they have taken the easy and cheap option? Yes!But to start some of the cr*p about losing his legend status and milking general goodwill through the loss of his daughter really does beggar belief.Have a word with yourselves boys, cos you''re all acting and sounding like a bunch of spoilt brats. And as for the senior gentleman amongst you, Mr Wizard, you really are a class A wa*ker and no mistake.Pfhtt…[:@]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Never was a legend just an average keeper who gained a lot of sympathy and has been playing on it ever since.
[/quote]

I''m afraid you''re right......

God help us thats all I can say.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="First Wizard"]

F*ck off Gunn.

[/quote] Me too Wizz hate the sight and sound of Gunn more than Roeder , sooner he falls flat on his face the better , legend my arse.
[/quote]What a pair of absolute dickheads. Why dont you stick your typing fingers up your jacksies and emigrate to suffolk?

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="First Wizard"]

F*ck off Gunn.

[/quote] Me too Wizz hate the sight and sound of Gunn more than Roeder , sooner he falls flat on his face the better , legend my arse.[/quote]Seriously, you two are making it really hard not to respond to your posts without insulting you.Gunn an ''arrogant, self centered git''? Are you really that bloody stupid and naive?''i pray this all goes tits up'' - Oh thats funny, i thought you were a Norwich fan! Nevermind hey!''sooner he falls flat on his face the better'' - Why? Wouldn''t it be much better if he became successful and we won the league next season? Or am i missing something. Oh nope, i''m just thinking logically.

[quote user="barclay46"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="First Wizard"]

F*ck off Gunn.

[/quote] Me too Wizz hate the sight and sound of Gunn more than Roeder , sooner he falls flat on his face the better , legend my arse.[/quote]What a pair of absolute dickheads. Why dont you stick your typing fingers up your jacksies and emigrate to suffolk?[/quote] Well at least they have a football team in Suffolk , just a fucking circus here in Norfolk .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="barclay46"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="First Wizard"]

F*ck off Gunn.

[/quote] Me too Wizz hate the sight and sound of Gunn more than Roeder , sooner he falls flat on his face the better , legend my arse.[/quote]What a pair of absolute dickheads. Why dont you stick your typing fingers up your jacksies and emigrate to suffolk?[/quote] Well at least they have a football team in Suffolk , just a fucking circus here in Norfolk .[/quote]Well, do what he said then!

No thanks would rather stay and see the removal of the lame duck Scotsman who is manager of Norwich City for no other reason than he has been getting sympathy off this club for 20 odd years.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]No thanks would rather stay and see the removal of the lame duck Scotsman who is manager of Norwich City for no other reason than he has been getting sympathy off this club for 20 odd years.[/quote]Haha! Again, do you not want to see him succeed? I do. Cause well..i don''t know how to put it any better other than...i support Norwich.Although, i like how much he''s got under your skin, it certainly makes me feel happier about the situation. You feel the need to insult him in every post you make regarding him, it''s really quite pathetic, but like i said, also quite funny.

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"][quote user="Destort"]

[/quote]

Nail on the head.

[/quote]

But hadn''t Fergie managed three clubs, won the Scottish title and a European cup? I fail to see the similarity with Gunn

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Loan City Fc "]No thanks would rather stay and see the removal of the lame duck Scotsman who is manager of Norwich City for no other reason than he has been getting sympathy off this club for 20 odd years.[/quote]Haha! Again, do you not want to see him succeed? I do. Cause well..i don''t know how to put it any better other than...i support Norwich.Although, i like how much he''s got under your skin, it certainly makes me feel happier about the situation. You feel the need to insult him in every post you make regarding him, it''s really quite pathetic, but like i said, also quite funny.[/quote] No i would quite happily swap losing the first 10 games to see him sacked , in fact his sacking will probably be the high point of the season.