Sign in to follow this  
gsr600

unexperienced manager and why people seem to think that gunn is going to fail because of lack of experience

Roberto di matteo 1 season in management result play off,

nigel adkins scunthorpe only expereince management as player/manager before scunthorpe was with bangor winning two league of wales titles before play offs with scunthorpe,

paul ince, won promotion and won football league trophy,

all the above are very good league one managers who have had little or no experience at management when taking these roles and have succeeded so why cant gunn become a very successful league one manager, i agree he''s not up to standard of championship management but who''s to say the likes of robbin''s etc are gonna get us back there, remember we''ve had a experienced manager come in and look what happened there and we''ve also had a inexperienced a manager come in and again that was a disaster but not every manager is like grant and roeder, my god not every manager is like fergie or wenger either

do u think that MK dons regret giving a chance to a inexperienced manager or even scunthorpe.

experience doesn''t always count for everything, roy keane was inexperienced, as was mark hughes and steve bruce at one point as was alex ferguson and look at the careers they''ve carved out, every experienced manager has to start out somewhere , stick it out, and i''m sure and god damn am i hoping success comes again to our club, and if it doesn''t then ill be happy to join in any protest deemed necessary to bring the changes that are going to make that success come again.

and to anyone i offended yesterday with my language or my views i apologise but i will still be discussing my opinion albeit from now on in a more mannered and polite way,

but heated debate and loving our club no matter what happens is what we all as fans have in common and lets focus our anger on the one true thing that has really brought our glorious club to its knees the stowmarket two.

so gunn out no delia out hell yeah

if we have a poor start to the season then gunn out hell yeah

The majority of them has some experience coaching or being a number 2 though. Gunn only has about a month as a stand in Goalkeeping coach. And he has experience of getting a team relegated

[quote user="Royal Anglian all the way"]Roberto di matteo 1 season in management result play off, nigel adkins scunthorpe only expereince management as player/manager before scunthorpe was with bangor winning two league of wales titles before play offs with scunthorpe, paul ince, won promotion and won football league trophy, all the above are very good league one managers who have had little or no experience at management when taking these roles and have succeeded so why cant gunn become a very successful league one manager, i agree he''s not up to standard of championship management but who''s to say the likes of robbin''s etc are gonna get us back there, remember we''ve had a experienced manager come in and look what happened there and we''ve also had a inexperienced a manager come in and again that was a disaster but not every manager is like grant and roeder, my god not every manager is like fergie or wenger either do u think that MK dons regret giving a chance to a inexperienced manager or even scunthorpe. experience doesn''t always count for everything, roy keane was inexperienced, as was mark hughes and steve bruce at one point as was alex ferguson and look at the careers they''ve carved out, every experienced manager has to start out somewhere , stick it out, and i''m sure and god damn am i hoping success comes again to our club, and if it doesn''t then ill be happy to join in any protest deemed necessary to bring the changes that are going to make that success come again. and to anyone i offended yesterday with my language or my views i apologise but i will still be discussing my opinion albeit from now on in a more mannered and polite way, but heated debate and loving our club no matter what happens is what we all as fans have in common and lets focus our anger on the one true thing that has really brought our glorious club to its knees the stowmarket two. so gunn out no delia out hell yeah if we have a poor start to the season then gunn out hell yeah[/quote]

19 games to F**king save us and the c**t couldn''t even do that.... that''s enough for me to not want gunn in charge!

no they weren''t, but none of them were thrust into a league above there skill levels at there time of experience, ince did appalng at blackburn yet brilliantly in league one, keane did well at sunderland in championship but lost it in the prem, there are certain leagues that someone''s skills are best suited, just like some players are best suited to one division but not able to make the grade at a higher level, cureton for example is a good league one striker but rubbish in the championship, only had one good season in championship remember,

gunn in the championship was trying to run before he could walk and that was inevitably his downfall, ure not been worn great managerial skills, these come with experience and unfortunately that experience is going to come from a depressingly poor positioned norwich,

sometimes managers get lucky, other times they dont and have to work for success,

[quote user="Royal Anglian all the way"]no they weren''t, but none of them were thrust into a league above there skill levels at there time of experience, ince did appalng at blackburn yet brilliantly in league one, keane did well at sunderland in championship but lost it in the prem, there are certain leagues that someone''s skills are best suited, just like some players are best suited to one division but not able to make the grade at a higher level, cureton for example is a good league one striker but rubbish in the championship, only had one good season in championship remember, gunn in the championship was trying to run before he could walk and that was inevitably his downfall, ure not been worn great managerial skills, these come with experience and unfortunately that experience is going to come from a depressingly poor positioned norwich, sometimes managers get lucky, other times they dont and have to work for success,[/quote]

Gunn is f**king clueless his daughter could manage the club better than him...

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Couldnt even instill the passion which was his no1 pitch for the job , failure and always will be.[/quote]

could anyone of installed passion into the lot of wasters that are at the club i doubt it, the problems is we need people to bleed and sweat yellow and green and have as much passion for the club as huckerby and dublin had and not one of the players on the pitch had that passion, for me gunn was not the right choice for the job in the championship as he had no experience at managing a team, theres a difference between coaching and managing and unfortunately gunn had no experience at either and that was his downfall, hopefully now he realizes what a task he has to do and can go on to prove everyone wrong and succeed but without being given a chance how can he prove if he can, the one thing i can see beneficial about the forthcoming season is that the youngsters can get a chance to shine and show what being true yellow and green is all about,

come on the canaries lets rise to the top like a pheonix reborn

Getting relegated doesn''t make you a better manager overnight. Why would Gunn be any better in League One?

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Getting relegated doesn''t make you a better manager overnight. Why would Gunn be any better in League One? [/quote]

no it doesnt but surely he should be given the same chance to try in league one like many of the other managers people want to manage norwich have been given

because he would have the choice of who he wants to play , rather than a load of failure and loan players that previous poor managers have brought in .

if the standard of players we have is cody mcdonald for 25k , i would sell the whole lot and start again .

the damage was done before gunn took over , its proven now by how quickly our grant and roeder signings are walking out of the club , that shows how commited they were doesnt it .

alan lee was a loan player , the only one who spoke out and said i want to fight for the city,

what chance do you stand when the players cant be bothered about who they play for , which is clear to see now .

Football is littered with "one hit wonders", managers who succeed for a while & then disappear without trace. Even the best do not have unmitigated success - & they are usually at clubs rich enough to enable them to buy themselves out of trouble.I have no idea whether Gunn will succeed or not, nor does anybody else despite their protestations. I am hoping that Royal Anglian is right & we will see a rebirth. This is just as likely as the opposite. I can imagine the Board & management team, embattled as they are & with no money, really trying to build a team of character & determination. Out of adversity good may yet come.There are no certainties - or even reasonably predictable probabilities - in the present situation, whatever is said. I think being a bit optimistic & cheerful is better for you (& everybody else) than being full of hate & vindictiveness.Just a personal opinion.