Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

thanks marshall and croft.

bugs me , all the stick gunny is getting about how much of a bad appointment he is when one week after the season has finished two players cant get away quick enough .

has anyone stopped and questioned the commitment of not just the loan players (of who we had by the bucket load)  but some of the perminent players such as marshall .

what gets me , is the player in question went to the press and said this is the players fault  we must take the blame .

one week later hes gone , and hardly put out a battle cry to try and put things right , then we have a loan player alan lee who wants to fight for us in leauge 1.

norwich have been in rapid decline since the departure of robert green and what i saw of marshall against reading im not bothered he has gone .

im not completely defending gunn , yet i feel he had a squad of players who just couldnt be bothered  and it was clear to see on the pitch .

on the other side of the coin , i really look forward to seeing players wear yellow and green and actually want to play for this club .

with gunny being such a great goal keeper of his day im sure he would know what quality to look for in a keeper now .

what ever players want to leave shut the door on your way out , if they were that good we would have not got relegated .

a very succesfull norwich team was built on a cheap budget before , with the likes of linighan , crook , bruce , culverhouse , goss , polston  all of which made norwich thier home .

once we see players who want to be here and are hungry to do well , things might change but if you have a squad full of loan players and players who couldnt be bothered then your on a hidding for nothing .

im going to wait before i pass any judgement on gunn , and see who is brought in and the players attitude on the pitch .

and lets hope clearing out all your players including your star players ie hucks , and bringing in un tried loan players who cant be bothered has taught norwich a valuable lesson .

i hope gunn really does prove people wrong  only time will tell .

If we had ambitious owners and a proper manager maybe we could of talked them into staying , setting your stall out to consolidate in League 1 is hardly going to appeal to any remotely ambitious players.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]If we had ambitious owners and a proper manager maybe we could of talked them into staying , setting your stall out to consolidate in League 1 is hardly going to appeal to any remotely ambitious players.[/quote]Indeed, but are those two player really the great lose some would have us believe. The are not Premiership quality players and as far as being great Championship players..... nah not for me. Croft is all effort with little result and Marshall is a shot stopper but thats all. Keepers like Marshall are not worth £1m. Pick up an experienced keeper towards the end of his career use him for one or two seasons. As for Crofty, pah, he''s Crofty nice guy, works hard once in a while looks good and occassionally scores. But big big lose nah.

I fear that player loyalty is a very rare thing nowadays, too much money in the game.

I have said time and time again that the only real loyalty left in football is the often one way street between the fans and the club. Of course Smith&Jones are fans too and to blame them for the selfish attitude of the modern footballer is a bit much really. Blame them for appointing poor managers and blame those managers for bringing in poor players by all means. But don''t blame them for a million pound goalkeeper drawing a huge wage from our club whilst plotting his future with other clubs instead of trying to keep his paymasters in the Championship.

Both of them can f right off for all I care.

More worryingly for me, is that we''ve lost 2 of out most potentially profitable players for what, 400k?

I am glad they are both gone, Croft is a winger and can''t cross the ball with any regularity and Marshall is supposedly a goalkeeper but commands his area about as well as my 87 year old grandmother would and she probably couldn''t kick the ball any worse than him either. Neither of them are very good and both part of a team that wasn''t good enough last season, good riddance to the pair of them I say.

[quote user="Spineless Fooks"]Both of them can f right off for all I care.

More worryingly for me, is that we''ve lost 2 of out most potentially profitable players for what, 400k?[/quote]Where does this 400k come from, it seems to be gospel on here now, but I haven''t seen it anywhere vaguely official only the Pink''uns 600-800k and the words six figure sum.I wonder what figure will be used in the end of summer fag packet calculations - bet its the higher figure!

Agree that everyone who doesn''t want to stay should be allowed to leave, there''s no loyalty in footballers nowadays. If I was part of a team that had let everyone down I would want to be part of the team that put it right, guess that money and status is more important to them though.