Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

clearing the decks .

most people are not in agreeing with the appointment of brian gunn for manager.

why cant anyone see this is not entirely gunns fault for relegation, he must shoulder some of the blame yet he stands there and takes the flak for mistakes made by other managers of which im now going to go into .

1.  david marshall .. signed i believe by grant , good shot stopper made some very poor errors and has cost norwich points this season , not of the standard of robert green .

2.jon ostenbor .. i believe was signed by grant , lazy very poor

3.adam dury .. signed by nigel worthington (i think ) part of the championship winning team very bad luck with injuries .

3.jason shackell ...sold by glen roeder , brian gunn brought back on loan and has been one of the players to do well for us .

4.dejan stefanovic .. too old injury prone out for season . glen roeder signing .

5.lee croft .. good season brought in by grant , still for a winger cant cross a ball , wanting to go for a while now .

6..sammy clingan .. the one good player i feel roeder has signed .

7chris killen ... loan player brought in by gunn , failure but sent straight back .

8..jamie cureton .. grants player expencive and a flop .

9..gary doherty .. signed by grant or worthington , never the less a good season .

10 david bell ... roeder signing been and gone in half a season .

11. wes hoolahan ... roeder signing never really lived up to expectations injured .showed promise though .

12 ... mark fothringham .. sorry grant flop .

13 alan gow ..showed promise done well at blackpool not a bad player .. signed by brian gunn

14 david mooney .. signed by gunn scored a few , would have been a good player for us .

15 simon lappin .. grant signing flop .

16 darrell russel .. good player untill he sees red mist , not reliable enough .. grants signing .

17 ryan bertand .. young lacks experience can make costly mistakes .. roeder signing

18 ..adrian leijer.. gunn signing  okay nothing special i dont fell he was given long enough to show if he was any good .

19 david carney .. gunn signing had his moments not great though .

20 matty patterson .. roeder signing, could show promise , got himself into trouble no good for norwich i feel .

21 carl cort .. injury prone failure signed by glen roeder .

22 stuart nelson .. signed by glen roeder after getting rid of a player with potencial like joe lewis .

23 cody mcdonald .. the only perminent player signed by gunn who is showing he is worth every penny .

gunn has signed one player full time and everyone is saying hes no good for the job , in my list here no fewer than 17 players from 23 mentioned here are who gunn has had to try and get the best out of a bad situation .

if you took over a failing company with poor employee taken on by previous poor management , then you would exspect to struggle .

im not saying gunn is going to be a wonderfull manager i dont know , but im prepared to give the man a chance to see where we go from here .

I don''t think anybody blames Gunn for any signings. We just do not believe that he did enough with the squad he had available, failing to motivate them at key times, and showed tactical naivety and dithering over substitutions. Rather than sign an experienced manager the club has decided to go for on-the-job training and I have serious doubts whether this is the correct approach for a club of Norwich''s stature.    

i do see where your comming from paul yet , i feel the calbre of player brought in just was not good enough or commited enough .

when i saw us against reading cody mcdonald was the only player trying to make a effort , i think anyone would struggle to get players to play well if they didnt want to be here anyway ,

thats now proven by the loan players forgetting about us apart from alan lee , and the perminent ones ie croft and marshall  going as soon as the full time whistle has blown .

It is time to back the management team even if many have their doubts.

The pressure is on for a good start to the season so that we can start believing again that our club has a forward looking future.

The Board needs new talent and the club needs new finance to give Gunn and team a realistic chance to gain promotion next season.

Am I mistaken or was Gunn the Head of Player Recruitment prior to being manager?  Is so then doesn''t some of the responsibility for the players signed or loaned belong to him?

Having said that although I did not want him for our manager now that we have got him we should all back him to the hilt next season.

yet no one blames the players for the relegation either, strange that, shit players yet they seem to immune from blame in there hand in relegation,

said this before in a previous thread, why do we all blame gunn or relegation and not the players, strange that,

gunn yeah was involved at time relegated so deserves some of the blame but so do the players so instead of all this gunn out business why not semmy out, croft out, russell out etc,

Bryan was player recruitment, but correct me if I''m wrong, he did say that the players he recommended and those who arrive were two different things in some cases.....

Steve

[quote user="10 Bryceland"]

Am I mistaken or was Gunn the Head of Player Recruitment prior to being manager?  Is so then doesn''t some of the responsibility for the players signed or loaned belong to him?

Having said that although I did not want him for our manager now that we have got him we should all back him to the hilt next season.

[/quote]

u r right gunn was head of player recruiting but most of the players he tried to get signed the board refused to let him through lack of funding,

ultimately we should be turning our attention and hatred to delia and the board instead of gunn and the two ians,

remember a worker can only work with the tools provided and if those tools are shit the works gonna be shit,

[quote user="singing canary"]

i do see where your comming from paul yet , i feel the calbre of player brought in just was not good enough or commited enough .

when i saw us against reading cody mcdonald was the only player trying to make a effort , i think anyone would struggle to get players to play well if they didnt want to be here anyway ,

thats now proven by the loan players forgetting about us apart from alan lee , and the perminent ones ie croft and marshall  going as soon as the full time whistle has blown .

[/quote]

Hi Singing Canary. You are assuming that the players that were available did not want to be here and thus did not want to play. I just don''t accept that as an excuse as the players would not have come on loan if they were not interested.

Surely, any professional player will try to give his best because he is looking to impress in order to forward his own ambitions of one day playing at the highest level, regardless of whether he is ''permanent'' or on loan. It is up to a manager to ensure that a player feels part of a team and is motivated but it appears that in the last few games of our season that some players were demotivated.  My view is that Gunn cannot be blameless for this apparent lack of motivation, and my worry is that he may have somehow been the cause.  We will never really know, but I am sure that next season we will get further evidence one way or the other.    

to a degree paul yes , but the majority of the players arnt gunns players, and i question thier ability.

the money we paid out for players such as cureton , lappin , when it shows they wernt good enough to cut it in the championship .

i also feel loan players will not give as much as perminent players especially since they just walked away at the end of the season and can simply forget about norwich .