Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

Its not hard to see where the Money has gone.

Jamie Cureton - 850k   - Now out of contract

David Marshall £1m   - Sold for 400k

Mark Fotheringham 500k  - Released

Lee Croft - 600k  - Out of Contract

Those are just the reported figures of course. But thats £2.65m lost on transfer fees for those 4 very average players alone.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

Jamie Cureton - 850k   - Now out of contract  600k and not out of contract

David Marshall £1m   - Sold for 400k cost 800k and i cant confirm figure sold for (heard 500k)

Mark Fotheringham 500k  - Released WTF, free agent.

Lee Croft - 600k  - Out of Contract fair point.

Those are just the reported figures of course. But thats £2.65m lost on transfer fees for those 4 very average players alone.

[/quote]

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]Fozzy was a free agent when we signed him...

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

Fozzy was a free agent when we signed him...
[/quote]

Oh yeah, sorry, I was thinking about Pattison.

[quote user="missing in action"][quote user="ryan85k"]

Jamie Cureton - 850k   - Now out of contract  600k and not out of contract  850k and yes he is out of contract, ask the press office if in doubt. I know him.

David Marshall £1m   - Sold for 400k cost 800k and i cant confirm figure sold for (heard 500k) I am using reported figures, and I have seen them reported at £1m and 400k.

Mark Fotheringham 500k  - Released WTF, free agent. Apologies, I was thinking about Pattison.

Lee Croft - 600k  - Out of Contract fair point. Cureton and Marshall are a fair point.

[/quote][/quote]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Thank God Curo is still under contract, we''re going to need him next season.[/quote]Lol!!! Good one.Are the goals bigger in League 1?

[quote user="First Wizard"]Thank God Curo is still under contract, we''re going to need him next season.[/quote]

Is he actually under contract?

That is shocking.

Irrespective of exact figures, it still amounts to a lot of wasted money. None of those four have been good value, especially if you include the reportedly excessive wages they have been paid. Did we lose money on Bell as well?

This is just the tip of the ice-berg and I can only think of Hoolahan, Clingan and hopefully MacDonald as value acquisitions since Worthington''s days.

Add to this the cost of loanees and their agents and one has to wonder how the likes of Plymouth, Doncaster and Blackpool, to name a few, would have faired with such funds at their disposal.

Money has leaked from this club in recent years, all seemingly wasted.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

And all those players were brought in to replace players who left for far bigger transfer fees- Earnshaw, Etuhu, Green, Jonsson etc., etc.  By the way, Fozzy was free but i agree, you have to expect players brought in for free to be world-beaters don`t you? 

Honestly, the NCFC spin machine have it so easy.  Sell tens of millions of pounds worth of players, spend less than half on replacements, claim you`ve been ambitious and that "all money received is re-invested" even though the accounts show year-on-year clear profits of millions in the transfer market, and people believe you......You couldn`t make it up.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Thank God Curo is still under contract, we''re going to need him next season.[/quote]NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo!!!![:''(]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Thank God Curo is still under contract, we''re going to need him next season.[/quote]

I think you may be right there Wiz. That is if he has any confidence left!