Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

"Investment"

"No. I think I might use this forum to say if there is any investor out there who is prepared, who wants to put money into the squad, would you mind dropping us a line and we would be absolutely delighted."

MWJ yesterday. I really hope this issue is high on the NCISA agenda for tonight because for me this phrase "investment" they keep using is key. I think we need to be told what it is they are looking for and particularly what is Keith Harris''s brief because they continually say "if there is someone out there who wants to put money into the squad" or who wants to "invest." That is entirely different to saying who wanst to buy the club. If they are after some idiot to put in £2m worth of loans in return for no power or say over anything then they are not going to find anyone!

you have to be mad to put cash into a football club unless there is an emotional link. The only people likely to put there hands in their pockets are local people who have the clubs interests at heart

I don''t disagree but my point is if you look at the wording of their statements very carefully they always refer to seeking "investment" and say they are open to it. What they do not appear to be open to is losing control. Without the latter you will not get the former!

I think they would like to stay involved but would step aside if the right new people came in.  However they would be mad to start saying ''the club is for sale'' as this only encourages people to start making stupid offers like Vega at Portsmouth.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I don''t disagree but my point is if you look at the wording of their statements very carefully they always refer to seeking "investment" and say they are open to it. What they do not appear to be open to is losing control. Without the latter you will not get the former![/quote]

Are you going to St Andrews hall tonight Jim? If not you should e mail NCISA with this question.

[quote user="kdncfc"]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I don''t disagree but my point is if you look at the wording of their statements very carefully they always refer to seeking "investment" and say they are open to it. What they do not appear to be open to is losing control. Without the latter you will not get the former![/quote]

Are you going to St Andrews hall tonight Jim? If not you should e mail NCISA with this question.

[/quote]

Yes I will be there.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="kdncfc"]

[/quote]

Yes I will be there.

[/quote]

Are you good with a mic?

Jim will stand up and speak I have no doubt about that. 

My question at the last AGM was going to be "what is Keith Harris brief?" but Roger would not come to me with the mic. 

Having heard the answer to - the what plans do you have to take this club forward question ("you tell us" being the answer for those that have fogotten or were not there) I doubt our board have even given Harris a brief!

Knowing our board they have asked Keith Harris and his mate Orville to find us investment, probably got their telephone numbers muddled up.