Sign in to follow this  
TheCardinal

Lappin, Cort and Nelson

Get rid....Lappin isn''t strong enough to play in a league dominated by big brutish type players while Cort as big as he is simply isn''t strong enough and far to injury prone. Nelson I know nothing about but I think I remember reading somewhere that he wasn''t particularly good so get rid.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]So, keep or get rid?[/quote]

For me, Lappin and Nelson can leave. I don''t think a player like Lappin would prosper in the rough and tumble of League One, and I''d prefer a more experienced veteran type goalkeeper to act as a mentor (and possibly backup) to Rudd. Having said that Dion said recently that Matty Gilks was a strong character who supported and encouraged Marshall while he was at the club, so perhaps we should try to get him back to fight with Rudd for the jersey?

I''m undecided on Cort. He lacks pace and from what I saw last season he doesn''t look like he''d score enough goals.

[quote user="kdncfc"]Get rid....Lappin isn''t strong enough to play in a league dominated by big brutish type players while Cort as big as he is simply isn''t strong enough and far to injury prone. Nelson I know nothing about but I think I remember reading somewhere that he wasn''t particularly good so get rid.[/quote]

Oh, right. You read somewhere that Nelson wasn''t very good so therefore he must go. How extremely bright and intelligent of you - you can read. Wonder why so many of us think this message board is dominated by dickheads.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]So, keep or get rid?[/quote]In honesty, I''d keep Lappin. He''s set-pieces can be critical next season - especially freekicks. I think he''s a neat tidy player who deserves a decent run in the side. He''d have to take a wage drop to stay though.Cort - Boot, but, only if we sign a replacement - such as Alan Lee.Nelson - Debatable, depends what we''ve got coming through the ranks. He''d be no.2 to Rudd anyway, but, is the young keeper below Rudd good enough to be our reserve keeper?

I''d suggest we kept all 3.  After all the loanees going back we need players, and they all have experience so its worth keeping them.  I''ve seen Nelson play a couple of times, and each time I have been impressed with the way he controlls his back 4 and area.  Does not stop talking, which I never seem to see with Marshall.  Although he is out of contract so we''d need to act if we wanted him to stay...

I hate to say this but the rate our players are wanting to jump ship we need all the players we can keep so lets keep all 3

[quote user="Spineless Fooks"]Keep ''em all! We need some players.....[/quote]

Exactly, once Hoolahan, Clingan and Russel have gone we wont have ANY Championship quality players left, thus leaving us little choice but to stick with what we do have.

Lappin may well return to Scotland now, as his salary reduction may bring a few Scot''s Prem salary levels into line.Cort can stay on pay as you play as long as he learns to jump, Nelson will probably be off as I am led to believe that Andy Marshall is lined up.

For me, it depends completely on how much they are earning.

They are all worth a certain price. If Lappin is on 6k then sorry but I think we could pay for two Lappins for that. If on the other hand he is on 2.5k, then maybe he can earn his money next year.

Cort is only going to be beneficial if he can stay fit, so if its a pay when fit contract, then why not.

I dont know anything about Nelson, but if we are going to be playing Rudd then there is no point in letting him go if the wages are ok.

Keep Lappin - he would have to take a massive pay cut anyway so at least it would prove his intent. His corner kicks were equaled by no-one despite the few games he played - including Clingan.. With Lee in the box set pieces could be crucial.Cort - not convinced - and with Lee and Cody Mac...Nelson - my main concern is that he''s very noisy! At the pre-season with Dereham he drove me nuts. Wouldn''t want to be in his back four!

Yeah I would be inclined to keep Lappin too. (dependant on wages.) He can take a reasonable set piece and I know hes a bit lightweight, but he managed to hold his own (so to speak) in the SPL and lets face it that can hardly be described as a gentle league full of finesse and deft play!!!

For me personally, Lappin plays football the way I like it to be played. He''s not the most aggressive and his defensive work can be questioned at times but he can pass the ball, put in a decent cross and take a good free-kick. I''d love him to stay simply because you can''t have 11 bruisers on the pitch or 11 Andy Hughes; you need someone with a bit of quality to tee up the bruisers.

Cort was a gamble that never payed off so bye-bye. Nelson I have no idea about but we only have him and Rudd on the books. I''ve never seen him play and have no idea of his quality so I am no position to comment.

[quote user="sgncfc"]

[quote user="kdncfc"]Get rid....Lappin isn''t strong enough to play in a league dominated by big brutish type players while Cort as big as he is simply isn''t strong enough and far to injury prone. Nelson I know nothing about but I think I remember reading somewhere that he wasn''t particularly good so get rid.[/quote]

Oh, right. You read somewhere that Nelson wasn''t very good so therefore he must go. How extremely bright and intelligent of you - you can read. Wonder why so many of us think this message board is dominated by dickheads.

[/quote]

And how bright and intelligent of you for being so stupid and calling me childish names because I have formed an opinion of someone in a manner you don''t agree with.