Sign in to follow this  
ncfclad

Sammy Clingan off to Cardiff

I would hold on. He could probably end up going to a team that are getting promoted or one coming down. (if they are going to loose there players) Wasn''t there rumors of a january bid by fulham in the area of 2/3 million???

We should turn down anything under £2m.

I didnt give a damn about Marshall cus Rudd is better but Clingan is probably unreplaceable in league one.

Fulham have done very well this season, from a side that were relegation canidates, somehow I can''t believe they would be coming in for Sammy, I think they will be looking for a more premiership expereinced player, while cardiff and a few others in the championship would be more than willing to take him on, as  he has proved he can more than handle that league without too many problems.   Cardiff may not be so far off the mark,  they will be having a far bit of cash to splash when they sell Joe Ledley 

That is probably for sure.. I reckon   I simply cannot see why Marshall was allowed to go so cheaply,  it isn''t like we are rolling in money is it.

[quote user="kennyfoggo"]
That is probably for sure.. I reckon   I simply cannot see why Marshall was allowed to go so cheaply,  it isn''t like we are rolling in money is it.
[/quote]

the Marshall one was a ''no-brainer'' for me in financial terms

• now entering last year of contact, decreasing in value all the time
  • doesn''t wan''t to be here, may effect performance and league position hence finances
  • big wages saved
  • if Rudd is first choice and does well his value would increase significantly

in footballing terms he was error prone and couldn''t kick, 400-600k is probably not a bad reflection of his true market value, hopefully we''ve included a sell on clause.

[quote user="kennyfoggo"]That is probably for sure.. I reckon   I simply cannot see why Marshall was allowed to go so cheaply,  it isn''t like we are rolling in money is it.[/quote]

he''s hardly going to be worth a lot when he has just 1 year left his contract, i''d hope we get at least £1-1.5m for Clingan

it annoys me that Marshall came out saying he was having sleepless nights due to us going down and the same day signing for cardiff......

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]

[quote user="kennyfoggo"]
[/quote]

• doesn''t wan''t to be here, may effect performance and league position hence finances

• big wages saved

in footballing terms he was error prone and couldn''t kick, 400-600k is probably not a bad reflection of his true market value, hopefully we''ve included a sell on clause.

[/quote]

Fair point just hate players pretending they care. Give rudd a chance! Unless Van De Sar fancies a cheeky season at norwich???

[quote user="jersey_canary"]I thought cardiff were in massive debt???? Where is this money coming from??? Wondering if they have sold that joe ledley already???[/quote]

Peter Ridsdale

We didnt seel marshall on the cheap, we got over 1 million for him, so hopefully that money can go into the squad maybe but Lee, and a few other decent league 2 players, maybe a few more cody''s

i thought the figure was around £500k for Marshall, considering his contract expires next summer and he is 1 of the higher wage earners its the best we could have realistically expected. Clingan still has 2 years on his deal so i''d expect a 7 figure sum

Well i was told a six figure sum which i thought was in the 100 thousand range, but i was told that a 6 figure sum was over a million.

Dont ask me how that works as iam not an accountant

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]

• big wages saved

[/quote]Good point

[quote user="jersey_canary"]it annoys me that Marshall came out saying he was having sleepless nights due to us going down and the same day signing for cardiff......[/quote]

Ye makes me feel sick. It''s cause he couldn''t handle it. Weirdo