Sign in to follow this  
John

The Official 'Opposing Of Gunn Appontment' Thread (Gunn Out!)

As far as i''m concerned Bryan Gunn is most certainly not the man for the job at the helm of Norwich City, and despite his legend status within Norwich City, he is without doubt incapable of finally ceasing our demise, that manager''s like Nigel Worthington, Peter Grant and Glenn Roeder, and Bryan Gunn himself (to an extent) have failed to do in the past 5 years.

Bryan Gunn had almost half a season, player recruitment privaleges prior to his appointment, 9 loans and a player purchase after his appointment to keep us up, yet he failed to turn our season. In fact neither before his appointment were we ever in the relegation zone this season (although admittedly we were heading that way under Roeder). Bryan Gunn then crumbled under pressure severely, losing ''5'' out of his last ''6'' absolute, history defining, must win games, while falling down to a 3-0 deficit away at the bottom Championship club on the final day. His then managerial record spread out over the course of the season would of relegated us at about 48 points. I will never be willing to neither accept, nor appreciate a standard of this level to persist at our once proud club, and i''m certainly concerned that the majority of city fans have, and will accept it, then ensuring years of mediocrity at a very low level to continue at Norwich.

I''m distraught upon this appointment, and will NOT be backing the manager at all this season purely on the basis that persisting with this horrifying appointment, in my mind, is vastly contributing to our demise. I have also not felt a vibe of confidence in interviews over the course of rule under the current reigime wth Gunn, and have seen nothing on the pitch that insists otherwise, and therefore do not believe or have the confidence in them being able to make the turn in fortunes that our club so desperately needs, and frankly almost find it laughable when others claim otherwise. There has never been a basis with evidence to support these opinions, other than dreams and hope (what our club has fed on for the past few years) to imply that they are indeed right and true.

I concede that results have the potential to prove otherwise in my opinion, and if we are automatically promoted from League One next season i will be willing to back him. However i doubt this possibilty to such an extent that i will not be willing to show any impression of support to a worryingly damaging reigime to my beloved club.

I''d also like to make clear that i will always support Norwch City Football Club to the bitter end, and will passionately oppose any individual that questions that. However it is for the love of my club, and the preservation of it''s legacy that i will then be passionately opposing the current reigime.

I hope other indviduals can at least see why i have this point of view, and am willing to be convinced otherwise. However i consider physical evidence of potential to currently be non-existant.

Thank you and...

On The Ball City!

Please show your support of the "Gunn Out" thread below...

[quote user="John"] [/quote] Cook must be got rid of now , then once shes gone we can get rid of the Scottish leech.

GUNN OUT

Im speechless by this apointment... SHE STILL HASNT LEARNT FROM HER PAST MISTAKES

NC JOKE FC

Don''t agree with the appointment but what am I supposed to do about it, support the Scum? Time to get behind Gunn and the team and give him a chance.

[quote user="John"]

As far as i''m concerned Bryan Gunn is most certainly not the man for the job at the helm of Norwich City, and despite his legend status within Norwich City, he is without doubt incapable of finally ceasing our demise, that manager''s like Nigel Worthington, Peter Grant and Glenn Roeder, and Bryan Gunn himself (to an extent) have failed to do in the past 5 years.

Bryan Gunn had almost half a season, player recruitment privaleges prior to his appointment, 9 loans and a player purchase after his appointment to keep us up, yet he failed to turn our season. In fact neither before his appointment were we ever in the relegation zone this season (although admittedly we were heading that way under Roeder). Bryan Gunn then crumbled under pressure severely, losing ''5'' out of his last ''6'' absolute, history defining, must win games, while falling down to a 3-0 deficit away at the bottom Championship club on the final day. His then managerial record spread out over the course of the season would of relegated us at about 48 points. I will never be willing to neither accept, nor appreciate a standard of this level to persist at our once proud club, and i''m certainly concerned that the majority of city fans have, and will accept it, then ensuring years of mediocrity at a very low level to continue at Norwich.

I''m distraught upon this appointment, and will NOT be backing the manager at all this season purely on the basis that persisting with this horrifying appointment, in my mind, is vastly contributing to our demise. I have also not felt a vibe of confidence in interviews over the course of rule under the current reigime wth Gunn, and have seen nothing on the pitch that insists otherwise, and therefore do not believe or have the confidence in them being able to make the turn in fortunes that our club so desperately needs, and frankly almost find it laughable when others claim otherwise. There has never been a basis with evidence to support these opinions, other than dreams and hope (what our club has fed on for the past few years) to imply that they are indeed right and true.

I concede that results have the potential to prove otherwise in my opinion, and if we are automatically promoted from League One next season i will be willing to back him. However i doubt this possibilty to such an extent that i will not be willing to show any impression of support to a worryingly damaging reigime to my beloved club.

I''d also like to make clear that i will always support Norwch City Football Club to the bitter end, and will passionately oppose any individual that questions that. However it is for the love of my club, and the preservation of it''s legacy that i will then be passionately opposing the current reigime.

I hope other indviduals can at least see why i have this point of view, and am willing to be convinced otherwise. However i consider physical evidence of potential to currently be non-existant.

Thank you and...

On The Ball City!

[/quote]Back him and the team now you tool as there is nothing we can do about it, he wasn''t my ideal choice but you need to accept it and move on.

Excellent post - what a sad day for the club; the board even minus Doomcaster still beggars belief. Where will it all end? Probably the conference; can it get any worse?

Methinks he is bigger than the club, thereby cannot be removed. He has already proven he cannot motivate players. He claims he only had 9 days in the tx window to sign new players, well what was he doing while he was chief scout. If Rodent did''nt listen to him why was he not sacked as scout?

League 2 here we come.

[quote user="steve o"][quote user="John"]

Thank you and...

On The Ball City!

[/quote]Back him and the team now you tool as there is nothing we can do about it, he wasn''t my ideal choice but you need to accept it and move on.[/quote]Sorry, but i will not back a deluded, and vastly inexperienced and incompetent individual that will proceed to send my beloved club into oblivion.Gunn has THOROUGHLY shown he is incapable of managing this club, yet it appears we persist with, and even reward this failiure. I''m afraid i''m not going to think about backing that kind of management at our club, and quite frankly, i find it disgraceful that he''s still at the helm of this club.And what scares me almost as much as what i know is to become of Norwih City, is that i will certainly come to hate and despise the face of a man i once revered and respected as a legend. What Gunn added to the pride of our club as a player is nothing compared to what he will, and indeed what he already has, ripped out of the club as a manager. Whether he likes it or not, i now believe he is stripping away the collective respect and admiration for which he had as a player. Rather he will even become a figure that symbolised the comings of the worst years in our clubs history. Surely i''m not the only one scared by this?It''s a horrible nightmare and i want it to end! I will not "support" it so it can continue to absorb the shining light that is Norwich City Football Club..... It''s not right.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Don''t agree with the appointment but what am I supposed to do about it, support the Scum? Time to get behind Gunn and the team and give him a chance.[/quote]

Same here Rupet, but I can only beat myself up so many times over this insane appointment.

How dare you criticise the appointment. You have to back him and wait until it all goes wrong and then you can jump on the bandwagon by which time it''s too late and the damage is done.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]How dare you criticise the appointment. You have to back him and wait until it all goes wrong and then you can jump on the bandwagon by which time it''s too late and the damage is done.[/quote]Cheers Mr. Bump, you set me straight [Y]