Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

hoolahan .

so its goodbye marshall , them croft , now neil warnock is after hoolihan .

when did the season finish a week ago , lie flys rouns sh** ,

all the loan players gone back and the perminent ones look as if they are saying thier farewells so soon

will norwich be advertising for players in the edp soon ?

Depressing isn''t it, and for all those Norwich fans who thought league 1 would be a walk in the park, they can think again, at this rate we will strugle to make the top half let alone the playoffs.

I would be sad to see him go, really thought he was starting to look the part before the injury. If it''s a swap deal, surely we''ll get some money too as it isn''t a fair trade, considering their respective ages.  However, there''s probably another £250,000 get-out clause in his contract which is probably about the value of Lee?

Great, best player at the club swapped for over the hill ex binner , go gunny the club is yours to destroy now and i have no doubts you wont let anybody down .

I''m an Alan Lee fan & I think he''ll be very good in League 1. Hoolahan will not stay here regardless of a swap deal so I say go for it!

[quote user="Iwan is God"]I''m an Alan Lee fan & I think he''ll be very good in League 1. Hoolahan will not stay here regardless of a swap deal so I say go for it![/quote]Yes. Regardless of how much their each valued, it would be so much more hassle free to just directly swap them.I say we swap Sammy Clingan for Gary Holt, I''m a Gary Holt fan and Sammy won''t stay here anyway. Doesn''t matter how much either are worth.

Leaving aside arguments over their respective ages, i think Lee can do more for us in League 1 than Hooly. Hooly will get kicked off the park most of the time.

Don''t want to see him go but needs must...

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Iwan is God"]I''m an Alan Lee fan & I think he''ll be very good in League 1. Hoolahan will not stay here regardless of a swap deal so I say go for it![/quote]
Yes. Regardless of how much their each valued, it would be so much more hassle free to just directly swap them.

I say we swap Sammy Clingan for Gary Holt, I''m a Gary Holt fan and Sammy won''t stay here anyway. Doesn''t matter how much either are worth.
[/quote]

Hoolahan cost us £300k. Lee cost Palace £600k. Lee wants to play for us & will be good in League 1. Hoolahan will not want to play in League 1 & I would not be suprised to hear he has a low release clause in his contract!

How much do you seriously think we''ll get for Hoolahan?

Is Alan Lee really that good a lot of huff and puff some fist clenching that''s about it!

Hoolahan was the only player who had any real skill or could make things happen.

Don''t agree with the ''he would get kicked around the pitch in league one''

A mixture of hard working and committed players is what''s needed with a sprinkle of players like hoolahan

But would u want to stay if you were him??

[quote user="a1canary"]Leaving aside arguments over their respective ages, i think Lee can do more for us in League 1 than Hooly. Hooly will get kicked off the park most of the time.

Don''t want to see him go but needs must...[/quote]Hoolahan did alright for Blackpool in league 1. Alan Lee is a binner reject. Anybody who thinks he is an acceptable signing clearly doesn''t understand football. Regardless of that I don''t rate him.

[quote user="rudenotto69"]Is Alan Lee really that good a lot of huff and puff some fist clenching that''s about it!

Hoolahan was the only player who had any real skill or could make things happen.

Don''t agree with the ''he would get kicked around the pitch in league one''

A mixture of hard working and committed players is what''s needed with a sprinkle of players like hoolahan

But would u want to stay if you were him??[/quote]Would totally agree with this - if Hoolahan wanted to stay. No point in keeping players around who simply don''t want to stay.

[quote user="Penfold"][quote user="a1canary"]Leaving aside arguments over their respective ages, i think Lee can do more for us in League 1 than Hooly. Hooly will get kicked off the park most of the time.

Don''t want to see him go but needs must...[/quote]Hoolahan did alright for Blackpool in league 1. Alan Lee is a binner reject. Anybody who thinks he is an acceptable signing clearly doesn''t understand football. Regardless of that I don''t rate him.[/quote]Oh shut up. You''re going to rule out potential signings because he played for Ipswich? Christ on a bleeding bike. We''re not in the same league as bloody Ipswich, both literally and comparatively - and Lee will clearly be able to do a job in this league.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Penfold"][quote user="a1canary"]Leaving aside arguments over their respective ages, i think Lee can do more for us in League 1 than Hooly. Hooly will get kicked off the park most of the time.

Don''t want to see him go but needs must...[/quote]Hoolahan did alright for Blackpool in league 1. Alan Lee is a binner reject. Anybody who thinks he is an acceptable signing clearly doesn''t understand football. Regardless of that I don''t rate him.[/quote]Oh shut up. You''re going to rule out potential signings because he played for Ipswich? Christ on a bleeding bike. We''re not in the same league as bloody Ipswich, both literally and comparatively - and Lee will clearly be able to do a job in this league.[/quote]You may have lost your pride, but I will never lose mine.

Thing what makes it so hard to swallow, Is all these players queing up at the exit door are the one''s that got us in this mess in the first place, and this is what is meant by the board fighting tooth and nail to get us back up, well It looks like we are stuck with this management team and all we can hope for is someone knows what they are doing, How long do we give them before the demo''s start again, I say if we are not pushing for promotion come Christmas then they will have to go, But Delia has done it again she has got herself a scapegoat only this time she thinks we owe it to the club to be United together, May have escaped her notice but we have all been united for bloody years It''s her who caused the split again and again

Think it all depends on what Wes wants and has said to Gunny at their meetings earlier this week.

If he wants out, then let him go and swop him for Lee and some money as Wes still has 2 years on his contract, if he''s happy to stay keep him because we need the likes of him to build the team round.

Before you make any comment on the Lee -Hoolahan swap i suggest you look at our last 7 games when Lee was playing and Hoolahan wasn''t.  enough said.

Lee might do us okay in league 1, but swap him for a match winner no thanks. Wes is the one player we must persuade to stay.

but do you really want the shit players at the club that caused this mess by giving up and not bothering, this is no tthe time to be wanting the players who dont care or want to be at the club, nows the time to want the players who do want to be here that do want to play and do want to succeed.

time and again we have seen russell, otsemobor, croft, hoolahan, marshall cost us games by being disinterested, we dont need players who are just interested in a pay cheque, we need players who are going to bleed yellow and green,

bring back huckerby, if we had more players like him we wouldnt be in this mess,

delia out, the shit out lets build a true team of yellow and green

IMO We need an Alan Lee in Div 1,  someone who''ll rough it up.  We''ve been told plenty of times, skill is replaced by physical battles.  Rather a swap than a quick sale and the money disappearing into a black hole.

Lee wants to play for ANYBODY near to his home , will be disgusted if we swap the best player at the club for an over the hill donkey , but with Oddjob in charge i have no doubts its a done deal.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Great, best player at the club swapped for over the hill ex binner , go gunny the club is yours to destroy now and i have no doubts you wont let anybody down .[/quote]Grow up...Hoops is our best player agreed, but if we sign Lee on a permanent basis I will be delighted. EXACTLY what we need up front in League One - pair him up with Cody, lovely jubbley.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Lee wants to play for ANYBODY near to his home , will be disgusted if we swap the best player at the club for an over the hill donkey , but with Oddjob in charge i have no doubts its a done deal.[/quote]You are a plonker - Hoops is off regardless of swap deals or anything. He will not be a City player next season - that I stake my mortgage on. So enough with the "disgusted to swap him for over the hill donkey" crap.What was a concern is that our esteemed manager was planning a swap with Lee\Hoops BEFORE we went down. If we stayed up, and swapped - then that would have been a dreadful decision.Going to miss Hoops, great shame....

[quote user="singing canary"]

so its goodbye marshall , them croft , now neil warnock is after hoolihan .

when did the season finish a week ago , lie flys rouns sh** ,

all the loan players gone back and the perminent ones look as if they are saying thier farewells so soon

will norwich be advertising for players in the edp soon ?

[/quote]

Alan Lee isn''t that great at scoring goals. I would rather get the money for Hoolihan and use it to buy Rickie Lambert who would want much lower wages than Lee.

Cannot see Lambert coming here, he scored 29 league goals last season and if he was to go anywhere he would be daft to stay in the same league.