Sign in to follow this  
SWP = Poor Mans Ruel Fox!!

The Perfect Premier League?

Just thought I''d share this little titbit found on www. football365.com :"The Perfect Premier LeagueSo over a

couple of the finest ales Kent has to offer last night, and instead of

concentrating on the pub quiz that we regularly lose, myself and a mate

discussed the finer points of the ''Proper League'' offered up in

yesterday''s mailbox, and we are pretty sure that we can do far better

than this. So, transferred from a handy napkin acquired along the way, here is our better list.1. Manchester United2. Chelsea3. Liverpool4. Arsenal5. Aston Villa6. Tottenham Hotspur7. EvertonThese are the mainstays of the Premiership, so we are in agreement there.8. Blackburn Rovers (they are the only non ''Big 4'' team to have won it, so are definites)9. Newcastle United (big support, big name players - as funny as it would be, they are top league material)10. Manchester City (as with Newcastle, big players, plenty of fans - they would look silly in the Championship)11. West Ham United (someone needs to be mid table)12. Nottingham Forest (fading force of course, but there are precious few teams with the kind of history that they have)13. Southampton (I have lost track of the number of years they spent just avoiding the drop.)14. Leicester City (It just feels wrong having them so far down our league system. They should be yoyoing at the top)15. Bolton Wanderers (You have to give them some credit for finally making a run of staying in the top flight)16. Sheffield Wednesday (It is a travesty that they are not in the top tier any more)17. Middlesborough (The years of service they have put in, they deserve top flight status)18. Leeds United (Yes, it is funny where they are, but they have been Champions League semi finalists in this century!)19. Sunderland (I''d rather have a likable club like them here than soooooo many others)20. Norwich City (after a heated debate, they edged out Derby, Palace and Ipswich)To

answer objections, Portsmouth and Fulham have never been Premiership

teams in my eyes. Charlton would head my perfect Championship list. QPR

- too long ago that they did anything. Everyone else was dismissed out

of hand. Because we can.Alex (We still came fourth in pub quiz, even without paying much attention) Freeman, Welling
   "What does everyone else think?Link: http://www.football365.com/mailbox/story/0,17033,8744_5323421,00.html

The perfect premier league should involve us somewhere near the top.

Just thought I''d share this little titbit found on www. football365.com :"The Perfect Premier LeagueSo over a

couple of the finest ales Kent has to offer last night, and instead of

concentrating on the pub quiz that we regularly lose, myself and a mate

discussed the finer points of the ''Proper League'' offered up in

yesterday''s mailbox, and we are pretty sure that we can do far better

than this. So, transferred from a handy napkin acquired along the way, here is our better list.1. Manchester United2. Chelsea3. Liverpool4. Arsenal5. Aston Villa6. Tottenham Hotspur7. EvertonThese are the mainstays of the Premiership, so we are in agreement there.8. Blackburn Rovers (they are the only non ''Big 4'' team to have won it, so are definites)9. Newcastle United (big support, big name players - as funny as it would be, they are top league material)10. Manchester City (as with Newcastle, big players, plenty of fans - they would look silly in the Championship)11. West Ham United (someone needs to be mid table)12. Nottingham Forest (fading force of course, but there are precious few teams with the kind of history that they have)13. Southampton (I have lost track of the number of years they spent just avoiding the drop.)14. Leicester City (It just feels wrong having them so far down our league system. They should be yoyoing at the top)15. Bolton Wanderers (You have to give them some credit for finally making a run of staying in the top flight)16. Sheffield Wednesday (It is a travesty that they are not in the top tier any more)17. Middlesborough (The years of service they have put in, they deserve top flight status)18. Leeds United (Yes, it is funny where they are, but they have been Champions League semi finalists in this century!)19. Sunderland (I''d rather have a likable club like them here than soooooo many others)20. Norwich City (after a heated debate, they edged out Derby, Palace and Ipswich)To

answer objections, Portsmouth and Fulham have never been Premiership

teams in my eyes. Charlton would head my perfect Championship list. QPR

- too long ago that they did anything. Everyone else was dismissed out

of hand. Because we can.Alex (We still came fourth in pub quiz, even without paying much attention) Freeman, Welling
   "What does everyone else think?Link: http://www.football365.com/mailbox/story/0,17033,8744_5323421,00.html

i love it!, as my mates who support forest and Leeds would. My mate who supports burnley would hate it, as would my Man U and Everton supporting mates, as they like to mock the ''underachieving'' clubs. Not sure who the Bolton and Sunderland lad would side with.