Sign in to follow this  
Victor Segura

Replacement for Marshall

In my opinion we need experience for Rudd to learn off,someone like Dean Kiely would be quality, backup at West Brom i think,we could probably get him for free but wages could be a problem.

Mark Tyler or Matthew Gilks. Both have proffessed to the media a passion (Tyler) or care (Gilks) for this club, both are very determined and reliable individuals, both are recognised as influential figures in the squads they have been, or are currently in, both should come for considerably cheap transfer fees and very cheap wages, and both have more than proven themselves in the lower leagues.I personally think either (or even both [:O]) are a must for next season.

[quote user="John"]Mark Tyler or Matthew Gilks.

Both have proffessed to the media a passion (Tyler) or care (Gilks) for this club, both are very determined and reliable individuals, both are recognised as influential figures in the squads they have been, or are currently in, both should come for considerably cheap transfer fees and very cheap wages, and both have more than proven themselves in the lower leagues.

I personally think either (or even both [:O]) are a must for next season.
[/quote]

I was disappointed that Matt Gilks didn''t get the chance to show us what he could do.

I think it would be good to get him back.

Butterworth is on record as saying a keeper is now on the "wanted" list so it doesn''t sound as if they are overimpressed with Mr Nelson.  Both Mark Tyler and Matty Gilks have great experience in the lower leagues, as people have said, and you could far worse than either.

I think Nelson was only ever brought in as emergency, emergency, emergency cover (ie, the rest of the team dead).  So we need an experienced keeper.  The problem is we got £400k for Marshall, and I would think there are not many decent keepers for less than most of that cash, is there?

We could definetly do with an experienced keeper comming towards the end of his career so not as to block up the progress of Rudd in a year or so''s time. Maybe someone like Pollitt who''s third choice at Wigan (wages probably an issue though) or more realistically as some have suggested Tyler.

I think we should go for Flahavan of Crystal Palace who was at Southend last year, quality keeper in this division and the fact is he gets nowhere near the Palace team because of Speroni and also the fact Warnock doesn''t name a sub keeper !

iv heard that Kevan Keelan is availible, seems feasable to bring back another x player. he could still do a job and service the female half of norwich

you will get a loan from a big club in the shape of a young goalkeeper or sign a youngish keeper whos name rhymes with crispy pancakes ;-)

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]i saw somebody suggest jimmy walker, i''d take him in a shot[/quote]

Hands off Walker.  We hope he is Colchester bound.  Changed our defence when he came in on loan.  No longer did people have heart in mouth when a cross came in............

I think Rudd should be thrown right in there, thats where we went wrong with Joe Lewis, we have to get Rudd playing this (next) season, and get him into the game, and make sure he becomes a great keeper (then sell him for Millions)

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]If you put Southall between the sticks nothing will get past him that''s for sure. Have you seen the size of him lately?[/quote]

I saw him towards the end of his career he was big enough then! Is it alot worse now???

[quote user="jersey_canary"]

[quote user="shyster"][img]http://www.peter-upton.co.uk/Pic10406.jpg[/img][/quote]

No chocolate wrists there!!!! Your in buddy!!!

[/quote]

That keeper can dive as well! Unfortunately, he can''t kick - then again, neither could Marshall. 

joe lewis we could try we know he loved the club so maybe he''d want to come help get back in championshipquality keeperbig good shot stoppergood penalty saver

[quote user="jersey_canary"]

Is Ian walker still kicking about.......... or Nevelle Southall????

[/quote]

Neville?  What a very great keeper in his day - anyone who collided with Nev knew all about it.  Currently first team coach for Margate (Ryman League).

Claims to have done something or other to every gal in the Everton ticket office during his time there.  May have been a boast but his out of the trousers exploits were legendary.

I once did a long interview with Nev many, many years ago and last saw him at a charity do in 2007 where he appeared even chunkier and rounder.

Two of the hard men are linked up at Margate.  Terry Yorath is Director of Football.

Funny old game. 

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="jersey_canary"]

[/quote]

Neville?  What a very great keeper in his day - anyone who collided with Nev knew all about it.  Currently first team coach for Margate (Ryman League).

Claims to have done something or other to every gal in the Everton ticket office during his time there.  May have been a boast but his out of the trousers exploits were legendary.

I once did a long interview with Nev many, many years ago and last saw him at a charity do in 2007 where he appeared even chunkier and rounder.

Two of the hard men are linked up at Margate.  Terry Yorath is Director of Football.

Funny old game. 

Something hahaha and why only the ticket girls??? and why not at any other club.

Thanx for the story though :)

[/quote]

I''d like to see us get an experienced keeper, have Nelson as no.2 and send Rudd off onload for the season so he''d be ready to take over the No1 in 2010.

[quote user="jersey_canary"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="jersey_canary"]

[/quote]

Funny old game. 

Something hahaha and why only the ticket girls??? and why not at any other club.

Thanx for the story though :)

[/quote][/quote]

Web Team Pete asked everyone to keep it clean.  Everton legend.  You can ask them about "big Nev".

God knows what he did before being plucked (correct) from a Wed & Sat council team.

I asked him the twee "Do you ever get fed up with football?"

"Not really," he said. "It beats lugging Web Team Pete bins around in August with Web Team Pete maggots crawling all over them."

A real binner.  That was his job.  Great keeper, great characer pretty much a la Windass.

Where are such now?  On the phone to their agent is my guess.[;)]

Different age, different wage.

Tony Warner did well in his loan spell here. id have him back.

Jimmy walker is a good suggestion too! forgot about him!

Danny Coyne is 2nd choice at tranmere and still only 32.. good keeper with experience at Championship and League 1 level.. he''d be a good bet too.

jas :)