Sign in to follow this  
morty

Svennson

The big man impressed me today for the first time in a long while, him up front with McKensie and Hux out on the left may be a formation we could stick with. Sven''s touch and vision certainly made a differance as soon as he came on, he looked like he really wanted to get involved and win a starting place. On his performance today I think he''s worth a try.

PS It was like watching Brazil in the second half today, really pleased for leon, that goal will be the first of many.

PPS I know he''s tainted goods but why didn''t we buy Bent when he was going for a song?? The lad looked good today, very strong and pacy.

Keep it low.  

I agree . He really was up for it . At long last Worthy has played the attacking formation up front ( Hucks, McKenzie and Svennson ) which won us the league last year . It is clear that we need to score more goals and this combination seems to click . I would rather we went down fighting with attacking football rather than play just two up front which is clearly not going to be enough. We were unlucky today but we need to win very soon otherwise i fear heads will drop .

I was very dissapointed in Helveg today - His passing was awful and responsible for Everton''s 2nd goal - Surely we deserve better from someone with his pedigree ???

I Have been calling for this formation all season, with our current personnel it is the only one that might give us a win. Its not 4-3-3 as some might suggest its just not playing huckerby up front. He has always been more effective coming from deep anyway and always plays out there anyway. So if we play him "upfront" invariably it means we have nobody in the box.

Hopefully Nigel has come to his senses and can see that.

It is glaringly obvious we dont have a premiership quality striker and I am dismayed by the fact we didnt sign anyone in the summer, we just have to pray January isnt too late.

I understand what you say about Helveg although I have to disagree, at least he was trying to make defence splitting passes that didnt always come off, in my opinion our defense had an off day today.

Out of interest - what Premiership-quality strikers were available in the summer, at under say £3m and prepared to take the sort of wage package that we could offer?

I''m really pleased that Svensson''s found form again, and very impressed with MacKenzie''s attitude - it''s obvious he''s not the finished article yet, but he will be cos he won''t stop until he is. Pity McVeigh wasn''t on the bench to replace him though. Now what we need is Scott Parker in midfield.

second half set up was as close to the side of last seasons glorious finale as we have had this term - only Jonsson for Cooper and Charlton for Mackay. That''s why it clicked, and it must be the setup we continue with as we have to creatre chances and take them to win games.

That said we were taken apart too easily for all Everton goals, but I too think that was one of those things/days. We have to win the next 3 at Carrow Road though, and this set up and performances like the second 45 will do this imo.

The only positive thought left is that I''d rather have lady luck on our side in the second half of the season than the first!