Sign in to follow this  
Joanna Grey

Investment vs Buyout

A lot of people on this Forum seem to think that the only solution is for a complete buyout of the Club saying that investment is not good enough. Likewise the Board have been blamed entirely for our current situation, as far as I can garner, for employing the wrong managers and for not investing in enough "good" players. I am not privvy to the Boards decision making so I must presume that when choosing a new manager that have to come to a majority decision (I would hate to think that the majority shareholders make the decision by themselves). If, for example, we had two new investors wishing to pump a few million into the Club - let''s say a consortium full of ex-football folk, and a rich, successfull local business man - with these two new faces on the Board would it be such a bad thing? Burnley (sorry  for mentioning them again) have ten on their Board of Directors, all have pumped some cash into the club, most are businessmen and presume that all have a say on major decisions. If "new investment" means more cash in the NCFC coffers and new faces on the Board is that such a bad thing?

i agree with you regarding burnley , my girlfriend is from there and i often speak to her family and hear all the news comming from thier camp .

great club , well ran considering thier gates are alot lower than ours they are a very well run club , with people on board who know exactly what they are doing .

norwich could do with approaching thier scouts at least .

this club is a joke when i have been telling them whats happened over the few seasons , even other fans feel its a shame this club has gone to the wall .

southampton have an excuse , a new ground, and parent company faillure .

this club has been run by a cook , its a joke

[quote user="Big Dog "]

Trouble is my friend, MWJ and HRH don''t want to lose any control.

The recent press conference convinced me of the still further.

[/quote]

But if they are looking for investment and someone wants to pump a few million into the Club then they can not expect that person to not want a place on the Board? I suppose the question should be "how much is a place on the Board worth?" I believe (and I may be wrong) that Cullum''s first offer was £5m, with the proviso that it only be spent on player purchases and he would get a "face" on the Board. The Turners (again I may be wrong) stumped up only £2m but both were accepted to the high table. Something a bit wrong there...