Sign in to follow this  
matt crowhurst

The figures dont lie. 97.53% of city supporters favour Gunn

Interesting reading about tonight''s meeting but it still makes me laugh that people are so adamant that this board and the meeting tonight is representative of the the entire supportGoing on another threads figures roughly 500 voted, 6 in favour of Gunn, 494 against, meaning only 2.47% of our 20,000 support are against Gunn or to put another way 97.53% of city supporters in favour of Gunnysee its amazing what figures can do!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]Interesting reading about tonight''s meeting but it still makes me laugh that people are so adamant that this board and the meeting tonight is representative of the the entire supportGoing on another threads figures roughly 500 voted, 6 in favour of Gunn, 494 against, meaning only 2.47% of our 20,000 support are against Gunn or to put another way 97.53% of city supporters in favour of Gunnysee its amazing what figures can do!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]Probably the most ridiculous post I''ve seen on this message board in a while.

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]Interesting reading about tonight''s meeting but it still makes me laugh that people are so adamant that this board and the meeting tonight is representative of the the entire supportGoing on another threads figures roughly 500 voted, 6 in favour of Gunn, 494 against, meaning only 2.47% of our 20,000 support are against Gunn or to put another way 97.53% of city supporters in favour of Gunnysee its amazing what figures can do!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]Probably the most ridiculous post I''ve seen on this message board in a while.

[quote user="ricky knight"]but tonights vote was a live poll, it dont lie, you should do your maths again old son.[/quote]

very strange post!

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]Actually, 494 voted against Gunn, 19506 abstained.So Gunn''s support is very low indeed.[/quote]This is what your dealing with!

[quote user="ricky knight"]but tonights vote was a live poll, it dont lie, you should do your maths again old son.[/quote]Ricky what difference does that make at all? A lot of people on here think that their view, and the minority others, are the ones that count and have been using stats from tonight''s meeting, on other threads tonight, to try and show that Norwich fans are against Gunn. I was just trying to show that we all can make the stats count in our favour no matter what the real opinions are, so for people to say that the majority of Norwich fans are against Gunn just isn''t true as my stats have shown!!!!!!!

i will expain, tonight was a straw vote of 500 city fans, with an overwhelming vote against Gunn and Delia, the poster believes because 24000 did not vote they would be in favour of Gunn, where logic says should this poll be carried over 25000 there would be a massive no vote. Mori polls etc are usually over 1000 people are usually pretty accurate.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="matt crowhurst"]Interesting reading about tonight''s meeting but it still makes me laugh that people are so adamant that this board and the meeting tonight is representative of the the entire supportGoing on another threads figures roughly 500 voted, 6 in favour of Gunn, 494 against, meaning only 2.47% of our 20,000 support are against Gunn or to put another way 97.53% of city supporters in favour of Gunnysee its amazing what figures can do!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]Probably the most ridiculous post I''ve seen on this message board in a while.please explain?????????[/quote]

[quote user="matt crowhurst"][quote user="ricky knight"]but tonights vote was a live poll, it dont lie, you should do your maths again old son.[/quote]Ricky what difference does that make at all? A lot of people on here think that their view, and the minority others, are the ones that count and have been using stats from tonight''s meeting, on other threads tonight, to try and show that Norwich fans are against Gunn. I was just trying to show that we all can make the stats count in our favour no matter what the real opinions are, so for people to say that the majority of Norwich fans are against Gunn just isn''t true as my stats have shown!!!!!!![/quote]

19 games 5 wins relegated..............

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]Actually, 494 voted against Gunn, 19506 abstained.So Gunn''s support is very low indeed.[/quote]And you think that those in Favour of Gunn were going to turn up tonight knowing that it was going to be a hatchet job on him? And i guess in some peoples eyes, because they didn''t turn up, means they are not proper fans as well?

Matt  you are missing the point, Gunn will be supported as we are Norwich fans and want whats best for the club, but  to say its a good appointment is just blind!!! I hope he does pull it off.....but as for the board, the rapinghas gone on for far to long!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="matt crowhurst"][quote user="ricky knight"]but tonights vote was a live poll, it dont lie, you should do your maths again old son.[/quote]Ricky what difference does that make at all? A lot of people on here think that their view, and the minority others, are the ones that count and have been using stats from tonight''s meeting, on other threads tonight, to try and show that Norwich fans are against Gunn. I was just trying to show that we all can make the stats count in our favour no matter what the real opinions are, so for people to say that the majority of Norwich fans are against Gunn just isn''t true as my stats have shown!!!!!!![/quote]

19 games 5 wins relegated.............. [/quote]I fail to see what this has to do with this post. I''m not talking about his record I''m talking about how easy it is to manipulate the figures to suit you case irrelevant of which side you are on, as the Government and Doncaster have been doing for years and as some people on here love to do to try and get others to believe that they are the majority

[quote user="matt crowhurst"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="matt crowhurst"][quote user="ricky knight"]but tonights vote was a live poll, it dont lie, you should do your maths again old son.[/quote]Ricky what difference does that make at all? A lot of people on here think that their view, and the minority others, are the ones that count and have been using stats from tonight''s meeting, on other threads tonight, to try and show that Norwich fans are against Gunn. I was just trying to show that we all can make the stats count in our favour no matter what the real opinions are, so for people to say that the majority of Norwich fans are against Gunn just isn''t true as my stats have shown!!!!!!![/quote]

19 games 5 wins relegated.............. [/quote]I fail to see what this has to do with this post. I''m not talking about his record I''m talking about how easy it is to manipulate the figures to suit you case irrelevant of which side you are on, as the Government and Doncaster have been doing for years and as some people on here love to do to try and get others to believe that they are the majority[/quote]We can all sit back and let it happen, like Gunn did towards the end of the season, figures will be manipulated....i just hope e stand united and tr to oust this board!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]

Matt  you are missing the point, Gunn will be supported as we are Norwich fans: reading other posts on here i dont think thats the case CC

but  to say its a good appointment is just blind!!!: i still believe that in the current circumstances it is a good appointment as i have explained on other posts before but we are all entitled to our opinion on this  but as for the board, the raping (bit strong use of a word there CC) has gone on for far to long: cant disagree with your sentiments there[/quote]

[quote user="matt crowhurst"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="matt crowhurst"]Interesting reading about tonight''s meeting but it still makes me laugh that people are so adamant that this board and the meeting tonight is representative of the the entire supportGoing on another threads figures roughly 500 voted, 6 in favour of Gunn, 494 against, meaning only 2.47% of our 20,000 support are against Gunn or to put another way 97.53% of city supporters in favour of Gunnysee its amazing what figures can do!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]Probably the most ridiculous post I''ve seen on this message board in a while.please explain?????????[/quote][/quote]Maybe you were making a point about how statistics can be manipulated, and I hope you were.Otherwise, your crazy logic makes no sense at all.  The only ''fair'' way to depict these stats, are either show them as they are, or make them proportionate to average attendance, which either way show a clear no confidence for both the board and Gunn.

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]Interesting reading about tonight''s meeting but it still makes me laugh that people are so adamant that this board and the meeting tonight is representative of the the entire support

Going on another threads figures roughly 500 voted, 6 in favour of Gunn, 494 against, meaning only 2.47% of our 20,000 support are against Gunn or to put another way 97.53% of city supporters in favour of Gunny

see its amazing what figures can do!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

So what you are saying is that only people who are anti Gunn and Board turned up tonight and if the 20 odd thousand who weren''t at the meeting had been there they would all have voted in favour of Gunn and the board.

[quote user="matt crowhurst"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]

Matt  you are missing the point, Gunn will be supported as we are Norwich fans: reading other posts on here i dont think thats the case CC

but  to say its a good appointment is just blind!!!: i still believe that in the current circumstances it is a good appointment as i have explained on other posts before but we are all entitled to our opinion on this  but as for the board, the raping (bit strong use of a word there CC) has gone on for far to long: cant disagree with your sentiments there[/quote][/quote]

Im off to bed................... and ill leave agreeing we all have opinions! night!

There were more than 500 fans in there tonight, if it holds seasting for 800 it was more than 3/4 full so I''d guess at 650 ish of which 6 thought Gunny was the man for the job, says it all really!

[quote user="kdncfc"]

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]Interesting reading about tonight''s meeting but it still makes me laugh that people are so adamant that this board and the meeting tonight is representative of the the entire supportGoing on another threads figures roughly 500 voted, 6 in favour of Gunn, 494 against, meaning only 2.47% of our 20,000 support are against Gunn or to put another way 97.53% of city supporters in favour of Gunnysee its amazing what figures can do!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

So what you are saying is that only people who are anti Gunn and Board turned up tonight and if the 20 odd thousand who weren''t at the meeting had been there they would all have voted in favour of Gunn and the board.

[/quote]im not saying that at all and if you read my other posts you would see this BUT we will never know as no one can be trusted to do a completely impartial poll of ALL fans

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="matt crowhurst"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]

but  to say its a good appointment is just blind!!!: i still believe that in the current circumstances it is a good appointment as i have explained on other posts before but we are all entitled to our opinion on this  but as for the board, the raping (bit strong use of a word there CC) has gone on for far to long: cant disagree with your sentiments there[/quote][/quote]

Im off to bed................... and ill leave agreeing we all have opinions! night![/quote]Night CC, enjoy our ''arguments'' as they never get personal

[quote user="matt crowhurst"][quote user="kdncfc"]

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]Interesting reading about tonight''s meeting but it still makes me laugh that people are so adamant that this board and the meeting tonight is representative of the the entire supportGoing on another threads figures roughly 500 voted, 6 in favour of Gunn, 494 against, meaning only 2.47% of our 20,000 support are against Gunn or to put another way 97.53% of city supporters in favour of Gunnysee its amazing what figures can do!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

[/quote]im not saying that at all and if you read my other posts you would see this BUT we will never know as no one can be trusted to do a completely impartial poll of ALL fans[/quote]Even a general election doesn''t cover EVERYONE, it would impossible to poll ALL fans.  Come on, get a grip.

[quote user="cityangel"]There were more than 500 fans in there tonight, if it holds seasting for 800 it was more than 3/4 full so I''d guess at 650 ish of which 6 thought Gunny was the man for the job, says it all really![/quote]thats my point though CA, it doesn''t say it all, not by a long way!!!!!! the majority of people who went tonight would have been people who were there to either moan about Gunn getting the job or to see what NCISA can do about the board, those that are either happy with the board, of which i am not i should point out at this point i think, and/or happy about Gunn would not have gone tonight

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="matt crowhurst"][quote user="kdncfc"]

[/quote]im not saying that at all and if you read my other posts you would see this BUT we will never know as no one can be trusted to do a completely impartial poll of ALL fans[/quote]Even a general election doesn''t cover EVERYONE, it would impossible to poll ALL fans.  Come on, get a grip.[/quote]thats true it would be impossible to poll ALL fans, but would be quite easy to poll all season ticket holders and members thoughfind it funny though that you think i should get a grip when im just pointing out how easy it is to manipulate figures to support your viewpoint compared to the weird things that have been posted on here the last couple of weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be fair Matt I think the people there tonight are fairly representative of the fans of the club. If you took a serious vote amongst the 18,000 season ticket holders I bet less than 20% would be happy with Gunns appointment.

[quote user="matt crowhurst"][quote user="kdncfc"]

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]Interesting reading about tonight''s meeting but it still makes me laugh that people are so adamant that this board and the meeting tonight is representative of the the entire support

Going on another threads figures roughly 500 voted, 6 in favour of Gunn, 494 against, meaning only 2.47% of our 20,000 support are against Gunn or to put another way 97.53% of city supporters in favour of Gunny

see its amazing what figures can do!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

[/quote]

im not saying that at all and if you read my other posts you would see this BUT we will never know as no one can be trusted to do a completely impartial poll of ALL fans
[/quote]

If  it was possible to conduct a vote of season ticket holders I''d be amazed if any more than 30% supported Smith and Jones and a similar amount for Gunn being manager, the thing that surprised me tonight was the amount of older people at the meeting who voted against Gunn and the board when I''d have expected them to have gone the opposite way.

[quote user="matt crowhurst"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="matt crowhurst"][quote user="kdncfc"]

[/quote]im not saying that at all and if you read my other posts you would see this BUT we will never know as no one can be trusted to do a completely impartial poll of ALL fans[/quote]Even a general election doesn''t cover EVERYONE, it would impossible to poll ALL fans.  Come on, get a grip.[/quote]thats true it would be impossible to poll ALL fans, but would be quite easy to poll all season ticket holders and members thoughfind it funny though that you think i should get a grip when im just pointing out how easy it is to manipulate figures to support your viewpoint compared to the weird things that have been posted on here the last couple of weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]Ok well you keep looking for excuses, but in my opinion I don''t think a poll of season ticket holders or members would be much different.  The fact that Gunn doesn''t realise he is a pawn in Delia''s game, and is another attempt at getting a fall guy is unbelievable.

[quote user="cityangel"]To be fair Matt I think the people there tonight are fairly representative of the fans of the club. If you took a serious vote amongst the 18,000 season ticket holders I bet less than 20% would be happy with Gunns appointment.[/quote]perhaps they were CA i dont know i couldnt make it due to working but i doubt it as 600 isnt even 5% of our season ticket holders

Just thought CA, perhaps the club, or Archant would commission me to do a research project on this polling ALL season ticket holders and members, might get some idea of the figures then either wayso if you are reading this Gunny or Delia or anyone from Archant feel free to get in touch