Sign in to follow this  
Paul Spector

Leeds v Millwall

Watching the game tonight - I really cannot see us beating either of these teams next season.

Leeds'' movement is 100x better than ours, mostly young players chasing everything and looking very skillful. Also, they don''t waste any time going forward, and as soon as they get the ball men are flooding forward - look v. good.

Millwall totally contrasting style, full of brutish men making crunching tackles.

The play-offs is a must for us next season, IMO, but I think we really face a tough task. I know these are two of the better teams, but we will need to spend wisely this summer.

p.s. every single player on the pitch looks leagues better than our Mr Otsemobor!

I''m sorry I don''t accept that - Otsemobor is quality, he just needs a little guidance...

Now, could somebody please guide him to the exit.

[quote user="The Undertaker"]

No one knows  what our team will look like next season so no one knows how good these teams are compared to us!

[/quote]

How very profound!Are you a soothsayer?  [:P]

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="The Undertaker"]

No one knows  what our team will look like next season so no one knows how good these teams are compared to us!

[/quote]

How very profound!Are you a soothsayer?  [:P][/quote]Give him the chokeslam!

Welcome to League One!  I think it is quite good old fashioned football but you probably have to be old and predominantly in League One to think like that.

You may have noted that you don''t get much time on the ball.[:P]

You can certainly do it - you just need the right people.

it''s a play off game, not totally representative to the quality of these teams week in / week out.

[quote user="Marty"]

it''s a play off game, not totally representative to the quality of these teams week in / week out.

[/quote]

Good luck next season.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Welcome to League One!  I think it is quite good old fashioned football but you probably have to be old and predominantly in League One to think like that.

You may have noted that you don''t get much time on the ball.[:P]

You can certainly do it - you just need the right people.

[/quote]

Any team can do it with the right people lol [;)]

I, for one, are glad Leeds are still down. You could argue it makes it harder for us but it''s nice to see fellow so called bigger teams struggle.Plus they have been stuck in League One for a few seasons now, I imagine Beckford, Delph, Sodje, Becchio and Snodgrass will all go and weaken their team.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]I, for one, are glad Leeds are still down. You could argue it makes it harder for us but it''s nice to see fellow so called bigger teams struggle.

Plus they have been stuck in League One for a few seasons now, I imagine Beckford, Delph, Sodje, Becchio and Snodgrass will all go and weaken their team.[/quote]

Beckford is one of thse players who ifeel will be too good for league 1 but absolutely hopless in the championship!

jas :)

[quote user="JimRoyle"]It''s a measure of the task facing City that a club as big as Leeds has twice failed to win promotion from that division now [:(][/quote]and the

and they had 37000 there!!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="JimRoyle"]It''s a measure of the task facing City that a club as big as Leeds has twice failed to win promotion from that division now [:(]
[/quote]and the

[/quote]

Welcome to the Village Idiots League or whatever you think it is.

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="JimRoyle"]It''s a measure of the task facing City that a club as big as Leeds has twice failed to win promotion from that division now [:(]
[/quote]and the

[/quote]

Welcome to the Village Idiots League or whatever you think it is.

[:|][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="JimRoyle"]It''s a measure of the task facing City that a club as big as Leeds has twice failed to win promotion from that division now [:(]
[/quote]and the

[/quote]

Welcome to the Village Idiots League or whatever you think it is.[:|]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]I, for one, are glad Leeds are still down. You could argue it makes it harder for us but it''s nice to see fellow so called bigger teams struggle.Plus they have been stuck in League One for a few seasons now, I imagine Beckford, Delph, Sodje, Becchio and Snodgrass will all go and weaken their team.[/quote]Delph will offset the defecit of not being where a club their size should be. Becchio will stick around, as will Sodje and Snodgrass. I seriously think Beckford would tear the Championship apart, he has quality in droves, a quality player, league 1 is too easy for him, he kinda gets cocky soetimes, but i think the Championship would sort that out. Potential Prem player there. He''ll be on his way hopefully

I was "lucky" enough to go to the match on saturday with my "Lion" brother.

To be honest....My thoughts when leaving the game were, if this is two of the best six teams in the league then pending who comes and goes, we wont fair too badly.

Millwall are organised. Zak Whitbread is the king pin. The 3 others in defence were below average and couldnt pass wind. Compare that with potentially Spillane, Doc, Stefanovic and Drury and we are a lot stronger than them.

Leeds'' were the same. Captained by ex binner Naylor were often all at sea. If it wasnt for the best player on the park Sam Sodje they would have fallen to bits.

Going forward.

Both were poor. I think there were 3 shots on target all game. Alexander and Harris, work hard as does Becchio but Beckford leaves a lot to be desired.

The midfield was by passed and if Delph is worth £10million then i am worth £3m.

As for the league in general, my brother in law is a Saaaaaaaaarfend fan and he thinks the perception of "big, kick n rush bruisers" is unfair.

He saw all teams this year and said most try and play football. he pointed at Southend (when they came up) Peterboro, Swansea, Doncaster and Forest as the footballing examples.

So.....although im not optimistic of promotion, i think the season wont be as "bruising" as some think.

[quote user="paul moy"]I just hope that Scunthorpe will beat Millwall in the final !! [/quote]

Paul..... you''re just being a cheapskate again...hoping that as many southern teams remain in League 1 as possible to cut down your travelling costs from the wilder parts of Berkshire....lol.

Personally I have a sister-in-law that lives near Brighton, a brother-in-law that lives near Scunthorpe, a father-in-law that lives near Carlisle and friends that live near Exeter and Yeovil........bring it on!