Sign in to follow this  
deano

Finances

Firstly, I''m not financial genius. I was wondering how bad our financial situation is?I remember Doomcaster saying the difference in TV money between the Championship an League One is about one million (i think).Stefanovich also said in his interview that due to relegation he''s had to take a wage cut, presumably this is true for everyone else. Depending on who you listen to we got between 300 and 500k for Marshall, and he was probably one of the highest wage earners. Croftys off and hes also probably one of the highest earners, as is Clingan who''ll probably leave. We also arent paying any of the wages for loan players any more. Apparently we''ve also got 100k from the Lewis deal.Therefore, I think that the club may actually have more money than people have been saying to invest in players, not necessarily in huge transfer fees, but maybe in wages.

If you consider how worried the club are about a large number of fans taking their rebates (rightfully IMO), I reckon we''re far deeper in than they want to admit.

Bad enought that anyone looking to buy the club (and not just chuck a few quid in to help out) would be advised to wait until administration where they could pick the club up for a steal.

[quote user="UEAstudent"]Bad enought that anyone looking to buy the club (and not just chuck a few quid in to help out) would be advised to wait until administration where they could pick the club up for a steal.[/quote]sports management degree, or inside knowledge ? [;)]

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]If you consider how worried the club are about a large number of fans taking their rebates (rightfully IMO), I reckon we''re far deeper in than they want to admit.[/quote]and we have been for a while, even before the premiership year, the 8 out of 9 years of uselessness before that must be where we lost any money we had. It''s the only way to explain their behaviour the last few years, even in the premiership, we had little ambition, and the striker situation, going from Ashton-Earnie-Cureton, leaving £8m unanswered for beggars belief.