Sign in to follow this  
chippy savory

Swap Deal

[quote user="chippy savory"]

Would you swap Wes Hoolahan for Alan Lee if Palace offered a swap deal?

I wouldnt.

[/quote]Of course not. We would need a considerable amount of money on the side as well. Let''s not forget also, that Hoolahoop played a large part in getting Blackpool in to the Championship.

No one is good but over the hill the other is good could be awesome in League 1 and is still young.Knowing our club and the reports that we want to build a side for the future, we will most likey swap without receiving any money also!

Yes. Doesn''t matter what the value of the two players are, yellow and green comes first.That''s why I want Sammy Clingan straight swapped for Andy Hughes, he bled yellow and green. Maybe Gary Holt.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Yes, Lee wantsto be here, Hooli doesn''t........plus Alan will terrorise League One imo.[/quote]

just about sums up you knowledge of football!

hoolihan didnt want to be here anyway , alan lee made it clear he wanted to be here , i dont hear many others comming forward and saying that .

unless your name is marshall , "we are to blame" then leave the following week .

its clear most of the players we have are not bothered what colour shirt they are wearing ,

this club needs stability , only then we will move forward .

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Yes. Doesn''t matter what the value of the two players are, yellow and green comes first.

That''s why I want Sammy Clingan straight swapped for Andy Hughes, he bled yellow and green. Maybe Gary Holt.
[/quote]

That ain''t as dumb as I first thought.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Yes. Doesn''t matter what the value of the two players are, yellow and green comes first.That''s why I want Sammy Clingan straight swapped for Andy Hughes, he bled yellow and green. Maybe Gary Holt.[/quote]

That ain''t as dumb as I first thought.

[/quote]Yes, it is.

I think if we received 200k and Lee for Hoolahan, I would do it. We have seen how hard it is to find a target man, we had been missing one since Ewan.  Plus Lee wants to stay and Wes has never really fallen in love with Norwich (we can thank Roeder for that).   We also have middies coming up from the academy, so while Hoolahan has exceptional skill, I believe it would be easier to replace him than Lee.

No we need to keep our best players if possible. We could probably get Lee in on loan again for next season and pay a smaller wage percentage.Even if Hoolahan wants to leave, the club have the right to keep him since he is contracted to this club and has two years on his contract not one. Its like Ronaldo saying he wanted to leave Utd last summer and Fergie just selling him because "he wasn''t committed to the club". Good managers should be able to convince players to stay and Gunn should tell Hoolahan how important he is to our promotion push next season. Sonehow I don''t think he''s got the man-management skills to do this though.

Hoolahan will almost certainly have a relegation release clause inserted into his contract or a stipulation that he can talk to other clubs if they offer a certain amount. I`m guessing somewhere in the 400,000 mark. It worked very well last season when we got him on the cheap from Blackpool, but I guess what go`s around comes around

I really don''t think we have a choice. He wants to go. Alan lee is a good player and wants to play. Hoolahan had one foot and had a good spell after x-mas and that was it. Alan lee looked like he cared and if he is willing to come down to league 1 why not??

croft couldn''t cross anyway!!! There is no point in having players who don''t want to be at the club. Theres always david carney......... haha

I agree that we should expect something more than just Lee for Hoolahan.However if push came to shove I would not complain if we didn''t. I say that because it wouldnt surprise me if he had a relegation release clause in his contract. That and at the end of the day I wonder what Hoolahan is - he''s not really a wide man and he''s not really a striker. He is also not entirely consistant and can be caught trying to take on one man too many. And has he piled in with a load of goals or a load of assists for an attacking player?In league one I think Lee would be more important than Hoolahan. We need goals to get us out of that division and we need a brute of a centre forward to help. Lee is just that. I think even at 30 Lee has got to be worth at least £400k - him alongside the other strikers we have could prove to be a good strike force.Hoolahan is a bit of a luxury player. Its a tough one but I think its also more than likely to happen.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Yes, Lee wantsto be here, Hooli doesn''t........plus Alan will terrorise League One imo.[/quote]

just about sums up you knowledge of football!

[/quote] Yes he knows more than you ^^

[quote user="chicken"]I agree that we should expect something more than just Lee for Hoolahan.However if push came to shove I would not complain if we didn''t. I say that because it wouldnt surprise me if he had a relegation release clause in his contract. That and at the end of the day I wonder what Hoolahan is - he''s not really a wide man and he''s not really a striker. He is also not entirely consistant and can be caught trying to take on one man too many. And has he piled in with a load of goals or a load of assists for an attacking player?In league one I think Lee would be more important than Hoolahan. We need goals to get us out of that division and we need a brute of a centre forward to help. Lee is just that. I think even at 30 Lee has got to be worth at least £400k - him alongside the other strikers we have could prove to be a good strike force.Hoolahan is a bit of a luxury player. Its a tough one but I think its also more than likely to happen.[/quote]Not sure he is a luxury player more like a creative player we really missed at the end of the season. As another poster said who will supply the crosses for an Alan Lee? Maybe Lappin, can''t think of anyone else?I always worry when we play a big man upfront and we just resort to aimless long balls. For me we have to be smarter than that in League One if we want to gain promotion.

[quote user="Lupo Loop"][quote user="chicken"]I agree that we should expect something more than just Lee for Hoolahan.However if push came to shove I would not complain if we didn''t. I say that because it wouldnt surprise me if he had a relegation release clause in his contract. That and at the end of the day I wonder what Hoolahan is - he''s not really a wide man and he''s not really a striker. He is also not entirely consistant and can be caught trying to take on one man too many. And has he piled in with a load of goals or a load of assists for an attacking player?In league one I think Lee would be more important than Hoolahan. We need goals to get us out of that division and we need a brute of a centre forward to help. Lee is just that. I think even at 30 Lee has got to be worth at least £400k - him alongside the other strikers we have could prove to be a good strike force.Hoolahan is a bit of a luxury player. Its a tough one but I think its also more than likely to happen.[/quote]Not sure he is a luxury player more like a creative player we really missed at the end of the season. As another poster said who will supply the crosses for an Alan Lee? Maybe Lappin, can''t think of anyone else?I always worry when we play a big man upfront and we just resort to aimless long balls. For me we have to be smarter than that in League One if we want to gain promotion. [/quote]How many assists does Hoolahan have to his name. Yes he can be creative but he also goes missing in games. As I have said he is not an out and out winger.Sure we will be short - but we are going to be short anyway when he goes. I dont even think there is much chance of us keeping him so you have to look at what options there are. At the moment so far as I can see the tallest contracted striker that we have at the club is Cody MacDonald. You could be right in saying that we have no other left midfield players at the club other than Hoolahan but if he wants to go what can you do?At least with the swap we merely change the position where the lack of players is. Finding a left midfielder may be difficult but then so will be finding another proven target man that wants to play for Norwich City.

[quote user="chicken"]How many assists does Hoolahan have to his name. Yes he can be creative but he also goes missing in games. As I have said he is not an out and out winger.Sure we will be short - but we are going to be short anyway when he goes. I dont even think there is much chance of us keeping him so you have to look at what options there are. At the moment so far as I can see the tallest contracted striker that we have at the club is Cody MacDonald. You could be right in saying that we have no other left midfield players at the club other than Hoolahan but if he wants to go what can you do?At least with the swap we merely change the position where the lack of players is. Finding a left midfielder may be difficult but then so will be finding another proven target man that wants to play for Norwich City.[/quote]Not sure how many assists he had last season but I''d say he was involved in a lot of the goals in some way or another eg starting moves by picking the ball up from deep. I agree though its probably unlikely that we''ll keep hold of him. Unless he has a relegation release clause then I'' d be looking for a sizeable fee as well as the swap for Lee, who at 31 has probably only got two good seasons left in him.This clubs problems stem from its inability to hold onto are better players and I can see this happening again. I don''t have any faith in our scouting network to find a left and right winger with enough quality to get us in contention for the playoffs. We need to be looking at offloading players like Cureton, Russell, Otsemobor and Drury. These are all big wage earners and can be replaced by fairly cheap alternatives. Wes and Clingan cannot.

[quote user="Lupo Loop"][quote user="chicken"]How many assists does Hoolahan have to his name. Yes he can be creative but he also goes missing in games. As I have said he is not an out and out winger.Sure we will be short - but we are going to be short anyway when he goes. I dont even think there is much chance of us keeping him so you have to look at what options there are. At the moment so far as I can see the tallest contracted striker that we have at the club is Cody MacDonald. You could be right in saying that we have no other left midfield players at the club other than Hoolahan but if he wants to go what can you do?At least with the swap we merely change the position where the lack of players is. Finding a left midfielder may be difficult but then so will be finding another proven target man that wants to play for Norwich City.[/quote]Not sure how many assists he had last season but I''d say he was involved in a lot of the goals in some way or another eg starting moves by picking the ball up from deep. I agree though its probably unlikely that we''ll keep hold of him. Unless he has a relegation release clause then I'' d be looking for a sizeable fee as well as the swap for Lee, who at 31 has probably only got two good seasons left in him.This clubs problems stem from its inability to hold onto are better players and I can see this happening again. I don''t have any faith in our scouting network to find a left and right winger with enough quality to get us in contention for the playoffs. We need to be looking at offloading players like Cureton, Russell, Otsemobor and Drury. These are all big wage earners and can be replaced by fairly cheap alternatives. Wes and Clingan cannot.[/quote]I am not sure if you are one of the ones that have question Crofts ability but surely that has been one of the biggest issues of the season. Croft is a winger who should provide scoring chances as well as score some - he has what five goals and an assist? Hoolahan is a more direct attacking midfielder and yet he also hasnt a great record. The problem I see is that he is very hit and miss some days he is on fire and others he is freezing cold and gave away posession far to easily.Dont get me wrong he is a fantastic player but I wonder if he will get any better - because he needs to become more consistant.Last time I looked Lee is 30 and will turn 31 in august - target men are a bit like defenders in that they seem to get better with age - look at Iwan. I think you would be incredibly unlucky only to get one or two seasons out of Lee - I think three or even four is more likely where as someone like Hoolahan, I wonder where he will be playing in two or three seasons.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Yes, Lee wantsto be here, Hooli doesn''t........plus Alan will terrorise League One imo.[/quote]Totally agree with this. It''s vital we get rid of those who don''t want to be here and build a core of players who do. If Hoolahan wanted to stay, I''d say definitely not.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="First Wizard"]Yes, Lee wantsto be here, Hooli doesn''t........plus Alan will terrorise League One imo.[/quote]Totally agree with this. It''s vital we get rid of those who don''t want to be here and build a core of players who do. If Hoolahan wanted to stay, I''d say definitely not. [/quote]We never saw the best of Hoolahan, he kept getting injured just as he was getting good. I''d love to keep him, and for the Russell for Lee swap to happen instead, Russell has no quality, and would be easier to replace, some highly rated powerhouse mid from league 2 would do a better job imo. (i mean if you''re a palace scout reading in, go and ask stoke if Rusty was any good, then come get him!)