Sign in to follow this  
Carles Puyols Hair

Some positives?

OK, come on everyone.  It may have been a rubbish day yesterday, and I was sitting there, like we all were, wondering where this first win is coming from.  But, today I can see some positives.

Leon.  He was great yesterday, someone on the board has criticised his performance but I thought he gave it his all and has firmly established his spot on the teamsheet. He''s taken some time adjusting but everyone saw what he could do yesterday in the second half. 

Huckerby on the left.  He doesn''t look as isolated, especially with Svennson up front, he did well yesterday too.  He worries defenders a lot more cutting in from the left.  What a hair cut as well!

The balance of the team in the second half.  They looked a solid unit after the break.  I would still try Mulryne instead of Holt.  I did think Holt looked much better yesterday but I''d like to see someone who can pass the ball in the middle of the pitch. That said, Holt did enough yesterday to make me think that he should stay in. 

The attacking.  Loads improved, they looked hungry and capable of scoring.  OK, there were missed opportunities.  Those people that are saying we need to play that way for 90 minutes are totally right but at least we CAN play that way.  We''ve all seen it now.  The passing and movement were all there in that second half.  We have nothing to fear.

Right.  Stop moaning, stop the negative thoughts.  We are not far off 13th place adn if that''s where we finish we''re all going to be pretty happy.

OTBC!!