Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Is Darren Huckerby a norwich city legend?

Whilst watching the liverpool legends game (in my defence theres no other footy on tv [:P]) I''ve been contemplating a norwich city legends team.Is Hucks a norwich city legend? Although he only played for us for 5 years I would say a resounding yes- has been critical in many aspects of norwich city recent history - even heard from some people that had he been here last season we''d have stayed up. The excitement being drummed up by ''news'' of his impending return indicates how highly we all think of him.What say you? In a norwich city legends team who (if anyone) would you play ahead of him?

After all the doom and gloom around here lets have a little reminisce (sp?) about the good times[Y]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][:O]what a stupid question CT!!!!!!!!!!!!!   COME ON M8[/quote]I know its a bit of a stupid question but I wasnt sure how to word it.Lets change it a bit then.Of all the  NCFC players you''ve seen what would your legends team look like?                 GreeeeeenoSteeno  Malkay  Flem Drury Rivers  Holt  Clingan      Hucks             Ashton Mckenzie

I think that is a crazy statement.

I have been watching Norwich for over 30 years and few players in that period would surpass him as a legend, although he is a legend for more than his playing ability.

I think the thing that sets him apart is the context and teams he has played in and the loyalty he has shown in this day and age of mercenaries following a pay cheque.

He has also been a great player who could make a differnce to a game on his own thankfully considering some of the mediocre teams he played in.

I cant think of anyone to touch him.

I dont think another will come along in my lifetime.

[quote user="CT "][quote user="city-till-i-die"][:O]what a stupid question CT!!!!!!!!!!!!!   COME ON M8[/quote]

I know its a bit of a stupid question but I wasnt sure how to word it.
Lets change it a bit then.
Of all the  NCFC players you''ve seen what would your legends team look like?

Greeeeeeno
Steeno  Malkay  Flem Drury

Rivers  Holt  Clingan      Hucks

Ashton Mckenzie

[/quote]

Mark Rivers?! Good God.

[quote user="CT "][quote user="city-till-i-die"][:O]what a stupid question CT!!!!!!!!!!!!!   COME ON M8[/quote]I know its a bit of a stupid question but I wasnt sure how to word it.Lets change it a bit then.Of all the  NCFC players you''ve seen what would your legends team look like?                 GreeeeeenoSteeno  Malkay  Flem Drury Rivers  Holt  Clingan      Hucks             Ashton Mckenzie

[/quote]None of the above

Can I change my line-up slightly?      GreenSteeno Mackay Flem DruryRivers Holt  Mulryne    Hucks         Robbo Mckenzie (for the 2 goals v scum)It shows that ive only been a supporter since 2002 doesnt it[:$]

[quote user="CT "][quote user="city-till-i-die"][:O]what a stupid question CT!!!!!!!!!!!!!   COME ON M8[/quote]

Greeeeeeno

Ashton Mckenzie

[/quote]im a little older than you .......huhumm ......

1.woods

culverhouse    watson           bruce           bowen

fox               crook                     shannon                      hucks

sutton              drinkle

subs...........eadie....goss...asa hartford(milk cup goal alone)  makenzie(2 goals on his debut  against scum) green              

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

Greeeeeeno

Ashton Mckenzie

1.woods

subs...........eadie....goss...asa hartford(milk cup goal alone)  makenzie(2 goals on his debut  against scum) green     and bellamy [Y] 

[/quote]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[quote user="CT "][quote user="city-till-i-die"][:O]what a stupid question CT!!!!!!!!!!!!!   COME ON M8[/quote]I know its a bit of a stupid question but I wasnt sure how to word it.Lets change it a bit then.Of all the  NCFC players you''ve seen what would your legends team look like?                 GreeeeeenoSteeno  Malkay  Flem Drury Rivers  Holt  Clingan      Hucks             Ashton Mckenzie

1.woods

subs...........eadie....goss...asa hartford(milk cup goal alone)  makenzie(2 goals on his debut  against scum) green              

[/quote]Is that Mick "Channon" you have playing in "central midfield"!?

Greeeeeeno

Ashton Mckenzie

[/quote]

no he is NOT

[quote user="CT "]Can I change my line-up slightly?      GreenSteeno Mackay Flem DruryRivers Holt  Mulryne    Hucks         Robbo Mckenzie (for the 2 goals v scum)It shows that ive only been a supporter since 2002 doesnt it[:$][/quote]Huckerby is the player that people will look at in the future and will be seen as the greatest NCFC player of the new Millennium (so far).My team....Gunn (well it had to be really, despite how I feel about him at the moment)Kenton, Mackay, Jackson, DruryMcVeigh, Crook, Safri, HuckerbyRoberts, Fleck

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

Greeeeeeno

Ashton Mckenzie

1.woods

fox               crook             hucks

channon

[/quote]Is that Mick "Channon" you have playing in "central midfield"!?
[/quote]hows that?? [Y]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

1.woods

fox               crook             hucks

channon

[/quote]Is that Mick "Channon" you have playing in "central midfield"!?[/quote]hows that?? [Y][/quote]Thank you

[quote user="CT "]Whilst watching the liverpool legends game (in my defence theres no other footy on tv [:P]) I''ve been contemplating a norwich city legends team.Is Hucks a norwich city legend? Although he only played for us for 5 years I would say a resounding yes- has been critical in many aspects of norwich city recent history - even heard from some people that had he been here last season we''d have stayed up. The excitement being drummed up by ''news'' of his impending return indicates how highly we all think of him.What say you? In a norwich city legends team who (if anyone) would you play ahead of him?

After all the doom and gloom around here lets have a little reminisce (sp?) about the good times[Y][/quote]How is that even a question? Of course he is. He single handedly won us promotion and was superb thruout his time here.

Norwich City legends team XI-------------------------Gilks----------------------Otsemobor--Archibald-Henville--Murray--Charlton--------Brellier--------Robinson--------Jarrett-------------Strihavka--------Thorne--------Koroma-----Subs: Nelson, Colin, Jimmy Smith, Brown, Hughes

A legend both on and off the pitch. Make no mistake.

In this era how often does a player capable of playing for any top flight team decide to play, and stay, for Norwich instead?

Gunn (just shades Green)EdworthyMackayNewsomeBowenHuckerbyAdamsCrookEadieAshtonRobertsGreen, Doc, Clingan, O''Neill, Francis, Earnshaw, Bellamy

Rivers!? You''ve got to be kidding me!!Any legends team has to include Crook, Eadie, Iwan and Mackay.

....close your eyes and remember that goal against Birmingham. Now ask yourself teh question again.

The question is, would he still be considered a legend if he came back and didn''t perform well in whatever role was assigned to him? Or would he just become a "good servant" like Gunn seems to have been downgraded to?

Depends what role he''s given.

I think if he''s given a player role then we would give him at least 6 months before deciding he isnt up to it.

A coaching role would see him given longer IMO

If he comes back as part of a consortium then his legend status would rocket (not that it isnt very very high already).

chris woods

ian culverhouse       ian butterworth          andy linighan      mark bowen

ruel fox                    andy townsend         ian crook          dale gordon                      

chris sutton              dean ashton

Woods

Culverhouse Watson Bruce Bowen

Gordon Crook Peters Huckerby

Sutton McDougall